NYC mayor plans to BAN "glass & steel" Sky skyscrapers

front-4.jpg

2 more years of this clown....

Last edited:
"If someone wants to build one of those things they can take a whole lot of steps to make it energy efficient, but we’re not going to allow what we’ve seen in the past"

You're like one of those country bumpkins that get mad at the sound of anything new without even knowing or understanding what it entails.

da man said Ban classic glass & steel skyscrapers...is there a language he's communicating in that you're not comprehending?

they're gonna try to "retrofit" every NYC building AKA incur burdensome regulations on new and old buildings which is gonna cost billions of dollars. who you think is gonna swallow that cost?

i feel bad whoever tries to move to NYC from outta town.

I am aware.

There are still plenty enough of them in circulation that you can still use them as trash bags.

not when a ban goes down.

ish gonna be wild inconvenient. imma toss my trash in paper bag and its gonna leak...

hopefully stores will go around it and make "thicker" plastic bags that aren't considered "single use"

i swear environmentalists are as annoying as vegans & PETA.

You don't know that

Hospitals, public housing, and places of worship are exempt from the rule, however, museums are not. The Climate Mobilization Act will apply to the city’s many cultural institutions, including including the Museum of Modern Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, and the New Museum. With vacuous spaces and a need for 24/7 heating and cooling systems, such large museums tend to accumulate CO2 emissions quickly. The new law will certainly cause pause for arts organizations looking to expand their footprints in the city (MoMA’s new skyscraper and Pace Gallery’s new 75,000-square-foot space will be subject to regulation) but none of the aforementioned museums have yet to release a statement about the upcoming ordinance.

Other companies, however, have voiced their complaints.

The Durst Organization also told Crain’s New York that its LEED-certified building at 1 Bryant Park, popularly known as the Bank of America Tower, wouldn’t meet the requirements despite it becoming the first skyscraper to win top “platinum” status from the US Green Building Council in 2010. Because the building is open 24 hours a day and hosts 11,000 works, the company says its property would incur $2.5 million in fines in 2024 and escalate annually from there. (The law will also require buildings to slash emissions by 80 percent by 2050.)

But officials have promised a gradual rollout. This year, an Office of Building Energy and Emissions Performance and an advisory board will be created at the Department of Buildings to both regulate and enforce the new standards. Advocates of the plan say that the retrofitting of skyscrapers — which will likely need better heating, cooling, lighting, and window systems — will bring thousands of jobs to architects, engineers, and builders. Property owners can also purchase renewable energy credits to offset some of the emission goals or work with the office to reach higher energy requirements.

https://hyperallergic.com/496332/sk...-environmental-restrictions-in-new-york-city/

yeah...real estate is not taking this lying down... especially New York Real estate.

Word, I just went to Target the other day and all the plastic bags I got is like a good 2 weeks of garbage bags now. :lol:
If you had target tote bags you would have saved 5 cents each tote bag you used and save our environment.

Turtles think plastic bags are jelly fish which they consume as food. But your not a hipster from williamsburg cause that not hard enough for cats in the heights to care about.
upload_2019-4-22_22-7-14.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom