Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
**** that. metta is too crazy for me. i wouldnt **** with him if i was psycho t either. dude gives no damns.

He did get sked when Big Ben wanted to beat that ***, then just decided to go kill the small white guy in the stands.

Last edited:
@I_Am_Iman: Bro I hit the money dance and mogs be sleep. I'll just have to hit it one time in the game then. #props @BobbyShmurdaGS9

Iman gonna Shmoney dance in game :lol:

I see what you're saying, but as far as coaching goes summer league =/= regular season and playoffs. Coaching in Vegas for two weeks in July while everyone here is on vacation and NOT thinking about basketball is a different animal than coaching from Nov-April. The spotlight and pressure is just different. We'll have to see how it goes. Once again you're falling into that trap of the players listening to him. Not saying they won't but that same sentiment was echoed when Woodson took over for D'antoni. For the time being, it's a different voice, that's why they're listening. He has to sustain that voice. 

i agree completely, however woodson was just a random head coach. dfish has been respected since the day he came into the league, so i think he already has that advantage over woodson. obviously, hell have to maintain the confidence the team has in him. basically what im saying is that dfish is gonna be a better fit than kerr wouldve been. fish seems a lot more modern and easier to relate to since he just stopped playing.

I see what you're saying, but as far as coaching goes summer league =/= regular season and playoffs. Coaching in Vegas for two weeks in July while everyone here is on vacation and NOT thinking about basketball is a different animal than coaching from Nov-April. The spotlight and pressure is just different. We'll have to see how it goes. Once again you're falling into that trap of the players listening to him. Not saying they won't but that same sentiment was echoed when Woodson took over for D'antoni. For the time being, it's a different voice, that's why they're listening. He has to sustain that voice. 
i agree completely, however woodson was just a random head coach. dfish has been respected since the day he came into the league, so i think he already has that advantage over woodson. obviously, hell have to maintain the confidence the team has in him. basically what im saying is that dfish is gonna be a better fit than kerr wouldve been. fish seems a lot more modern and easier to relate to since he just stopped playing.
Mike Woodson is not a random head coach 
laugh.gif
. He's an average head coach. When I screamed this in this thread I was KILLED. When I said he wouldn't do what you think he's going to do, I was KILLED in here. That being said, right now he's better than Fisher as a coach from his experience alone. They can listen and you can still lose a ton of games. Woodson has a ring as as assistant with the Pistons. My opinion is he's just a better career assistant coach than head coach. 

Mike Woodson is not a random head coach :lol: . He's an average head coach. When I screamed this in this thread I was KILLED. When I said he wouldn't do what you think he's going to do, I was KILLED in here. That being said, right now he's better than Fisher as a coach from his experience alone. They can listen and you can still lose a ton of games. Woodson has a ring as as assistant with the Pistons. My opinion is he's just a better career assistant coach than head coach. 

well thats what i was getting at. hes not a george karl or phil jackson, but he was good as an assistant and thats why he landed a job with the clips. another reason why i believe fish will be better off than woodson is purely because of phil. were gonna be running a proven winning system and phil isnt gonna let players **** around like they did last season.

**** that. metta is too crazy for me. i wouldnt **** with him if i was psycho t either. dude gives no damns.

He did get sked when Big Ben wanted to beat that ***, then just decided to go kill the small white guy in the stands.
While Ron did back away from that altercation he didnt bulge his eyes in fear and get all apologetic.

Mike Woodson is not a random head coach :lol: . He's an average head coach. When I screamed this in this thread I was KILLED. When I said he wouldn't do what you think he's going to do, I was KILLED in here. That being said, right now he's better than Fisher as a coach from his experience alone. They can listen and you can still lose a ton of games. Woodson has a ring as as assistant with the Pistons. My opinion is he's just a better career assistant coach than head coach. 
Fishers respect comes from being hand picked by PJ to implement his system. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of this new trend of hiring players to coach right after their last game. At least Fisher has a better support system. Sn stunk but I wouldn't consider him random.

