Oakland RAIDERS Off-Season Thread: Under New Management

All I've been reading about OTA today was that Criner was absolutely beasting. Hopefully he keeps shinning throughout the summer and we suddenly have two great options with him and Moore.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I was surprised that Desmond Bryant was out there without a contract. I wouldn't do it if I were him.
As I understand it, no one can be on the field without a contract due to insurance reasons. I think he had a contract completed today.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I was surprised that Desmond Bryant was out there without a contract. I wouldn't do it if I were him.
As I understand it, no one can be on the field without a contract due to insurance reasons. I think he had a contract completed today.
I read on twitter that he signed a waiver.

Tape released of Rolando the night of the attack, but does not show him firing a weapon or participating in the fight. Co-defendant Jaradious Williams agrees to testify against McClain in exchange for a lighter sentence.

Well, at least we have some LB's to throw around this summer.

I doubt he serves all of it but it could have been worse. The only way he comes back next year is if he has a probowl season. I think Roger gives him 4 games.

rolando-mcclain-arrest-pic.jpg
roll.gif

He starts his jail sentence on June 1. But a report came out that McClain made threat to the defendant leading up to the trial. 
He keep f**kin up. With the video release and with the continued threats. I think Goodell suspends him for 8 games reduced to 6 games by NFLPA.

If he has to serve his 180 day and with a suspension he could miss the season

http://www.decaturdaily.c...cClain-made-threat,95906

Tapscott: McClain made threat
By Seth Burkett

A police report filed by Rishard Tapscott claims Rolando McClain made threats against him after he filed charges alleging the Oakland Raiders linebacker put a pistol to his head and fired it beside his ear, The Daily learned.

Tapscott, 23, told officers that Decatur native McClain spoke to him in person while he was playing basketball in the Austin High School gymnasium between 7:30 and 8 p.m. March 18, said Lt. John Crouch, a police spokesman.

“Tapscott told the officers that McClain made threats against Tapscott concerning what would happen to Tapscott once the case was over,

Here is the link
http://www.waaytv.com/new...HCmZ5MU6HGPhnzwWa_A.cspx

DECATUR, Ala. (WAAY, Decatur Daily) - WAAY 31's news partner, the Decatur Daily has obtained exclusive video that claims to show an alleged incident involving Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain earlier this year.

Police claim that McClain threatened another man with a gun during an argument on November 30th. Court records show the victim claims McClain fired a shot next to his ear during the altercation. McClain is facing charges of third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm in the city limits. He's expected in court on Thursday.

Earlier this week, the video above was anonymously submitted to the Decatur Daily. It appears to be a composite of several cell phone videos of the incident in question. Some segments have audio, others do not. It's unclear if the video is in sequential order. 

The video does not show Rolando McClain striking the victim, brandishing a firearm, firing it near his ear or threatening to kill him, though those allegations are among complaints filed by the victim in court. McClain's friend, Jadoriaus Willingham is also seen in the video. He was also arrested and charged in connection with the incident.

However, attorneys representing the victim say they've seen similar video and that it backs up what he told police.

“It’s obvious that McClain has been edited out of parts of it, but it matches up perfectly with (the victim)'s statements of it,

I don't think he'll play this season, not if the sentence is being served this summer and with Goodell still able to apply a suspension.

eek.gif
roll.gif
This guy made more threats instead of paying this guy. I could have sworn that I read they reached a settlement and that the charges were dropped.

McClain is a bum so no big loss.
The only player that fears our MLB is Danny Amendola.
I actually hope we cut his to free up some cap space.
Travis Goethal you are the next man up

John Lund just suggested on the radio that the Raiders should release him (and then joked that the Bengals would pick him up). Thoughts?

Originally Posted by dland24

John Lund just suggested on the radio that the Raiders should release him (and then joked that the Bengals would pick him up). Thoughts?
It's hard to say that I would be upset if this happened. He's not the player we thought he would be at MLB, and we're paying a premium price for that vision of him. If there was a way for Reggie to cut him without it hurting the cap, such as citing 'with cause,' then I'd be completely for cutting him. There are worse options on the roster now for MLB, but maybe we can make it work.

Originally Posted by dland24

Cut ties now. He's not worth the money imo. Mediocre player and he'll most likely miss the entire season when factoring Goodell's suspension/our newly installed defense.

If the Bengals can turn him around, more power to them, but he's not worth being a Raider anymore.

We should have called EJ Henderson's agent yesterday. Get us a real MLB at this point.

The Raiders are well aware that McClain is a headcase. Let's hope that a replacement surfaces in camp and we can return to glory.

Sooo far Mckenzie & Allen ain't playing around ....sooo i hope they cut McClain and just free up cap space ...

Source: McClain practicing with Raiders
PAUL GUTIERREZ
May 21, 2012, 10:12 am

Raiders middle linebacker Rolando McClain, who was sentenced to six months in jail last week and $2,000 in fines after being found guilty on four charges, is in Alameda today, practicing with the team as it begins its second week of OTA's, according to a source.

McClain missed last week's workouts as he was in Alabama preparing for his court appearance on Thursday. The sentence was scheduled to begin June 1, which would kept him out of the Raiders' plans through November, but the ruling has been appealed. Still, it is assumed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will also have a say in the form of a lengthy suspension.

The charges of which McClain was found guilty -- third-degree assault, menacing, discharging a handgun in city limits and reckless endangerment.

It is not known yet if McClain will practice Tuesday, which is open to the media, or speak to reporters.

Source: McClain practicing with Raiders

Kellen's not coming, unless he's willing to take a HUGE pay cut. I think Reggie is comfortable going into camp with what he has right now. From what I've been reading, the staff is hoping that Ausberry is ready to make the transition into starting TE.

Back
Top Bottom