Obama wants to increase Your phone bill

freakydestroyer wrote:
Obama making things worse already. How about he turn off half the lights in the white house, that'll probably save some money.

And not waste any money going to a Wiz/Bulls game. Aside from education and health care, dude needs to cut the spending. These ideas would have been good ifhe didn't follow Bush's mess.

Originally Posted by CoolLiquidFlames

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

A 4x increase in one year? Would it translate to a 4x increase in non-data charges?
smh
no, thats just one the coasts associated with providing cell phone service.. if you think your bill is going up 4X you're mistaken...
The cost increase will be negligible for each individual consumer but the game that the feds are playing relies on the naivety and stupidity ofthe public.

There's no such thing as raising taxes on corp's because those costs just get transferred to the consumer. Tariffs which is what taxes are akin too,are a cost of production and simply passed unto the consumer.

What does one call further reducing citizens discretionary income during a depression ?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

A 4x increase in one year? Would it translate to a 4x increase in non-data charges?
smh
no, thats just one the coasts associated with providing cell phone service.. if you think your bill is going up 4X you're mistaken...
The cost increase will be negligible for each individual consumer but the game that the feds are playing relies on the naivety and stupidity of the public.

There's no such thing as raising taxes on corp's because those costs just get transferred to the consumer. Tariffs which is what taxes are akin too, are a cost of production and simply passed unto the consumer.

What does one call further reducing citizens discretionary income during a depression ?
So where would communications companies pass the costs off? I don't see how the cost for individuals will be negligible.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

smh
The cost increase will be negligible for each individual consumer but the game that the feds are playing relies on the naivety and stupidity of the public.

There's no such thing as raising taxes on corp's because those costs just get transferred to the consumer. Tariffs which is what taxes are akin too, are a cost of production and simply passed unto the consumer.

So where would communications companies pass the costs off? I don't see how the cost for individuals will be negligible.
It may be a few dollars considering there are 10's of millions of phone customers.
I can't see it being anymore than a few $'s a month though, with an increase every year of a couple of $'s for x number of years.

I don't know the exact nature of that tax but most likely the increase is over a period of years and not all due in one year. Just my guess. Usually howthis stuff works.

Still dangerous policy considering there are and will be 100's of these new taxes (local, state, and fed) that will add up.

Appointing people to his Cabinet that had failed to pay taxes, and now this...
smh.gif
smh.gif

*checks Sprint Bill*

already have $2.10 surcharge from Sprint and $5.65 and govt fees

so i wonder what the new charges would be
grin.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JefferyJay23

I'm willing to pay more if it helps the economy in any way.

laugh.gif

i was ridin for obama, but now he wanna mess up my blackberry experience.

this man needa get impeached.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

SMH at you guys, do some damn research first. He is raising the rates carriers pay to use spectrum, he is not raising the rates for individual customers. If carriers choose to increase customer rates to offset the fees then that is their choice. Even if they do it is will only be a couple cents a month. You guys need to relax, I know having a president that is not a complete moron is someone new to you guys but try to act like you have a brain.
Thank you....some of y'all don't think about things before you type...thesecompanies are MAKING A KILLING off us then why shouldn't the country make a KILLING off them? makes sense to me

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

JefferyJay23 wrote:

laugh.gif

i was ridin for obama, but now he wanna mess up my blackberry experience.

this man needa get impeached.

u know!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TD The God

SMH at you guys, do some damn research first. He is raising the rates carriers pay to use spectrum, he is not raising the rates for individual customers. If carriers choose to increase customer rates to offset the fees then that is their choice. Even if they do it is will only be a couple cents a month. You guys need to relax, I know having a president that is not a complete moron is someone new to you guys but try to act like you have a brain.
Thank you....some of y'all don't think about things before you type...these companies are MAKING A KILLING off us then why shouldn't the country make a KILLING off them? makes sense to me
These companies are in business to make money. As a shareholder, that is what I want from the companies I own in my 401K, IRA or other investmentaccounts. If you believe that a company is making too much money, you have several options. First, you can choose not to do business with them. A freemarket is about voting with your wallet. If you do not like something about a company it is YOUR choice to make them change by doing business with acompetitor and punishing them that way. The second thing you can do is to buy stock in that company and participate in those profits. The advantage of a freemarket is that you can make money, as a public shareholder, off of a company that is successful.

By making a company pay 4x their previous fee it will ultimately hurt the people that Obama is trying to help most. The wealthy, no matter what taxes that anyadministration or congress try to impose on them, will always be able to afford it. It is the lower income and lower educated consumers who are most hurt bytax increases even if they are focused directly on the wealthy.

Thank you....some of y'all don't think about things before you type...these companies are MAKING A KILLING off us then why shouldn't the country make a KILLING off them? makes sense to me

if the carriers rates go up the customers rates will also.....................

c'mon now

is like cable tv/sattelite

gas go up..............cost of food in grocercy.

CAUSE AND EFFECT.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

QFT
Yeah right.... yall are both crazy.

Not my fault the economy is in the mess its in...... I shouldn't be penalized with non-sense like this for their stupid mistakes.

Find a better way to fix it then crap like this.

Uhhh capitalism??????

If you start a business, no matter what it is, how much you make doesn't mean anything....... you should be able to make as much as you can.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

QFT
Yeah right.... yall are both crazy.

Not my fault the economy is in the mess its in...... I shouldn't be penalized with non-sense like this for their stupid mistakes.

Find a better way to fix it then crap like this.
It's the banks fault ... &nd in some way we bailed them out anyway .

&nd you supported it ... so whats the problem ?

it would go up a few cents to a couple dollars at most. you guys should really understand the whole situation before adding your opinions.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Uhhh capitalism??????

If you start a business, no matter what it is, how much you make doesn't mean anything....... you should be able to make as much as you can.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Of course you should be able to make as much as you want, but you shouldn't make this amount atthe expense of the little people(us customers). We all know that providing wireless service costs little to the the companies when you turn around and increasethis service to your customer 10 fold there is an issue...
See, these wireless companies, for now, have a fixed market share....ATT, Tmobile, Verizon andSprint are thriving...I know in Canada the 3 major players here will be facing some competition once they open up the market for other companies to jump in. Ina strange way, I see a correlation between this increase and the monopoly the major companies have in the US.....anyone feel this way?

Back
Top Bottom