OBAMA FOR THE MUTHA......WIN

race did matter a whole bunch this election year... alot of people were proud to see a man of color actually get the bid to run for president...i personally,did not vote in this election and that was because none of the candidates convinced me to give them my vote. i heard alot of bashing from one side, and thepromise of change from the other. the bashing got the one guy nowhere and dont all politicians promise "change"? as a black man, i caught a lot offlack for either not voting period, or not voting for obama. at the end of the day, the man is our new president, and as citizens we have to get behind himbecause he is our leader (i cant stress that enough). i just hope things dont get that much worse because we all know know what will be said about the firstblack president.. there doesnt need to be anymore division when this country is in the state that it is in

read my argument before you start jumping to conclusions...and please stop taking things out of context.

if you want to believe race matter go ahead...all im saying is when a party like the republicans aka p. bush screw everything up (like the economy)...historyhas shown through past elections that there is likely to be a change in party (a president from a different party is elected next term in this case a democratlike obama) that is why i say race really didnt matter b/c we knew he was going to get elected regardless of his race.

therefore this is why i said race in this presidential year did not matter

honestly if you dont get my point then forget it...

check the race numbers then come back and tell us that race DOES matter.

thanks in advance
pimp.gif

keunmunster-i understand what you were trying to say (although you worded it poorly causing some confusion) although i disagree with it. 2004 showed that wecannot underestimate this country's blatant stupidity.

jordanfiend- i cannot think of a better reason not to vote than agreeing with neither candidate's position. although i think his reasoning for notsupporting obama is probably flawed, why be forced to support something you don't support if you really feel that way?

r0yal family- Go check out how many black people registered to vote this year. Compare how many blacks voted compared to any other year. I dont think its acoincidence. Race mattered. A lot. And rightfully so, this was the first election where a large group of our country felt as if they were represented. Manypeople voted for Obama solely for the fact that they finally had a candidate they could relate too.

The historical significance of Obama being elected can't be denied; however for those who were driven to vote for Obama primarily because of his race Iwish Michael Steele had been running instead
laugh.gif

In the most basic, fundamental, political terms... Forgetting race or gender or issues...

Obama ran a better campaign, with a message that was in his favor for these times, remained consistent, and he won... Politically.

He beat McCain's *** being the better politician. Period. McCain, even with history against him, could havestrategically put up a better fight, and even WON. And that's real talk. The debates were "even steven." However,he will probably tell you in private he was advised to do things he didn't want to say or do or agree to, but was "guaranteed" that it'll winhim the Presidency, so he went with it... All of it.

Sarah? C'on people. American politics at its finest. That was so uncharacteristic from the Republican party, it screamed desperation, like the JasonKidd trade to Dallas.

Now, will Obama end up being Caretti from THE WIRE? Only time will tell.

But for now, times are so f'ed up, just having the ability to vote to potential have of rejoiceful moment was enough for most American citizens.

Which is sad when you think of it, but it is what it is.

And you can blame the post-Clinton administration for it. No matter how you slice it.

Republicans losing Virginia is an eye opener within itself.

Republicans want to talk about they don't know where Obama stands. Okay. And you know, after dealing with both Bush's the last 12 of 20 years andtheir antics, that may not be a bad thing.

Change is here.

"delgc23"
Your reasoning is the SAME reason I refused to vote, until this past Tuesday.

But I have learned that, with American Politics, you will always choose between apples and oranges. Locally, state wide, etc.

I respected the campaign Obama ran (overall, and comparing it to McCain's), even when I didn't agree with some of his policies.

Thus, my black *** was up in line at 5am.

Race was never an issue.

If McCain (who had the ability) ran a more joyful campaign (as opposed to going back to the mid 60s approach), I would have voted for him.

But, point blank, I HAD to vote this time around. I refused to have my daughter ask me about it 15 years from now, and I give heran ignorant response.

I guess the question isn't was a Race an Issue in the Election, but was it an issue to the person who cast their vote?

Cause I can tell you this. To me Race mattered in the race in the overall scheme of things, but OBAMA could have been a Mexican with Asian and BangladeshParents and if he spoke and had the same platform, I would have voted for him.

Regardless.

Race matters to me, because he happens to be a Black Man who made it this far and looks like me. I didn't vote for him because he was black.. I voted forhim because I have faith in him.

New York Times...
As late as Tuesday night, a McCain adviser said, Ms. Palin was pushing to deliver her own speech just before Mr. McCain's concession speech, even though vice-presidential nominees do not traditionally speak on election night. But Ms. Palin met up with Mr. McCain with text in hand. She was told no by Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain's closest advisers, and Steve Schmidt, Mr. McCain's top strategist.

Originally Posted by The Badgeman

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

race should not matter and did not really matter in this election...

Keunmunster, please logout of Niketalk.

How in God's name do figure race didn't matter in this election, and shouldn't?

Before today, of all things POSSIBLE...that was thought of as the most IMPOSSIBLE. A Black President.
How do you figure race mattered in this election and should?

