Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters

Yeah, that's dumb what he said. When you are trying to draw fouls, you usually initiate the contact. Lebron does this all the time as well. I bet if Melo plays through it and doesn't mumble at all, they'll give him calls. 
I've been saying this all along. If Melo would stop complaining and just play through it, eventually he'll get the calls.
That's all it takes. The refs would respect it and he'll get the calls. He's strong enough to take contact and has the ability to finish just as well as Lebron does.
You guys must watch a different league from me. There's plenty of guys who whine way more and way worse than Melo and get to the line early and often. IMO Melo doesn't get the calls because he doesn't flinch or oversell. Also b/c of his style of play.
I made the distinction that he has complained less in more recent years. I will admit officiating him is difficult, but only when he is on the low block. He takes contact rather easily, so in real time let's say he's on the block, backs down and goes up, he absorbs the contact (let's say he complains), to the naked eye it it LOOKS like nothing, but it's not what he feels. So in that case I can see him talking to the ref and explaining what is going on. But in the case of him just outright driving to the basket, there should be no dispute of him being fouled because you can see him being knocked off his course, which results in a foul. This is the issue. At the end of games, particularly playoff games, if you're within 4 points or whatever inside 5 minutes, you are taught to go to the basket, at least you should be. He doesn't do this. He has to learn how to practice this over the course of the season, and learn how to work the refs, and yes you can do it. By the time April and May roll around, he would be granted that respect-if he does it consistently. I like watching good flowing basketball, but when I see him do stuff like that at the end of games, it frustrates me because I know he is capable of so much more and I see it as wasting his skill. I know he's a smarter basketball player than that, so it boggles my mind why he doesn't get more aggressive towards the end of the games that are more important. It works for now because it's November, December, etc. But at the end of games, teams are going to run guys at the 3 point line making those threes tougher to take and make, especially with no inside presence. So far, I see more the of the same offense with the Knicks, which means the end result will be the same come spring. Jump shooting teams usually don't survive.

Yeah, that's dumb what he said. When you are trying to draw fouls, you usually initiate the contact. Lebron does this all the time as well. I bet if Melo plays through it and doesn't mumble at all, they'll give him calls. 

I've been saying this all along. If Melo would stop complaining and just play through it, eventually he'll get the calls.
That's all it takes. The refs would respect it and he'll get the calls. He's strong enough to take contact and has the ability to finish just as well as Lebron does.
You guys must watch a different league from me. There's plenty of guys who whine way more and way worse than Melo and get to the line early and often. IMO Melo doesn't get the calls because he doesn't flinch or oversell. Also b/c of his style of play.

and no one likes the fat kid

Ricky Davis? Whaaaaa? 
mean.gif

This is also very true.

This guy settles for the jumper way too much. I would love it If I could talk to an NBA referee insider and get the inside scoop.

damn, we got ricky davis a few years too late

he was the missing piece to the puzzle in the al harrington era to make us the most shot jacking no defense playing team ever

Last edited:
I know it's only beginning, but Knicks gotta stop making lazy passes. Turnovers drove me insane. :lol: :smh:

Just curious. How really bad is Melo's shoulder? He couldn't buy any bucket from mid-range to outside than he usually did.

Last edited:
I know it's only beginning, but Knicks gotta stop making lazy passes. Turnovers drove me insane.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Just curious. How really bad is Melo's shoulder? He couldn't buy any bucket from mid-range to outside than he usually did.
I don't think his shoulder is an issue anymore

I know it's only beginning, but Knicks gotta stop making lazy passes. Turnovers drove me insane. :lol: :smh:

The last time he had shoulder issues ( 2 years ago) he shot a career low in %

I know it's only beginning, but Knicks gotta stop making lazy passes. Turnovers drove me insane.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The last time he had shoulder issues ( 2 years ago) he shot a career low in %
Is he hurt this year? I don't recall hearing anything about shoulder pain for this season

he ain't hurt, but he didn't get surgery like most would have in a situation like that

he's now walking around with a block of ice on his shoulder after every game

Two game stretch, coming up against the Bobcats. Hoping they can get these two W's. Kemba ain't gonna make it easy at the Garden.

he ain't hurt, but he didn't get surgery like most would have in a situation like that

he's now walking around with a block of ice on his shoulder after every game
That's right. I didn't think it was a good idea to not get surgery.

Everyone just seemed a little off last game.

Melo's confidence looked a little shaky. Seems like he's trying to get used to a different style of individual play and it's throwing off his offensive rhythm.

We'll be fine once we gel and everyone knows their role.

Back
Top Bottom