Offical All Star Reserves Thread

Coaches vote for the reserves and they know how hard winning is in the NBA.  Love will be playing on a team with 40 losses come All-Star break so I understand why he wasn't selected.
Because he's the coach and the general manager, and he put together and instructs that 40-loss team, right?

It's directly his fault, so he should be punished by not being selected. That's what that says to me.

Coaches vote for the reserves and they know how hard winning is in the NBA.  Love will be playing on a team with 40 losses come All-Star break so I understand why he wasn't selected.
Because he's the coach and the general manager, and he put together and instructs that 40-loss team, right?

It's directly his fault, so he should be punished by not being selected. That's what that says to me.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

All-Star weekend = Griffin Observatory.
pimp.gif

So I guess this means no rook/soph game for BEAST Griffin. That's cool since he'll be pwning the dunk contest too.
r1z8ex.gif

Hope Love or L.A. replace Yao.
grin.gif

LOVE!!

Originally Posted by DTruth07

K.Love better be the replacement for Yao

Agreed.

The Kevin Love snub, and the lifetime achievement award selection for Tim Duncan are the only gripes I have with the All Star reserves.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

K.Love better be the replacement for Yao

Agreed.

The Kevin Love snub, and the lifetime achievement award selection for Tim Duncan are the only gripes I have with the All Star reserves.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I'm not saying it's right, but that's just the way it is.  Victories are equated to coaches decision when they fill out their ballots.  Same reason why Monta wasn't considered.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I don't get why team record matters. It's an all star game not best players on best teams game. Another reason why the all star game is a joke.
Exactly.

This %+$% is the worst man.

The people arguing for Timmy to be in got some nerve.
30t6p3b.gif

So if a team goes let's say, 40-8 at the break and all the starters + the 6th man are chipping in 14 ppg apiece, should all six of those players go to the all star game?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This game looks wack on paper.

K-Love being snubbed and Duncan making it over a # of other bigs in the West is the only thing that really bothers me.

Just goes to show how much they value winning I guess.
I don't see how you could put Nash over Love tho, West already has good amount of guards

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I'm not saying it's right, but that's just the way it is.  Victories are equated to coaches decision when they fill out their ballots.  Same reason why Monta wasn't considered.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I don't get why team record matters. It's an all star game not best players on best teams game. Another reason why the all star game is a joke.
Exactly.

This %+$% is the worst man.

The people arguing for Timmy to be in got some nerve.
30t6p3b.gif

So if a team goes let's say, 40-8 at the break and all the starters + the 6th man are chipping in 14 ppg apiece, should all six of those players go to the all star game?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This game looks wack on paper.

K-Love being snubbed and Duncan making it over a # of other bigs in the West is the only thing that really bothers me.

Just goes to show how much they value winning I guess.
I don't see how you could put Nash over Love tho, West already has good amount of guards

Andre Miller on Blake Griffin's selection: "I'm not a hater. But he hasn't made anyone better. They are giving young guys too much respect''

Andre Miller on Blake Griffin's selection: "I'm not a hater. But he hasn't made anyone better. They are giving young guys too much respect''

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

15 players on each team and this problem is fixed for sure.

i agree w this.
Love, LaMarcus, and Z-Bo are all deserving. and maybe Lamar instead of Timmy. But Monta, Eric Gordon, Kevin Martin, Nash, Scola, Gay, D West all have cases to.

JSmoove, Booz would probably be the only worthy additions on the east roster. No qualms with any of the selections on the east roster thogh. 

i agree w this.
Love, LaMarcus, and Z-Bo are all deserving. and maybe Lamar instead of Timmy. But Monta, Eric Gordon, Kevin Martin, Nash, Scola, Gay, D West all have cases to.

JSmoove, Booz would probably be the only worthy additions on the east roster. No qualms with any of the selections on the east roster thogh. 

There will always be snubs. You could increase it to 15, 20, 25 whatever...

You increase it to 15 and Randolph gets in, then you'll have people saying Danny Granger or David West got snubbed.

There will always be snubs. You could increase it to 15, 20, 25 whatever...

You increase it to 15 and Randolph gets in, then you'll have people saying Danny Granger or David West got snubbed.

@christomasson NBA says it hasn't set an exact timetable when David Stern will name Yao replacement. It's Kevin Love vs. LaMarcus Aldridge for last spot.

Back
Top Bottom