I think the POST-election rhetoric is and will continue to be about race. No question that Hillary and McCain supporters are in total meltdown these daysand once you move beyond the historical magnitude of a black man being President of the United States of America:

of those 63 million plus voters for Obama.... close to 35 million were White
the Black community? 13 million

There were PLENTY of Black Americans who did not vote for Obama....
They were PLENTY of White Americans who did not vote for McCain
They were PLENTY of AMERICANS who didnt vote.... period....
eyes.gif

Had McCain won.. Those of us (black community) that didnt vote would have said, " see I knew this $**! was going to happen... thats why I didntbother.."
eyes.gif

Well over 1/3 of this country had an opinion on this election and made it known on Tuesday
We are still a country that has labels/sterotypes/bias tied to its countrymen since only 63 million saw the possiblity of a UNITED statesof America
ohwell.gif

Had GW Bush and the Republican Party not been the laughing stock of the world the last 8 years... we would not be talking about Obama outside the state ofIllinois. The crux of the matter was the country had enough.McCain would have won in close race had he not been tied to Bush or had his ownparty set him up with Chrissy Snow/MILF Palin.....

The greatness of this country is that we all have the opportunity to express different perspectives on what we see. The problem comes in when thoseperspectives are delivered in such a way that destroys another or is wielded for the sole purpose of hatred... fear.....

Obama will not get a pass... nor should he.... Now, he and the Democrats have their opportunity to rebuild the country.. or face the wrath of the 57 millionwho were on the losing side of this election.

Originally Posted by iCan

duec king, can you grab two copies for me?

im searching and not coming up with anything. bout to hit CVS in Anne Arundel County!

Hey champ, I got you at least 1 copy for now, they are trying to hold off on giving us extra copies for now, but I do have at least 1 for you. I will let youknow if I can secure another 1 for you.

thanks rudy.

13 million black folks vs. 35 million black folks.

in 2004, over 600,000 registered black voters DID NOT VOTE.

that same 600,000 that was registered then, voted this time around.

go figure..

One of my co-workers told me that 7-11 restocked with Wednesday's paper....also there is a DOPE 2 page pic of Obama addressing the crowd in the Chi on theback of the election section in the WaPo today...it's wallpaper material if anyone can find it online

You know with all the views from people about OBAMA..

Those who are pre-skeptical of him....

Do you think McCain and Palin were better for our Country? For a guy who openly admits yet tried to distance himself about voting with Bush 90% of the time andwanting to keep us in a war we had no business being in.. as well as a guy DIRECTLY involved in the first Savings and Loan Scandal??

Why would HE have been better for us?

Just wondering for everyone skeptical or against OBAMA.. I mean its too late to hope for different, but even in my mind.. I still can't fathom why anyonebesides die hard Republicans and White Supremists would want McCain..

Why not just vote for neither.. That was a choice...to Write in your own name.

Ian,

I watched that LIVE last night (noted here in this thread).

For "O'Real" to say out of his mouth in response to this and the $$$ for her Sax 5th and N&M bills, "That's justnic-picking...."

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

New York Times...
As late as Tuesday night, a McCain adviser said, Ms. Palin was pushing to deliver her own speech just before Mr. McCain's concession speech, even though vice-presidential nominees do not traditionally speak on election night. But Ms. Palin met up with Mr. McCain with text in hand. She was told no by Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain's closest advisers, and Steve Schmidt, Mr. McCain's top strategist.

Sorry, but I HAD to repost myself.

The woman wanted to speak BEFORE McCain gave his concession speech!

BEFORE!

DIS Broad!

roll.gif

Kev,

Something is in your post but I cant see it.. Is it The O'Reilly joint?? I gotta see what he said.. That dude trips me out...

^
Naw, its an "O RLY" avatar.

lol.

What I don't get is, there are still SOME NIKETALKERS up in this forum giving her a pass.

If she was a sneakerhead running for office within Jordan Brand, but couldn't identify the Concord Jordan XI in her last interview, people here would becalling for her head.

But, they gonna let this slide..................

Jesus!

%!@!

New York Times...

Sorry, but I HAD to repost myself.

The woman wanted to speak BEFORE McCain gave his concession speech!

BEFORE!

DIS Broad!

roll.gif

Whats even worse???

Palin was asked to name the countries that make up NAFTA..... she couldn't
eek.gif

She thought Africa was a COUNTRY......
laugh.gif

Like I said to Kev earlier this year... this wasn't a victory for the Democrats as much as it was total failure for the Republicans....
In 2010 will we see a repeat of what happened in 94 with the House and Senate after the Dems had control of the House, Senate and White House??
Republicans need a make over with the same 18-29 year olds that energized todays Democrats.
Reaganomics Era is old and out of touch.....

[Bernie Mac]
"All I pay you to do is spin re-coooords!"
[/"Players Club"]

I know a handful of republican folks who admitted to me that they voted for Obama, just in sheer frustration of Sarah. They just didn't morally right ifthey didn't vote at ALL, so that's the only reason they didn't go that route.

Now, that says something.

[Eddie Murphy]
"We voted for Jesse Jackson.... (laughs)
-Next Day-
He fu**ing WON?!?!!?"

[/"Delerious"]

roll.gif

I'm currently in Mccain's home state of Arizona this week and I really thought there would be a lot of upset people. Most people I run into up hereseem to have voted for Obama.There were a lot of Obama stickers and posters out here which surprised me.

I really wish I was back home when Obama won
ohwell.gif

I love all the people saying black people voted for Obama just because he is black, lol like the other side doesnt vote for pubs just because they dont wantthe gays ruining the country even the Pub platform may not bein there best interest. Black vote overwhelmingly democratic anyway. What won the election wasPaco and Jose in Florida voting for Obama and white people voting for Obama.

The Republican Party needs to take a long look inwards. They have some major issues.

Back
Top Bottom