Offical Manny Pacquiao VS Oscar De La Hoya Thread. Dec 6th 6pm HBO PPV.

I'm a pac fan, but I think DLH will probably win. I wan Pac to win, but he's just too small naturally. I really don't see him hurting DLH likethat, he's taken much harder hits from naturally bigger fighters. If DLH hits him with a hard one, its probably lights out. Pac just got to be busy andhopefully even faster than before, which I think is the only chance he has at beating DLH. This is a mismatch.

i have a take home test this weekend, and I don't care, I'm watching this fight at my cousin's 60 inch LCD
pimp.gif

If you have even 2-3 other friends at least, split this piece so 12.50 a piece or whatnot.. not bad at all.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Bernard Hopkins has no doubt that Golden Boy colleague Oscar De La Hoya will prevail on Saturday and that Manny Pacquiao's promoters are about to see another of their prized fighters fall, a month after Hopkins comprehensively defeated middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik. "You know what Pacquiao made a mistake at?" Hopkins asked rhetorically. "Or his people? Because he don't call the shots. We know who do. [Pacquiao's promoter] Bob Arum made the same mistake he made with Kelly Pavlik with this fight. Manny Pacquiao gets hit. He has a loosey-goosey defense. He's 100 percent offense. But when you run into a guy that you're fighting in another weight class for the first time, who's not shot … Oscar's way from being shot, trust me. That will make a difference. Top Rank made a gamble. They paid a price a month ago. They gonna pay a big price with their biggest cash cow. Bad year for them.

laugh.gif

Is this happening for anyone else...I know they're showing the older fights on Versus but on Versus HD they're showing something completely differentthan what's on regular Versus.

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

As Saturday gets closer.. I want to order the fight more and more...
laugh.gif
. I don't want to dish out the $50 though..
grin.gif

I know how u feel man. $54.95
grin.gif
, 64.95 HD
smh.gif
its cost more to get it in HD?? comcast???

Originally Posted by RasMekPeace

Manny takes this by majority or unanimous decision. I am trying not to be bias, if thats even possible (im filipino), but from seeing Pac Man fight live (Morales II and III), he has awesome speed that becomes underestimated because of his awkward punching style. He may not be the most disciplined fighter in the ring, but his speed will determine this fight. Oscar's kryptonite is figuring out how to deal with opponents that have hand speed and are just much quicker to the punch than he is, as evident by his fights with Pretty Boy, Mosley, and even Forbes. Oscar will take the majority of the early rounds, but I see Manny dominating the later half of the fight IMO. Anyways, MAN-NY MAN-NY MAN-NY!!!!
except that those dudes ducked out after attacking. manny's too dumb to do so. so he will take punches like he always does and he will pay forit

FOR THOSE IN SO CAL.....

Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Please join us for FIGHT NIGHT AT THE MONTALB

I have always been down with DLH since day one. My wife is Mexican and I am Filipino. I just think Pacman has those fast hands DLH use to have about 10 yearsago. Not only do I want my fellow countryman to win, but it will be oh so lovely to tell wfeiy "Nah-Nah-Nah-Nah-Naaaaaah-Nah!.

WATCH THE DE LA HOYA-PACQUIAO WEIGH-IN LIVE

Don't miss all the action when Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquiao weigh-in today at 5:30PM ET/2:30PM PT for their intriguing clash this Saturday, December6th, at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada and televised live on HBO Pay-Per-View.

http://teampilipinas.info...ao-official-weigh-in.html

Ticket-less Tyson offers his two cents to Pacquiao
12/05/2008 | 06:31 PM

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/137751/Ticket-less-Tyson-offers-his-two-cents-to-Pacquiaohttp://www.gmanews.tv/story/137751/Tick ... o-Pacquiao

MANILA, Philippines - The only thing more surprising than Mike Tyson's visit to Manny Pacquiao's training session on Thursday was he didn't have a ticket to the match on Sunday (Saturday, US time).

"I told Mike, 'Are you kidding me?'" Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer, told sports scribes. "But Manny said he'll give Mike four tickets."
icon_biggrin.gif
" title="Very Happy">

Yet another twist in the bizarre career of "Iron Mike".

If he was stripped of the myriad of controversies that bedeviled him throughout his career, Tyson would be remembered for one and one thing only: As one of the best heavyweight boxers of all-time.

And straight-up boxing fans remember more that phase of Tyson's life, one that began when as a 20-year-old, he floored Trevor Berbick in two rounds to become the youngest world heavyweight champion in 1986. At that time, Pacquiao was just a few weeks short of turning eight years old.

Pacquiao would later admit that watching Tyson fight in the late-1980's inspired him to follow in his footsteps.

On Thursday at the IBA Gym in Las Vegas, the last day of Pacquiao's training for his match with Oscar de la Hoya, Tyson - inactive in boxing for the last three years, out of shape and a mere shadow of his old multimillionaire self - met up with Pacquiao - the first true inheritor of the no-holds-barred, devil-may-care style Tyson was always known for.

Although this wasn't the first time Tyson was this up close to Pacquiao, having watched Pacquiao at ringside in a couple of the Pacman's recent matches.

"He gets a little embarrassed when he's around people and he's not fighting anymore," Roach said, referring to Tyson's refusal to talk to reporters. "He doesn't want to get the limelight away from the star of Manny Pacquiao."

Buboy Fernandez, Pacquiao's confidante and assistant trainer, shared to the media the conversation that went on. It was as if the master was in the building.

"Mike said we needed to be active with our head movements and just keep on attacking and attacking," Fernandez said. "If we do that, if we keep Oscar close, we nullify his jab and his left hand. And that's exactly what we've been training all these months."

"It's all sensible stuff," Roach, who once trained Tyson, added. "He just said to be careful moving in straight lines because Oscar has the longer reach."

"It's something we've been working on," Roach assured.

Upon entering the IBA facility and seeing Tyson, Pacquiao approached him, shook his hands and had a photo-op before he went up the ring.

Tyson, who filed for bankruptcy five years ago despite an estimated $300 million in earnings, had clearly become a more ordinary figure. He was garbed in a lavender long-sleeved polo, gray pants and a worn-out pair of leather shoes.

Surrounded by friends and a throng of bodyguards during his prime, Tyson, named one of the greatest heavyweights of all time by Ring Magazine, was with just a single companion.

He told Roach he didn't have tickets to Pacquiao-de la Hoya. Roach couldn't believe it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tyson, according to Roach, dropped by the gym without prior notice.

"He just showed up."

It's a pity to see Tyson sink this low. But it's always a pleasure to be in the company of a boxing god. - GMANews.TV

Manny looked fine, not too dehydrated. Manny said he'll probably gain 5 lbs by tomorrow

Oscar looks like he'll be well over 150 tomorrow

laugh.gif

I think this PPV might have better number than DLH - Mayweather

nerd.gif

Also, Teddy Atlas was on ESPNEWS talking about this fight

pimp.gif

Teddy is the damn man

Back
Top Bottom