NYCers...Halal Cart on 53rd and 6th...

Never went to that spot because there's always a line & I hate lines. Usually mess with the one on 49th & 6th.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

true nyc cats have been on to the next one
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Callate.[/color]
indifferent.gif

This guy is just AMAZING. Best halal food cart i've ever eaten from.

His hot sauce is the hottest hot sauce ive ever had.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I walked by the schnitzel truck on about 46th or 47th between 6th and 7th and saw a 50 person line on Friday. Has anyone tried that place?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

damn i need to try this
pimp.gif
Dude, there are plenty of places in Toronto that sell this kind of food. "Villa Madina" in a lot of the malls and the stores between Pharmacy/Lawrence and Warden/Lawrence.
oh i know, but im assuming this NYC spot is better than the toronto joints. 

Originally Posted by 4dWritePRiCE

Originally Posted by Woodside718

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

Originally Posted by Woodside718

overrated, i think one of the best halal carts is the one in astoria by the supermarket parking lot
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
mad specific "in astoria by the supermarket"
Word my bad
laugh.gif
, they are called the king of falafel i think. Located on corner of 30th st & broadway. Dude be throwing in free falafel to and always packs the food till it cant fit no more.
pimp.gif
i gotta try this

its in front of associated supermarket. i never tried it. and 53rd spot > sammys on jackson heights.

I tried it when I went. Luckily I had looked into it some online and knew about the adjacent corner one being the same !!%# with no line.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

So, NYCers tell me what's really good

Chimichurri or Halal carts?
chimi imo
I prefer halal.  I gotta pass by the chimi trucks in the heights on the way to grab halal and I don't even have to think twice about it no more.  they still good though

Place fell off unfortunately.

In it's hay day, it was amazing.

It used to be worth it to make that 2am trip from North Jersey, but I'm good on that nowadays. Still, if I'm in the area hungry as hell I'll f w/ it

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

o yea....never go to the ones in front of Queens Center...prolly the worst halal spots
Word. I went there last week, it had no flavor. And he skimped heavy on the meat, had me go back for a hot dog
I'm not too fond of the pepper/onion type knockoffs with afghan rice.
The thing with 53rd and 6th is that it ensures I'm full.

74st in Queens and the ones at 53rd and 6th in the city
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I haven't had some since January.. I'm gonna splurge on some when I get back in May
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jesusinjordans

Originally Posted by ar916

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by ar916

Ima be around there tonight but the one in hillside queens is much better
169 St and Hillside right?
yesirr madd good 
pimp.gif

How many carts are over there? Just went to the only 1 I saw on Homelawn. It was O.K. 
Where's the good 1?
Yeah that's the one.  The first time I had it, it was pretty awesome imo.

There is this halal truck near my job...not great at all; skimp on sauce and the food and everything...and the taste is average at best.

The dudes in front of Brooklyn Supreme on Court St do a nice job with chicken rice. I can't imagine any one place being dramatically better than another, but I should check the Manhattan jawn out before passing judgment.

Back
Top Bottom