Oakland RAIDERS Off-Season Thread: Under New Management

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I don't have a problem with Carson but the Secondary my god
sick.gif
. DHB finally found out this season that he has hands hopefully he continues to improve. Moore shows a lot of potential. Next year the AFC west is going to be interesting.

How much longer are we gonna hear this though? Every year it's the same @#$%. "Next Year". I'm not calling you out or anything, but it's hard to be optimistic when we always shoot ourselves in the foot year after year.

How much longer are we gonna hear this though? Every year it's the same @#$%. "Next Year". I'm not calling you out or anything, but it's hard to be optimistic when we always shoot ourselves in the foot year after year.

Uh...where did he say we were going to be division champs? He said "interesting." This year was "interesting." Champion wasn't decided until the final game of the regular season. That's "interesting."

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

sick.gif
. DHB finally found out this season that he has hands hopefully he continues to improve. Moore shows a lot of potential. Next year the AFC west is going to be interesting.

I get you man but it all comes down to injuries and getting some luck on your side. Has anyone seen our Schedule next year?
sick.gif

Palmer is a good qb and he'll be great next year.
DHB still has trouble catching wit his hands
McClain is a bust
The defense is pathetic and cost us the season.
Oh well

On to the LAKERS

Wow. What a year. Week after week it was either extreme high or extreme low. Honestly I completely forgot how it felt to be relevant in the NFL.

I question anybody calling Hue Jackson a joke. The guy has played a huge part in revitalizing our franchise and in his first tenure ever as a head coach he experienced a good amount of success. He made some questionable decisions and went through some learning experiences over the course of the season but I stand by him 100% and I think he deserves to be the head coach of this football team going into the 2012 season.

Chuck has to go. Time to look at replacement D Coordinators asap. The secondary has been abysmal but some of the schemes have been worse. Don't have a problem with Rolo, we need a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball in the worst way.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Congrats to a good season yall. But do yall really dont want Campbell to be your favorite? I thought you only wanted Palmer cause the team felt it had the tools to win this year. I say stick with Jason

I agree; Palmer has never been the same after that knee injury, before that I thought he was destined for the Hall one day with how he was looking 

I really really like Jason Campbell as a player and as a person but he's about maxed out on his potential. So has Palmer but I don't think Jason will ever be quite in Palmer's class.

sick.gif

Bro after the dark ages we've been through since 2003, how can you possibly not be optimistic about this team going forward?

I was pretty optimistic two years ago and even more optimistic at the end of last season for reasons that were harder to explain, it was more intuition, this season it's just plain out in the open. This was our best season in eight years. How can you not be optimistic?

I just want to see this team at full health. Full Training Camp with Palmer. This team is gonna be a monster next year if healthy

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

sick.gif

Bro after the dark ages we've been through since 2003, how can you possibly not be optimistic about this team going forward?

I was pretty optimistic two years ago and even more optimistic at the end of last season for reasons that were harder to explain, it was more intuition, this season it's just plain out in the open. This was our best season in eight years. How can you not be optimistic?
I'm not optimistic because I personally feel that we've always had the talent to be a playoff team (post Jamarcus
laugh.gif
) yet we still find ways to not make the playoffs, whether its through constant injuries (Gradkowski, Mcfadden, Campbell, etc), racking up the dumbest penalties, or missing perfect opportunities to win our division like last year and this year. These past 2 years have basically been freebies yet even then we failed to take advantage. It's like we're cursed or some @#$%

"Let me tell you something: I'm going take a stronger hand in this whole team, this whole organization," Jackson said. "There ain't no way that I'm going to feel like I feel today a year from now. I promise you that. Defensively, offensively and special teams. This is a joke. ... Yeah, I'm going to take a hand in everything that goes on here."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/01/01/SPD21MJS0K.DTL#ixzz1iHXdfowf

I like Hue as our Coach but we need to get a GM also I don't want him with a lot power.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Although Palmer isn't the greatest, you have got to look at who he's throwin to also. So many dropped passes, that should have easily been caught.

Jason Campbell was doing adequate throwing to the same set of bums

1) Palmer had a great game and has shown that he still has the capabilities. I'd like to see a full training camp and preseason does with this crew. (I give him until week 4 next season to set judgement.

2) The Defense has been terrible. Chuck's schemes are horrible and totally exposes the weakness in the pass defense. I hope Shaughnessy can help with the lack of pass rush when he gets back next year. Definitely need help at corner.

3)For the love of mercy McFadden has got to commit to finding a way to strengthen and preserve himself to stay healthy for a FULL season.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

that play that looked like it was a safety being overturned took all the momentum from the raiders.
Agreed. I was at the game and it looked like a safety from where I sat. The game felt completely different for those few moments.

Hue will be handcuffed by the incoming GM, which I support. As much as I like Hue, I don't trust him with all these hats in controlling the team. Al Davis couldn't do it this past decade as our owner/GM/pseudo-DC, what should make us think that Hue should be able to succeed in doing something similar? Hopefully it's Reggie McKenzie coming from Green Bay that will be our GM.

Given that criticism of Hue above, I am in complete support of his presser after the game. This loss truly is on the players, particularly the backfield, for not preparing for a determined SD team. Where is the player leadership? Who will be accountable and say that the situation was in their hands and they failed? I've only heard this sentiment from Huff, who should be joined by the rest of the DB's in apologizing.

I'm shocked that over the course of the year we didn't have one game where we could say we dominated our situation. Every game felt like it was on the brink of winning or losing, except when we were clearly outplayed. Even in our most awful years it seemed we had at least one game where we won comfortably. I put this completely on Bresnahan, and expect him to be gone ASAP.

McFadden is a serious concern moving forward. We're forced to try our franchise tag on Bush because of McFadden's susceptibility to injury, and while Bush is a great RB in his own right, it's never a good feeling to feel compelled to retain someone with the notion that that person is the insurance policy for a player ahead on the depth chart.

I don't know what else to say at the moment. I'll continue to contribute the rest of the offseason and see what the rest of the community is saying. I'm sure all of you will be doing the same.

Carson Palmer is doing the best he can w/ limited time on the team and working with his WR, i think he going do major damage next year (full off-season, and training camp)...we already seen glimpse of some of the passes he can make..dude IMO hasn't lost much arm strength, it just comes down to trust on his receivers.

Chuck Bresnahan gotta go, just that simple 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
, I would like to see Steve Spagnuolo

Raiders 2012 Schedule:Home- Broncos,Chiefs,Chargers,Browns,Steelers,Saints,Bucs,Jaguars
                                   : Away-Broncos,Chiefs,Chargers,Ravens,Bengals,Dolphins,Falcons,Panthers.

Carson in Cincy 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom