Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

AirPod and m1 chip didn’t reinvent the wheel for them?

Sure but they built on existing tech (AirPods with BT headphones and M1 chip in terms of the natural evolution of SoC architecture of the A series chipsets). In terms of a completely new product like the iPod, iPhone, and iPad that completely made people rethink those respective categories and how those products are used? Hell no lol

Proof that there are good people in the world:

FFE4B9AA-2CB8-47AE-95D4-F5A20D516DE3.jpeg

Seller left $200-$300 off the table with this sale by shipping. Assuming they aren’t fakes, this is quite the come up for me lol

Sure but they built on existing tech (AirPods with BT headphones and M1 chip in terms of the natural evolution of SoC architecture of the A series chipsets). In terms of a completely new product like the iPod, iPhone, and iPad that completely made people rethink those respective categories and how those products are used? Hell no lol
Anyone recently pick up the M1 MacBook? I’m currently on a 2016 pro with an i7 and it still holds up pretty well. Need an honest review before I make the jump lol

Anyone recently pick up the M1 MacBook? I’m currently on a 2016 pro with an i7 and it still holds up pretty well. Need an honest review before I make the jump lol

Ironically, my gf just got one and loves it haha I would wait for the M2 update though unless you have a pressing need to upgrade. This is especially true if you’re looking at an Air since they’re going to be doing a drastic overhaul next year, like they just did to the Pro.

Ironically, my gf just got one and loves it haha I would wait for the M2 update though unless you have a pressing need to upgrade. This is especially true if you’re looking at an Air since they’re going to be doing a drastic overhaul next year, like they just did to the Pro.
Dang might as well wait it out then. I mean the **** turns on and I can type stuff on it lol. Good enough

Think you missing the point of them having casual appeal bruh.

The original jays were sported off court just as much as on court. Cats got fly in new jays.

Tell me the last time you seen a new jay sported outside in abundance.

New jays, since the 17 TOPS are only for court usage....nobody puttin a fit together in most of these joints.
21 & 23's had had love. 21's even looks like something MJ would've played in

Hi guys I am from Italy. I want to share what happened to me. Back in August I've listed my used OW J5 Sail on Klekt USED (a european StockX/GOAT selling platform, where you can sell your used shoes), shoes were in very good conditions (won by my gf and got for retail price, 225€ - I think 250$), carefully used by me for at most 10 times. My requested sell price was 374€ (423$), and my net payout was 309€ (350$). Last sunday I sold them, then last sadly sunday I knew about Abloh's death. I could have ignored it and not send. I obviously don't need money of these things, because they are things: they can be replaced. I've shipped them, carefully packed, and I am waiting for my payout. It's more important to be honest in this world than anything else. I think this thing is provisional, it's horrible because shows the bad side of the person, earning with death. Market will be rude with these people.
Rest in peace, Virg.

looking at all the previous retro 2's, they really f'ed up the toebox. So glad Virgil and Union are doing the 2's right with the shape. I've always had love for the 2's but they don't look great casually. Funny enough, one of the earlier jordan's I ever bought in junior high school was the Jordan 2 Nu's and baggy jeans was the style. It looked terrible on me lol

I find it funny how the black pair barely moved a needle on the aftermarket but the white pair is more than double its previous aftermarket value.

THIS X1000.

Nike and Jordan Brand simply suck at making any new models. It’s always a flash in the pan type model like all those Flyknit runners, stupid gimmicks like the Joyrides and Adapts, blatant knockoffs like React runners, and Space Hippies, etc. etc. Don’t even get me started on the garbage Jordan Brand puts out with various fusions and flight models (yikes).

My theory is that Nike/JB are kinda like Apple-they used to innovate and create awesome new products like Apple did when Jobs was in charge. Once Apple grew and started printing money, they basically became another big tech company that puts out solid products that people are familiar with instead of taking massive risks and massively investing in creating new products for the market like they used to. Exact same sh*t is happening with Nike/JB and selling retro products.
Performance shoes now are so much better now compared to 1-14. Now, performancewise, J's 1-14 are like bricks. Even the low budget Jordan's of today feel better on foot than retros do.
Funny story my fam who got me into Js is much older than me and still refers to J's as tennis shoes :lol:

Performance shoes now are so much better now compared to 1-14. Now, performancewise, J's 1-14 are like bricks. Even the low budget Jordan's of today feel better on foot than retros do.
Funny story my fam who got me into Js is much older than me and still refers to J's as tennis shoes :lol:
Makes you wonder how the heck mj balled out in those kicks. 11s still hold up

You're 10000000% correct about new performance models being so much better, in terms of feel and performance.

That said, idk why they all look like garbage compared to older models-is it really that hard to design a shoe that can be worn on and off the court without looking absolutely ridiculous? I can't even think of the last mainline Jordan that successfully achieved this-maybe the AJ XXs?

Last edited:
I’m lookin at decons now

Decon are actually pretty nice!! Only thing I didn’t like about them was they painted the midsole cracks easily

Ironically I was upset about missing out on Beach Just Dons and didn't want to pay the aftermarket tax so I bought the tan decons for like $60 from Nike IIRC a few years ago lol Decent quality shoe tbh, even though that specific cw DEFINITELY gives off "poor man's Don C" vibes lmao

Makes you wonder how the heck mj balled out in those kicks. 11s still hold up

AJ 10s are actually super comfortable to play ball in.

I have no idea how dude won a chip in the AJ 6 though (one reason why he is the GOAT lol)... One of my favorite sneakers ever but yikes are they heavy and uncomfortable. It's weird because AJ 7s are actually pretty comfortable, in comparison.

AJ 10s are actually super comfortable to play ball in.

I have no idea how dude won a chip in the AJ 6 though (one reason why he is the GOAT lol)... One of my favorite sneakers ever but yikes are they heavy and uncomfortable. It's weird because AJ 7s are actually pretty comfortable, in comparison.
Yo 10s are super nice. Still hoop in those and the knees stay safe

I sold my Sail 5s about three weeks ago to help fund a pair of the Grim Reaper Blazers. I bought the Blazers on Sunday on GOAT for $710 and the seller confirmed it that night. Just got a cancellation notice today. Why confirm it and wait for three days to cancel it instead of just cancelling it before confirming it? :smh: :smh: :smh:

Now I've bought a pair off eBay. I messaged the seller first to make sure they are going to ship before I bought and they said yes. We'll see if they actually do.

I had been wanting to wear these again for a while now but was too lazy to swap the orange laces from the last time I wore them. I figured today was as good as a time to make the switch.

DF579530-5A72-4939-A05A-5C36EC5F7CEB.jpeg

These came in Sunday. Waiting for another pair that’s been in Stansted GB for almost a week now.

4EAE6E1A-1AA8-4640-A81D-5FF789FE5D4D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom