**Offical Getting in Shape/Working Out**

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by bossjulio

^its what NT's for. keep us up to date on ur progress.
oh, i've been running a about a mile-mile 1/2 almost every day for about 2 and a half weeks now and been dieting and cut off all junk food, with some minor lifting with some dumbells i have (thats all i got
smh.gif
), and ive lost about 8 pounds maybe a little more

no sit-ups? haha.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

how much running do you guys suggest if im trying to flatten my stomach/tone it?

id say at least 2-3 miles daily (at least every other day). gradually increase over time of course. if u dont want to do that, add ankle weights to ur running or run with a sweater on. & once u get bored of running id say basketball is a GREAT substitute. the quick changes of pace & direction really get that heart pumping. soccer is 2nd in substitution id say. unless u play in an epl type league or center midfielder then u really arent doing as much running unless u play a full 80-90 minute game.
indifferent.gif

Never give advice again.

whats wrong with running with ankle weights? its tuffer than actual running.

oh, i've been running a about a mile-mile 1/2 almost every day for about 2 and a half weeks now and been dieting and cut off all junk food, with some minor lifting with some dumbells i have (thats all i got
smh.gif

no sit-ups? haha.
nah, i just started doing sit ups about 3 days ago
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

no sit-ups? haha.
nah, i just started doing sit ups about 3 days ago
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

] haha get to work dog. i recommend ab ripper x. it works out all sections of ur abs in about 17 minutes.

Originally Posted by sofly4life88

ankle weights have killed many knees lol

swear? proof/reason/anything that will convince me?
If you dont know that running with ankle weights is bad for you then I would hate to know what your gym routine is like. Go research it yourself.

This has been borthering the hell outta me. I lost about 30 pounds in the last 3 months went from 210 down to 178. The top 4 abs are comin in great. Around thebelly button lower area its all flabby and love handles are still there. How do I get rid of it?

nt fitness guys! i'm trying to develop a fitness plan and here's what i got:
Monday:Arms, Back + 90 mins of cardio
Tuesday:2 90 min cardio sessions
Wednesday:Legs + 90 mins of cardio
Thursday:2 90 min cardio sessions
Friday:Chest,Abs+ 90 mins of cardio
Saturday:90 min of cardio
Sunday:rest.

Am i over doing it or is it an alright plan? I'm a big dude and i'm trying to get focused on losing weight. Any help would be apperciated.

Well, I started my own thread earlier, but i'm hoping to get some good responses here as well...

Well, I finally found a gym worth joining...great price, good hours, everything I need to get myself back into shape...

Only problem is...

I have no idea where to begin...honestly, I don't really know my way around the gym. Weights, Machines, what to do, how to do them...

When I first started workin' out a couple of years back, one of my homeboys worked out with me. Now, he's a fitness nut so I always had help. These days...i'll be going to the gym on my own. If I don't know what i'm doing, it makes me want to leave.

HELP! Any ideas, tips?

P.S. My first day of my membership begins Sat. For you heads that work out on the reg...if I went up to a random cat who was working out alongside myself...would it be rude to ask for help?

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Well, I started my own thread earlier, but i'm hoping to get some good responses here as well...

Well, I finally found a gym worth joining...great price, good hours, everything I need to get myself back into shape...

Only problem is...

I have no idea where to begin...honestly, I don't really know my way around the gym. Weights, Machines, what to do, how to do them...

When I first started workin' out a couple of years back, one of my homeboys worked out with me. Now, he's a fitness nut so I always had help. These days...i'll be going to the gym on my own. If I don't know what i'm doing, it makes me want to leave.

HELP! Any ideas, tips?

P.S. My first day of my membership begins Sat. For you heads that work out on the reg...if I went up to a random cat who was working out alongside myself...would it be rude to ask for help?
most times when joining a gym you get like a personal training session, so you could use that if you have it.

if you dont, you can either figure it out yourself by reading bodybuilding.com and going to the gym at a very low attendance time and just sampling everythingout.

But i would say your best bet is to ask a trainer there to show you around and ask questions, ya they may be dumb, but its important for you to know. combinethat with bodybuilding.com reading and you should be pretty straight.

Originally Posted by Rompe Toto

This has been borthering the hell outta me. I lost about 30 pounds in the last 3 months went from 210 down to 178. The top 4 abs are comin in great. Around the belly button lower area its all flabby and love handles are still there. How do I get rid of it?

just keep doing what your doing bro. you cant spot reduce areas like that, and lower abs/handles are pretty much the last areas that slim down, so keep doingwhat your doing and youll be there with time.

Originally Posted by faulkit28

Am i over doing it or is it an alright plan? I'm a big dude and i'm trying to get focused on losing weight. Any help would be apperciated.
I would say ease up on cardio. Losing weight is a balance of a solid diet and training program. Cut the cardio in half, and no need for dailydouble cardio sessions unless your prepping for a bodybuilding show, and focus more on the diet. In my opinion, i only do 20 mins cardio after a workout andeven that seems like an eternity some times, i couldnt imagine 90 mins

focus on the diet because unless you love cardio, that will become very strenuous and you be as motivated to do it, youll get burnt out

What is a good amount of carbohydrates a day in terms of grams?
I don't want to oversold myself so I'll just say for someone who does a bit of cardio/activity 30-60 minutes a day.

Sorry if the answers to the questions I have have been posted elsewhere but couldn't find concrete answers to them after searching.

1. I've heard that running very early in the morning is most beneficial. True or false? On an empty stomach or is having a quick banana okay?
2. For the past two months I've been lifting (using weight machines) then doing 25-30 minutes of fairly intense cardio. Would alternate between that and just strictly cardio (run, swim) the next day. Is it better to separate cardio and lifting (ie. cardio in morning and just lifting later at night or continue the way I have?)
3. How long does it take before someones weight stabilizes and your body adapts?

I would greatly appreciate the help as someone who isn't as knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.

^There is a HUGE thread in General...

1. true
2. difficult to say as if you run in the morning, have work all day and then lift, I'd wonder how high your energy levels will be. I'd try to knock them out during the same trip.
3. I have no idea what you mean.

Originally Posted by faulkit28

I'm a long way from being an expert, but Christ that seems like a lot of cardio.

I don't even do cardio on my lifting days. 3 days strength training, 3 days cardio, do one of each on alternating days. Mon: Cardio; Tues: Lifting and etc. until you get to Sunday, which is an off day.

What types of cardio are you doing? I don't know, maybe I'm just a slacker but that routine looks insane!

Question to people who take working out "seriously"

Do you guys work 1 muscle 1 time a week? I started doing that recently and idk it just doesn't seem enough
any advice would help

I've been lifting for about 12 years now. I stopped doing the "1 muscle per week" a few years into it. You can get so much more done going other ways.

As always, one of the keys to lifting is changing things up - your weight, your routine, your time spent, etc. So I would not recommend one "super" routine to stick with year round. Plus everyone is different with different goals, height/weight, time, etc. But with that said I highly recommend circuit training combined with high intensity cardio throughout the week. You are gaining muscle, burning fat, and increasing your endurance.

For the people in here who simply do not know where to start, as mentioned earlier by others I would tell you to go to sites like bodybuilding.com or menshealth.com for information. They break it down for you very well, especially for regular dudes who just want to get back into lifting and don't have 3 hours a day to do so. You would be amazed the things you can get done in the gym even if you only have 20 mins every other day.

And lastly the key is to stick with anything you are doing. Results are not going to change overnight. But after several weeks you will see improvement, and then more, and then more. Stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom