Offical Manny Pacquiao VS Oscar De La Hoya Thread. Dec 6th 6pm HBO PPV.

good idea making this thread to get the fanboys of both fighter out of the boxing thread
pimp.gif

LMAO @ the comments from the Pac and DLH fans in here
laugh.gif
I stilldon't see how anyone can hate Manny though
ohwell.gif
He doesn't haveany hatred or arrogance in him. He fights for his country and his hometown has a big poverty population
ohwell.gif
People criticize both fighters for fighting for money and not honor... well,no @%@*, its their %!#$#@% job! It pays the bills! We're in a friggin recession right now, I'll go fight Oscar so he can knock my +@! out so i canpay for my mortgage and add capital for my struggling company
laugh.gif
ThoughI can understand hating the fanboys who probably don't watch boxing if it aint a Manny (or Oscar) fight
laugh.gif
with all their un-realistic predictions and some racism comments (hope weminimize this at least)

I am hoping for a Manny win, but I don't think he will KO Oscar. Like someone mentioned in a different thread, Vargas, Mayorga, Mosley, Hopkins all hitharder than Manny. It took natural middle-light heavyweight Hopkins the 12th round to finally get Oscar with the body shot. Yeah, Manny hits hard andKO's people... but those are guys his size. Oscar too damn big. Don't let that pretty face fool you... dude's got an underrated chin.

Speaking of size and weight, people saying he started at 106 lbs.. Yeah true, but he was 16 when he was 106 lb. I was a scrawny 95 lber at 16 and I now walkat 180
laugh.gif
So to the media making a big deal of his 106-108 lb weight..he was just a kid. Manny is a natural lightweight-jr welterweight now. Yeah Oscar has a size advantage, but its not as bad as people make it to be. He'll probably have a 10lb advantage over Manny come fight night. I think Oscar's reach will bother Manny more than the weight.

Gunna mentioned that Steve Forbes was able to mess up Oscar's face, and Manny who's faster and stronger will probably do the same. But I don'tthink Manny can take punches like Forbes though. Forbes has the better defense and a good chin. Manny's got a good chin, but against 135lb and smallerfighters and he doesn't have the best defense either.

If Manny is smart and will stay with Roach's game plan.. which is fight for 12 rounds and not look for a KO (though Roach is confident for a KO).. Ithink he will win by SD. As long as he throws his combos and not get careless. I'm not expecting the KO... but if Manny does knock Oscar out, i will bevery impressed

If Manny's gets too much of an adrenaline rush and will 'fight' and slug it out with Oscar, Oscar will knock him out with his short left hook. Oscar's got a great jab and he gotta just jab away. He was able to pop Floyd's head back when they fought, and Mosley kept getting tagged withOscar's jab and Shane's back tightened up due to that.. With Nacho in his corner, I expect Oscar to throw counter shots and take advantage ofManny's over zealousness. Realistically, Oscar should win this by KO if he fights exactly how JMM fought Manny. If Oscar abandons his jab again andelects to slug it out... he might lose by split OR knock out Manny

that said. GO MANNY! KOLATAHA NA SI OSCAR! BAYOT KAAYO ANG BUANG!

I dont know much about boxing, but I know enough to know that Manny is a huge underdog.... That said, I'm praying he somehow gets the win lol. FilipinosFTW

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i don't think Oscar wants to fight Margarito
laugh.gif

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that oscar turned out the fight because Margarito is a Mexican..#%@? so was Julio Cesar Chavez..

Manny vs. Margarito
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

laugh.gif

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that oscar turned out the fight because Margarito is a Mexican..#%@? so was Julio Cesar Chavez..

Manny vs. Margarito
pimp.gif

thats almost as bad when dude at work today said " what the hell you talking about man Roy Jones been ducking manny for the longest"

As Saturday gets closer.. I want to order the fight more and more...
laugh.gif
. I don't want to dish out the $50 though..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

As Saturday gets closer.. I want to order the fight more and more...
laugh.gif
. I don't want to dish out the $50 though..
grin.gif

I know how u feel man. $54.95
grin.gif
, 64.95 HD
smh.gif

Manny takes this by majority or unanimous decision. I am trying not to be bias, if thats even possible (im filipino), but from seeing Pac Man fight live(Morales II and III), he has awesome speed that becomes underestimated because of his awkward punching style. He may not be the most disciplined fighter in thering, but his speed will determine this fight. Oscar's kryptonite is figuring out how to deal with opponents that have hand speed and are just much quickerto the punch than he is, as evident by his fights with Pretty Boy, Mosley, and even Forbes. Oscar will take the majority of the early rounds, but I see Mannydominating the later half of the fight IMO. Anyways, MAN-NY MAN-NY MAN-NY!!!!

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

laugh.gif

Manny vs. Margarito
pimp.gif

thats almost as bad when dude at work today said " what the hell you talking about man Roy Jones been ducking manny for the longest"

Get outta here........
roll.gif

And if you really think Antonio vs. Manny will be
pimp.gif
you must be smokingweed, crack, herion and **+@@%! opium all in in one **+@@%! pipe.

Bernard Hopkins has no doubt that Golden Boy colleague Oscar De La Hoya will prevail on Saturday and that Manny Pacquiao's promoters are about to see another of their prized fighters fall, a month after Hopkins comprehensively defeated middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik. "You know what Pacquiao made a mistake at?" Hopkins asked rhetorically. "Or his people? Because he don't call the shots. We know who do. [Pacquiao's promoter] Bob Arum made the same mistake he made with Kelly Pavlik with this fight. Manny Pacquiao gets hit. He has a loosey-goosey defense. He's 100 percent offense. But when you run into a guy that you're fighting in another weight class for the first time, who's not shot … Oscar's way from being shot, trust me. That will make a difference. Top Rank made a gamble. They paid a price a month ago. They gonna pay a big price with their biggest cash cow. Bad year for them.

^ All yall lobster headed N's also doubted Bhop with the Pavlik too. We'll see Saturday night. Lets go Oscar.

why would Oscar fight itty bitty Manny. That like me fighting my little brother

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Bernard Hopkins has no doubt that Golden Boy colleague Oscar De La Hoya will prevail on Saturday and that Manny Pacquiao's promoters are about to see another of their prized fighters fall, a month after Hopkins comprehensively defeated middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik. "You know what Pacquiao made a mistake at?" Hopkins asked rhetorically. "Or his people? Because he don't call the shots. We know who do. [Pacquiao's promoter] Bob Arum made the same mistake he made with Kelly Pavlik with this fight. Manny Pacquiao gets hit. He has a loosey-goosey defense. He's 100 percent offense. But when you run into a guy that you're fighting in another weight class for the first time, who's not shot … ago. They gonna pay a big price with their biggest cash cow. Bad year for them. Oscar's way from being shot, trust me. That will make a difference. Top Rank made a gamble. They paid a price a month

qft

Back
Top Bottom