Mike Woodson is not a random head coach 
laugh.gif
. He's an average head coach. When I screamed this in this thread I was KILLED. When I said he wouldn't do what you think he's going to do, I was KILLED in here. That being said, right now he's better than Fisher as a coach from his experience alone. They can listen and you can still lose a ton of games. Woodson has a ring as as assistant with the Pistons. My opinion is he's just a better career assistant coach than head coach. 
well thats what i was getting at. hes not a george karl or phil jackson, but he was good as an assistant and thats why he landed a job with the clips. another reason why i believe fish will be better off than woodson is purely because of phil. were gonna be running a proven winning system and phil isnt gonna let players **** around like they did last season.
You have to temper expectations with that "winning system" talk. There is a huge difference this time. Think about it. That winning system when Phil coached had two dominant stars (Jordan, Pippen, and later Rodman), then Kobe and Shaq, then Kobe and Pau (not being dominant, but highly effective). This team is by far his greatest challenge. He has a singular star player, not significant #2, and a supporting cast with "potential". I know the "In Phil we trust" train is at full steam but you have to be real about it. Phil is Mr. Ready Made opportunity. He has to build his own now. It will be interesting to see, and he's a basketball president of operations and not a coach. All I'm saying is be easy with the hopes, but you can't tell that to Knicks fans 
laugh.gif

im not saying were gonna make it to the finals or anything like that. i just like the direction the team is going and it looks like we have some structure as opposed to last years *******. hell, if we make the 8th seed i'll be happy because at least there was improvement. im not really expecting much out of this season except for the young guys to progress and to get accustomed to playing an established system. the sets woodson ran last year got me scratching my head bald lol.

im not saying were gonna make it to the finals or anything like that. i just like the direction the team is going and it looks like we have some structure as opposed to last years *******. hell, if we make the 8th seed i'll be happy because at least there was improvement. im not really expecting much out of this season except for the young guys to progress and to get accustomed to playing an established system. the sets woodson ran last year got me scratching my head bald lol.
sounds reasonable to me, some fans go overboard with it though 
laugh.gif

beh235 beh235

Even though we disagree on a lot of things, I like realistic fans (still not sure if you're a knick fan though haha).

What are your expectations/predictions for this team this season? Do you like anyone on our roster?

Last edited:
If there is a Knicks fan in this thread that thinks this is a championship team they need to be banned for their own good. beh235 beh235 Has already stated he's not a Knicks fan. If you're a fan of a team those rose colored glasses will skew your vision everytime.

Last edited:
There are realistic fans, visions arent always skewed. I'm probably one of the more pessimistic fans of this team, but even i'm excited.

Is it wrong to be optimistic about actually having some kind of direction?
Finally having a PG that can hit a shot and run a team?
Finally having a guy up there making smart basketball decisions that dont put the team in jeopardy.
Having an actual system thats been proven to have success in the past?
Getting rid of a coach that makes 0 adjustments, has 0 plays, is way too stubborn, and thinks switching on every play gets you a stop.

No one ever said this is a championship team. We're no where close. People are split on whether or not we're even making the playoffs. But we are DEFINITELY moving in the right direction.

Guys that dont believe need to read Phil's book instead of just ******** on the team. This guy knows how to bring out the best from his players and put the best team together. He's had a hand in FO decisions with the Bulls and Lakers, he breeds success.

Last edited:
I guess I'm just projecting my issues, LOL. Fatal flaw of mine is that once I decide to rock with something, almost anything, I'm going to look at the situation with the glass half full as opposed to half empty. I like what's going on as well with the trade of Chandler, who didn't really wanna be here, and Felton who couldn't do what we needed done here from a PG. Draft pick of Early I'm good with too. Said before I only saw the kid play once when he gave Kentucky about 30 in the NCAA tourney, and if that game wasn't a fluke, we got someone with a nice game. Hopefully he'll be developed better than Shump. (Shump wasn't in the best of developmental situations). I can even see the cat Smith getting picked up tp function like a Perdue or Wennington in the system. Picking up Fisher I'm not crazy about honestly but I see it as an ends to a means of getting someone who understands PJ's offensive schemes, sort of a proxy :tongue:. Hell I'm gad Melo's back too! All that is to say I'm always honest about the Knicks. Even when I lie....:rofl:

Last edited:
I think there's about nine teams in the East that can make the Finals. I think the Knicks are one of them. I don't think they'll make it but it's possible. The entire East is average, Knicks have plenty of talent.

Also, what do we think charlotte does in terms of wins this season?

And anybody think there is a reason to believe the east will be stronger than last year?

Last edited:
Also, what do we think charlotte does in terms of wins this season?

And anybody think there is a reason to believe the east will be stronger than last year?

I think that the east will be better than it was. But as far as Charlotte, I like what they've done, and as long as Lance doesn't turn into Bem Gordon after he left the bulls then they could be what the nets were last season.

The east is open race as of right now. Not as strong as the west still but there is more balance which is great. This year definitely isn't ours tho lol. Phil has gained my trust so far tho, I was super skeptical until he fleeced Dallas lol. I like our draft picks as well.

