NYC mayor plans to BAN "glass & steel" Sky skyscrapers

My son lives in a concrete wall surrounded by shoeboxes and thrives off da bodegas garbage bags but can’t understand the need for improving society.

you mean like restrict development like San Francisco so prices sky rocket cuz of shortages and have poop finder apps so we can avoid streets & tent cities? nah b im good.

Best part of the deal:

https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-mayor/news/209-19/action-global-warming-nyc-s-green-new-deal#/0
  • Promoting New Yorkers' health. The City will guarantee health care for every New Yorker, to create the most comprehensive, universal coverage in the nation for uninsured New Yorkers, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status. The City will focus on ending the opioid epidemic and deploy engagement teams alongside first responders to support people with mental health and substance misuse needs.

If you really care, ya'll should prepare questions and counterpoints then show up to a town hall or whatever and present them instead of wasting energy blowing up and pretending you know everything off top. It's silly and promotes stagnation.

Hospitals, public housing, and places of worship are exempt from the rule, however, museums are not. The Climate Mobilization Act will apply to the city’s many cultural institutions, including including the Museum of Modern Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, and the New Museum. With vacuous spaces and a need for 24/7 heating and cooling systems, such large museums tend to accumulate CO2 emissions quickly. The new law will certainly cause pause for arts organizations looking to expand their footprints in the city (MoMA’s new skyscraper and Pace Gallery’s new 75,000-square-foot space will be subject to regulation) but none of the aforementioned museums have yet to release a statement about the upcoming ordinance.

Other companies, however, have voiced their complaints.

The Durst Organization also told Crain’s New York that its LEED-certified building at 1 Bryant Park, popularly known as the Bank of America Tower, wouldn’t meet the requirements despite it becoming the first skyscraper to win top “platinum” status from the US Green Building Council in 2010. Because the building is open 24 hours a day and hosts 11,000 works, the company says its property would incur $2.5 million in fines in 2024 and escalate annually from there. (The law will also require buildings to slash emissions by 80 percent by 2050.)

But officials have promised a gradual rollout. This year, an Office of Building Energy and Emissions Performance and an advisory board will be created at the Department of Buildings to both regulate and enforce the new standards. Advocates of the plan say that the retrofitting of skyscrapers — which will likely need better heating, cooling, lighting, and window systems — will bring thousands of jobs to architects, engineers, and builders. Property owners can also purchase renewable energy credits to offset some of the emission goals or work with the office to reach higher energy requirements.

https://hyperallergic.com/496332/sk...-environmental-restrictions-in-new-york-city/

yeah...real estate is not taking this lying down... especially New York Real estate.

LEED and what Deblasio is doing is just smoke a mirrors. LEED is basically a energy efficiency scam. It's like placing a stockx tag on a pair of well made replica off-whites. With LEED pretending to be on the forefront of energy efficiency it fails to capture the finer details of sustainability and practicality. Like stated above, a building can have a platinum LEED status but fail to adhere to emissions requirements because LEED doesn't address practical functions of any building. This is extremely common in commercial applications. No one in engineering and architecture take LEED seriously other than using it as a false accreditation for political gain. The latest editions of ASHRAE 90.1 or IECC both have more stringent energy requirements than LEED and are the based standard for most States and AHJ's. They do not address renewable energy as LEED does but in general the renewable energy market is volatile and is not a practical application for most infrastructures within America's. For example, the kickbacks for renewable energy are based on a pool of money. With that pool of money, owners expect a return on investment within 5 years and profit for the remainder of the lifecycle of the system. 10 year payback if the owner has a soft spot for the environment. Other than that, on one in their right mind of business will invest into renewable energy. Once that pool of money is gone the return on investment jumps to around 30 years or so. To have NYC run on renewable energy within the next 10 years is simply unrealistic. It would be an investment of 100's of billions into cogeneration, solar power, wind turbines and batteries that NYC or the country doesn't have the money for nor is our country currently built for that initiative. NYC doesn't even have the space for renewable energy nor the manpower to install it(a good contractor is hard to find in the city). Germany was able to do it because of varying factors post WWII. But our country would need to completely shift funding from military to renewable energy to ever make something this lofty work.

I know u meant. Still gross to me. Seen on twitter once that some folk put a plastic bag from the store on top of they rice and let it boil...

Ziplocks cost cents less than a dollar for 100 of them lol

I know u meant. Still gross to me. Seen on twitter once that some folk put a plastic bag from the store on top of they rice and let it boil...

Ziplocks cost cents less than a dollar for 100 of them lol
Yeah but they used to be free
Free bag > paying for ziplocks

Actually they're not really free, the cost is passed to you through everything else. For example Lidl sells stuff cheaper because they don't add the extra fluff of most supermarkets like paying man hours for a fancy display, and you can buy bags or bring your own.

I use tote bags by the way. They're more convenient and allow for a free hand in the streets.

This Green New Deal for NYC is just dumb. It's already expensive to live and conduct business here. It will get passed on to those who rent. Yet, he flies across the country in a desperate bid to gain relevance for the presidency and drives 11 miles from Park Slope to Gracie Mansion every day to workout. Do as I say, not as I do. New York City deserves this for electing him not once, but twice. Between him and his crooked wife, I'm over them.

I use tote bags by the way. They're more convenient and allow for a free hand in the streets.

This Green New Deal for NYC is just dumb. It's already expensive to live and conduct business here. It will get passed on to those who rent. Yet, he flies across the country in a desperate bid to gain relevance for the presidency and drives 11 miles from Park Slope to Gracie Mansion every day to workout. Do as I say, not as I do. New York City deserves this for electing him not once, but twice. Between him and his crooked wife, I'm over them.
We don’t need you b big billy d got the juice

Target bags are not garbage bags :lol: you can fit about 2 soda bottles and 5 blunt guts in a target bag unless ya buying stuffed animals and towels everytime you go.

Promoting New Yorkers' health. The City will guarantee health care for every New Yorker, to create the most comprehensive, universal coverage in the nation for uninsured New Yorkers, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status

this already existed...its called da emergency room X charity care X sanctutary city provisions.

front-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom