Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

:lol: I get it, but I’m a sucker for black 2s. Chrome 2s give me nostalgia. Wanted them as a kid and they were on sale, but I couldn’t fit into them. Probably why I kind of like the black OW 2s.

So what’s the question? You love black 2s but want to know if we like black 2s? Why?? Buy what you like. Live your authentic life. Stop caring so much about what random people who don’t matter think. Life is too short for that crap.

So what’s the question? You love black 2s but want to know if we like black 2s? Why?? Buy what you like. Live your authentic life. Stop caring so much about what random people who don’t matter think. Life is too short for that crap.
I should've clarified/been more detailed. I'm not asking how other people view them. I'm more so curious about things like how is the material, fit, how do they feel, how do they look in person (haven't ever seen them in person, only thing I'm apprehensive about is the yellow portion of the midsole).

Trust me, I couldn't care less about how others view sneakers. My favorite sneaker of all time is The Kobe from Adidas just to put things in perspective. If they ever retroed The Kobe II, I'm scooping a pair as well :lol:

I should've clarified/been more detailed. I'm not asking how other people view them. I'm more so curious about things like how is the material, fit, how do they feel, how do they look in person (haven't ever seen them in person, only thing I'm apprehensive about is the yellow portion of the midsole).

Trust me, I couldn't care less about how others view sneakers. My favorite sneaker of all time is The Kobe from Adidas just to put things in perspective. If they ever retroed The Kobe II, I'm scooping a pair as well :lol:
Finally got a chance to see them in person this past weekend. Def not for me but a nice collector's piece if you are into 2's & Virgils, though.

I suggest going to a resell shop that has a pair you can touch/feel before buying.

Ah, gotcha. I’m sick right now so been kind of cranky. I don’t own them but have seen them in person and they looked good on foot. Hope that if you end up getting them you enjoy them.

Ah, gotcha. I’m sick right now so been kind of cranky. I don’t own them but have seen them in person and they looked good on foot. Hope that if you end up getting them you enjoy them.

No worries. I get it. I'll take jopx jopx advice and check them out at a resell shop first. I'm downsizing my collection and basically trading out things I don't wear for shoes I will wear/have always wanted. Trying to be more selective. This was a shoe on my list, so just running down my list and gathering info.

I have 3 pairs of the black OW 2s and the leather is thick but it isn't soft unlike the recent fire red 3s which used a more premium, softer leather.

I was never a fan of the 2s until they came out with the OWs and they are the best 2s to release

1665376846769.jpeg

You know your guy is just here to joke around a lot and poke around for thots/not really fan of posting my opinions because unlike other folks, i dont have an a-hole...

But whomever is at the helm of the Off-White division at Nike needs to jump off a cliff or situate their bed on some train tracks and wait for something cool to happen.

Since the man passed, there's not been one singular release worth acquiring... even a second look.

It's like the team has gone full Radio on their designs.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were a hoard of lezbeans and neo-feminazis at the drawing board and signing off on these recent shoe designs like they're hype. I understand Nike wants to pander and showcase how inclusive they are... but everything has been uber tacky and efforts contrived as hell, even if you can call it "effort" (radical is fine, but there's nothing remotely cool about them; it's too whacky for lack of a gooder term). What they've done was commission a bunch of choads and choadettes who have NO IDEA/how to continue Virgil's legacy appropriately and to do it with finesse/suaveness (but you can't replicate the man and i get it - he was a one off, but why they couldn't piggy back off his influence is beyond me. It wasn't broken but yet they tried to fix/force it and regressed).

Virgil must not only be rolling in his grave, but he's also doing cartwheels and windmills out of sheer frustration.

Cuz if he were around, bet that the black cement 4's would have come to release fruition and we'd get some really swaggy designs/releases. Off White has so much at their disposal and can create some timeless gems/collabos that would be at the pinnacle of Nike street/athleisure wear
and yet they throw it away on some banshee *** releases.

GraveWavyGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom