Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

RIP big homie. .. Didn’t like all his work, but absolutely love the 5s and 2s. This is really wild.

I hope they still release those black/red off-white 4s though, I wonder if Virgil had any talks with Nike about what to do in case this happened. If I was in that situation I would want them to keep releasing my stuff after my departure, but I’m sure it’s all pretty complicated so who knows.

This…

Looking back is always a 20/20 thing but it kind of stands to reason why these 2’s seemed to be as limited as they were…With sizes missing and such…Virgil probably knew this was coming very soon and I wouldn’t doubt that he pushed to get the release out before this day got here…The guy probably knew once he was gone then that would likely be the end of it…Seeing how Nike approached the Kobe situation that is…
The Kobe situation was more of a business issue with Kobe eventually ending the contract and his wife taking care of any negotiation. The off white products feel almost like a subsidiary of Jordan brand, being that they are 90% Jordan products, with some design tweaks here and there from off white. They could continue if they wanted, but it totally comes down to whether they’re willing to or if it supports their business. Like you said, knowing Nike and jb, they prbly care more about profits. This a question for Phil Knight

The Kobe situation was more of a business issue with Kobe eventually ending the contract and his wife taking care of any negotiation. The off white products feel almost like a subsidiary of Jordan brand, being that they are 90% Jordan products, with some design tweaks here and there from off white. They could continue if they wanted, but it totally comes down to whether they’re willing to or if it supports their business. Like you said, knowing Nike and jb, they prbly care more about profits. This a question for Phil Knight
That’s a question for the guy that took, Mark Parker’s place

big fan of Virgils work, his impact beyond sneakers is cemented! here's a few i was able to touch, hope he rests easy and his family finds the strength to cope with his sudden passing. 😔
Screenshot_20211128-142127_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-142117_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-142105_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-142055_Discord.jpg
20190104_084122.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-135818_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-135736_Photos.jpg
20180808_172201.jpg
20180623_160200.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-142038_Discord.jpg

Back
Top Bottom