I think there are a handful of teams in the east that are going to be legit: Cavs (depending on who they add in the upcoming weeks), Indy(despite the loss of Lance), maybe Chicago( all up to D. Rose), I think Miami didn't come out as bad as many thought they would, they have a solid team, especially if Granger can find his shot. I think the Knicks are definitely in the conversation, I believe all of the injuries did us in last season, and Sn. After awhile I think they threw in the towel, then attempted to make a push, but by then it was too late. Charlotte and Washington are going to be worth keeping an eye on, and Atlanta will stay consistent, but that is how I see the east. Like it's been said, it's wide open, but I think it will be the same teams as it always is with the exception of the Nets, don't see how they got better.

@beh235

Even though we disagree on a lot of things, I like realistic fans (still not sure if you're a knick fan though haha).

What are your expectations/predictions for this team this season? Do you like anyone on our roster?
I'm not a Knicks fan, but I do follow them and watch them. I can no longer live and die with every moment because as you know, it will make you tear your hair out. I'm a Jets and Mets fan, there's only so much room for that in my life 
laugh.gif

If there is a Knicks fan in this thread that thinks this is a championship team they need to be banned for their own good. @beh235Has already stated he's not a Knicks fan. If you're a fan of a team those rose colored glasses will skew your vision everytime.
You sir are correct

Now, that being said, this is my stance on the Knicks. I'm a fan of basketball, so I like decent moves by any team that seems like a legitimate move to improve the team to make them competitive and I like good flowing gameplay. I was a Knicks fan when I was younger but the disappointment (and the Bulls) got me too frustrated. I mean.....really frustrated. I like MJ, but make no mistake I couldn't stand him when he played the Knicks. As a result of this, I have an eternal disgust of John Starks. Those rivalries, when the NBA had them were great. Knicks/Bulls, Knicks/Pacers, and battles with teams like Boston were great. I'm sure all of you are aware of those close moments where the Knicks were right there, and couldn't do it. This is why I feel the way I feel about the current Knick teams. In terms of success, they aren't even close to how consistently competitive the Knicks teams used to be, so when everyone goes crazy about an individual game or a small stretch of good games, I roll my eyes. In the end, you know it's not going to amount towards anything in terms of the ultimate goal of winning a ring.

I've also felt while the Knicks have Carmelo, they are an incomplete team. I've stated before that Melo needs to have specific players around him to do what he can't do all by himself. He needs to be task specific on a team-get buckets. No more. No less. That is my main gripe with the Knicks, their lack of ability to put a complete competitive roster on the floor. As y'all well know they mortgaged their future for a good while with nothing to show for it but bloated contracts and scrubs for the most part. I can't be a fan of obviously stupid moves. Who is? In the middle of all that there are Knick fans that hold on to that hope that guys like JR Smith will be a part of a team that will get you a ring. In a decade he hasn't shown that he can control his own emotion at a crucial moment. He's done it in Denver and I wasn't shocked when he elbowed Jason Terry.

As for my expectations for this year, I honestly don't know. They should be able to make the playoffs because the east is the east and they have a star player like Melo, and they are excited to have a new coach in Derek Fisher. That being said, if no other major trades happen, their ceiling is a #7 seed and a first round exit. Beyond that, I'm not sure. 2015 FA aren't exciting. Ainge is not giving you Rondo.He's in the same division, he's NOT letting that go down. Love is a pipe dream and for that matter so is Durant. I don't believe the Knicks have a true shot at either one. Unless the team looks dramatically different, and that's a big IF. I like guys like THJr and Shump, those are good young players but honestly speaking, they're bench guys. I know you hate to hear that but on any decent team, they're coming off the bench KILLING, but they're forced into starter minutes because the team needs them to play. Think of how much more effective THJr would be if he played for a team that regularly makes the playoffs and has a solid starting 5. Their fans would piss their pants if he was coming off their bench playing like what he's been.

As for this thread, I like coming in here, it's fun and y'all are hilarious and not as obnoxious as other fan threads (by and large because there hasn't been a lot of winning but I smell Yankee fans in here too to balance that out 
laugh.gif
). I've been called a troll, which I'm not, I'm just a contrarian to unrealistic fans. I'm just saying be realistic about where your team can go. All moves aren't ones to get you over the top. You don't know what the triangle will bring and how it will go until you see it. Who is to say the personnel there now is the right one? What if Phil (as president) has to tweak it a bit and progress iss slower than expected. Fans are gonna lose their mind because expectations can be too high and bumps in the road aren't factored in (as well as possible injuries). I love basketball as a sport too much to be hampered by looking at it from one singular team's angle. Hell, going into each season you already know the 4 teams with the best shot to win anyway. The rest are playing to entertain you, there are no upsets in the NBA, it doesn't really shake out that way. There's more I have to say, but I'll stop now.

TL:DR

my bad

Back
Top Bottom