Offical Presidential Address thread

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

718stylez wrote:
is it just me or is this speech lacking?

What are you expecting out of the speech?
eyes.gif

My-T.
I think he wants some charismatic speech like in the campaign..but this is not what this is about..

I know right.

Dudes expect every speech to be the Gettysburg address or something
laugh.gif

This is not that kind of speech. Is this your first time watching a President address congress? This is business b.

Alright, now we get to the part of the speech where half the room applauds while the other half simmers...

I loved it during the Bush years, I'm glad it hasn't gone anywhere now...
eyes.gif

I tell my students all the time Science is SERIOUSLY about to be where it's at, even more than it is now cuz he look like he ready to just THROW money atrenewable energy engineering.

And Education....I BEEN saying that
smh.gif
C'mon Obama, let's get it....

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I want Obama to throw the mic on the ground when he's done.

ahaahahahah I was just thinking that ...

pick it up and then just drop it and walk off

I think that's very important to reward Teachers for their successes *me being one*..however..will teachers realize this and try to curve thegrades/scores in order to reach that success? How will they hold teachers accountable for their "curves" if it does happen..

Originally Posted by nnarum

Why not just make renewable energy that is free to everyone... If it's renewable, why can't you give it away and help people out?
indifferent.gif

And this will not happen ever, because of the oil companies and their need to self-preservation...
smh.gif

Renewable energy is not free because you still have to harness and transport that energy. ie building and maintaining wind turbines.

I swear I just heard 90% of my people in the South bust out laughing when Obama mentioned a year of higher education...
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I think that's very important to reward Teachers for their successes *me being one*..however..will teachers realize this and try to curve the grades/scores in order to reach that success? How will they hold teachers accountable for their "curves" if it does happen..

As someone who this doesnt directly effect, I find this a pretty big question; dealing with this type of thing indirectly with job qualifications as an HRprofessional...

718stylez wrote:

eyes.gif

My-T.

i wasn't reffering to his oratory, but the substance. he isn't saying anything new. they are the same talking points from his campaign.usually to hold a joint session of congress you do so to say something big. usually a policy decision. facing this economic crisis i'm afraid obama has notoffered a clear vantage point of where he is going with the banking situation.

smh.gif
all these frauds rising to their feet when he said he doesnt want our kids to inherit a debt they cant pay

ha!
debt is here to stay

Originally Posted by 718stylez

718stylez wrote:

eyes.gif

My-T.

i wasn't reffering to his oratory, but the substance. he isn't saying anything new. they are the same talking points from his campaign. usually to hold a joint session of congress you do so to say something big. usually a policy decision. facing this economic crisis i'm afraid obama has offered a clear vantage point of where he is going with the banking situation.

The fact that he is reiterating what he said during his campaign is important due to the fact that now he is saying it as President and with powerto make these things happen.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

obama throwing out low blows

definitely got em with that "deficit we inherited" remark, this dude is not happy with republicans, i mean the guy seriously tried to be bipartisanwhen he came in but he learned his lesson

edit - obama was like "oh +%!#, i better say 250k and not somethin different"

I hope he makes a statement about dialogue with Iran so he can retract the statement tomorrow after the AIPAC sends their hounds out with calls and e-mails.

Honestly, this speech is uninspired and lacking any concrete solutions. More like throwing out ideas hoping that something sticks.

Back
Top Bottom