Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Goat still has my pair been 3 days. I'm wondering if it's just a glitch that it says its at goat warehouse and are maybe waiting for the sellers shipment.

Got my package from StockX today!! Ive wanted a pair of Off Whites since the very first drop - especially the AJ1. You can definitely tell the shoes were inspected by StockX. The insoles were removed and put back in and the orange laces were unraveled. The only thing that threw me off was the Air Jordan stamp on each side. Some pairs Ive seen online look to have the stamp deeper in the leather, and mine wasn't really. From looking at other size 10s online they look the same. Might be a size thing? Ill be posting these joints again when I rock on feet!!! lol. So happy bros the wait is over!!! Cost me some bread but YOLO!!
IMG_3400.jpg
IMG_3401.jpg
IMG_3402.jpg

I feel like StockX bought pairs while they were low, which made the price climb. Now that they`ve received them, they`re selling them off at a great profit margin and without any fees.

Company wins, sellers win, some buyers lost if they`re late in buying and some buyers won if they were able to get a pair when they were cheaper.

I also feel like Stockx SAYS the seller cancelled, they actually receive the pair, then sell off when the price jumps.

These are all the things i would have done if i were them.................Being perfectly honest.

But remember you must be a loyal soldier and not opt to make an extra hundred or three if the price jumps before you ship

I feel like StockX bought pairs while they were low, which made the price climb. Now that they`ve received them, they`re selling them off at a great profit margin and without any fees.

Company wins, sellers win, some buyers lost if they`re late in buying and some buyers won if they were able to get a pair when they were cheaper.

I also feel like Stockx SAYS the seller cancelled, they actually receive the pair, then sell off when the price jumps.

These are all the things i would have done if i were them.................Being perfectly honest.

They absolutely do. These broke boys gotta sell now. StockX ain't stupid. So they start buying up cheap *** pairs and then list them once price comes back. End of story.

These companies get audited...... this isn’t your homeboy on Facebook.....

Really.....Who is auditing the 100(estimated) fake pairs they moved to buyers? You, the FBI, the CIA, the MF'n President?!?!?.... They are in the perfect spot to wash fakes. Anyone complains they say "no problem. Return and buy a different one." We aren't talking every single pair. However a conservative estimate is probably easily in 10-15% of the shoes they move. They send out a legit one. This isnt Matlock...

Last edited by a moderator:
They absolutely do. These broke boys gotta sell now. StockX ain't stupid. So they start buying up cheap *** pairs and then list them once price comes back. End of story.

Really.....Who is auditing the 100 fake pairs they moved to buyers? You, the FBI, the CIA, the MF'n President?!?!?.... They are in the perfect spot to wash fakes. Anyone complains they say "no problem. Return and buy a different one." We aren't talking every single pair. However a conservative estimate is probably easily in 10-15% of the shoes they move. They send out a legit one. This isnt Matlock...

im pretty sure they have internal controls in place.

Audited??? By who? They`re not a financial institution and any audit of them would solely consist of how their money is being made.

They are no different than flight club and have the ability AND option to purchase as much as they like. They are all legal transactions and there are no rules or regulations keeping them from doing it.

Its not a conspiracy, its logic.

Exactly, if they were to do that... it’s not illegal. Sellers getting paid and “buyer” receiving goods

IIf They were doing not a lot of sense they can just open up a store and do that plus they really not making a lot of money off of a Couple of hype shoes THATS WHY THEY CHARGE CERTAIN PERCENTAGE OF EVERY SELL AND SHIPPING AND THATS HOW THEY MAKE THERE MONEY FROM EVERY SHOE NOT JUST HYPE MAYBE SOME EMPLOYESSMIGHT DO THAT BUT STILL MIGHT BE AGAINST GUIDE LINES HOW ABOUT WE JUST ASK THEM STRAIGHT UP?

IIf They were doing not a lot of sense they can just open up a store and do that plus they really not making a lot of money off of a Couple of hype shoes THATS WHY THEY CHARGE CERTAIN PERCENTAGE OF EVERY SELL AND SHIPPING AND THATS HOW THEY MAKE THERE MONEY FROM EVERY SHOE NOT JUST HYPE MAYBE SOME EMPLOYESSMIGHT DO THAT BUT STILL MIGHT BE AGAINST GUIDE LINES HOW ABOUT WE JUST ASK THEM STRAIGHT UP?

Why limit yourself to a physical store if the MAIN feature of your business is the ability to buy and sell via an app on your phone?

StockX is nothing but a middle man service. There are no federal or state guidelines as to how the middle man service is supposed to be run..........They CANNOT stop them from purchasing products themselves, no matter what it is they do with the product after they purchase it.

Its more than just a few hyped shoes homie, I dont think you realize the volume they do on a daily basis.........so this convo is over, because clearly you`re clueless to how things really work.

Buy a million shoes and sell all of them for $10 more than what you paid, you made $10 million. Profit is profit. They do thousands of sales on a daily basis..............they`re already getting $ for taking fees from the seller, THEN, they keep them for a few months, price goes up $50-$100, sell them (with no fees) with even more profit.

Gotta have a business mind to think like that i guess. Carry on..

Why limit yourself to a physical store if the MAIN feature of your business is the ability to buy and sell via an app on your phone?

StockX is nothing but a middle man service. There are no federal or state guidelines as to how the middle man service is supposed to be run..........They CANNOT stop them from purchasing products themselves, no matter what it is they do with the product after they purchase it.

Its more than just a few hyped shoes homie, I dont think you realize the volume they do on a daily basis.........so this convo is over, because clearly you`re clueless to how things really work.
You act like you work there ... and all company’s have rules LIKE NIKE but this been over since you can’t think out the box and you are desperately trying to prove your point meh any ways you got boring already bye sucker

Audited??? By who? They`re not a financial institution and any audit of them would solely consist of how their money is being made.

They are no different than flight club and have the ability AND option to purchase as much as they like. They are all legal transactions and there are no rules or regulations keeping them from doing it.

Its not a conspiracy, its logic.

If they have financial statements that must be presented to banks, people who gave them loans or employees the numbers have to be correct including income.... if that was the case maybe Nike, footlocker and flight club must be selling fakes.... wouldn’t those companies stand to benefit from fake shoes more than them since they get the entire cost and not a percentage.......

Buy a million shoes and sell all of them for $10 more than what you paid, you made $10 million. Profit is profit. They do thousands of sales on a daily basis..............they`re already getting $ for taking fees from the seller, THEN, they keep them for a few months, price goes up $50-$100, sell them (with no fees) with even more profit.

Gotta have a business mind to think like that i guess. Carry on..
:rofl:
all i gotta say

I'll chime in on this to put it to bed. As someone who worked for one of the companies that a lot of ppl buy resell shoes from, you bet your *** they buy shoes hold and then sell later.

They might say that they are buying up inventory to make it faster to ship to seller or expedite the process for you to get the shoes, but they are buying shoes, holding and then selling them to you themselves. Shoes ship out immediately and they get the fee twice. If they happen to go up in value in the mean time that's a win-win. Don't believe me? That's fine, I've seen stacks and stacks of shoes in "inventory" from returns or straight up purchases by the company.

It would be idiotic to not capitalize on this. There are no rules against it cuz they're a middle man service. They preach that you will never know who you are buying from or selling to, to prevent extra hassle etc. They're not monopolizing the market cuz the buyers set the market when they click purchase, not the sellers. You want prices to drop? Don't buy it at the current price, how do you think sales happen for retail stores?

Thank you all for playing have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom