Offical Presidential Address thread

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

They are giving Jindal just as much burn as Obama
smh.gif

get this dude out of here and get me a real challenge for my man Obama in 4 years....
well man do you know how obama is going to do in the next 4 years?
the answer is no. anything is possible
and he is a Rhodes Scholar

i find it ironic that Jindal talks about big government spending when Louisiana receives more money from the Federal Gov't than they pay into thegov't.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

TIme that America gets some back bone....
Torturing is your definition of having "backbone?"
Its not the torturing that is "backbone"

Its the fact that America is looked at as soft around the world with such liberal ideals on certain issues

I feel that with certain countries and regimes you have to take the bully approach ( they wont stop doing what they are doing until you smack the !%%+ out of them)
I agree one hundred percent, only I think we have a completely different view of who we need to take the bully approach with. Not in a sense of militarily, or through violence, but financially.
Very very valid point.... Im being harsh with the torture aspect but I feel from a financial and military stand point its time to heat it up.... enough going places breaking their Legos and buying them a new pack. Time to stop funding and helping certain countries.... leave that to Oprah ...we are in our own mess now...

I'm talking about the trillions of dollars that we send Israel yearly that fuels the hatred that extremists use to rile support for their cause. This is what caused 9/11, not blind hatred of America, unwavering support of Israel by America no matter what.

I knew exactly what you were talking about...I was going to type it but I got ol Elmar Fudd sounding Bobby Jindal on my tv distracting me
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
Piyush "Curry Scrotum" Jindal
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]
55th Governor of Louisiana
[/th] [/tr][tr][td] Incumbent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assumed office
January 14, 2008[/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who the hell did that??

i respect his views but his delivery is a bit weird though

jindal sucked *$# LOL ... he will still take down obama in 4 years ... especially when this "stimulus" fails as it most definitely will

Originally Posted by Grand 0ld Party

smh.gif

get this dude out of here and get me a real challenge for my man Obama in 4 years....

you realize bobby jindal was a rhodes scholar, right?

Myron Rolle is a rhodes scholar as well, you do realize that doesnt make him a good Presidential candidate?

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I think that's very important to reward Teachers for their successes *me being one*..however..will teachers realize this and try to curve the grades/scores in order to reach that success? How will they hold teachers accountable for their "curves" if it does happen..

As someone who this doesnt directly effect, I find this a pretty big question; dealing with this type of thing indirectly with job qualifications as an HR professional...
I have heard him say this many times..but he still does not go over how he will hold teachers accountable if there is a flaw in the system for these "incentives" cause it's basically sayin that if your students get higher grades then you will b rewarded with higher pay or somethin along those lines..

Honestly, there will b a lot of teachers that will try to do this without changing their teaching methods to ensure success of their students..they will just curve the grades to make them look better and *Abracadabra...higher pay for me*..i like the idea/concept but it is very flawed..so how will hold teachers accountable? is that the districts responsibility to look over every graded assignment? do teachers have to show good faith and not b crooked? those are the questions that need to b answered..

I think he means higher grades on standardized tests...
Standardized tests don't mean dog crap..they do NOT measure how well a student will do in college at all..they measure HOW WELL a studenttakes a test..our society needs to move away from standardized testing as a whole..they need to focus on teaching students how to apply information to develophigher levels of critical thinkin which is vital to success in our world..honestly i would rather a student who works his/her butt off in the classroom to wantto learn rather than just havin them memorize information to pass a test..

Originally Posted by 718stylez

i find it ironic that Jindal talks about big government spending when Louisiana receives more money from the Federal Gov't than they pay into the gov't.

My whole thought process is let the feds stop pouring $$ into Louisiana, and more importantly, New Orleans. That dude would be l-i-v-i-d. All this governmenthands off talk is great, until it comes down to you in your own backyard. This dude is acting like NOLA just built itself back up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Grand 0ld Party

smh.gif

you realize bobby jindal was a rhodes scholar, right?
laugh.gif
how does that counter anything he said

Jindal doesn't strike me as a credible national figure. i can't see him being a viable contender in the next election. it also doesn't help thathe's the governor of a state that has lacking credentials in many key areas.

I can hear Republicans harp on the same tired points of "less government, less spending" forever, but until theyactually do it, it's going to be nothing more than talk.

They had control of the hill long enough to push through legislation stemming from their talking points, but failed theAmerican people and their party in doing so.

Now it is time for them to sit back and watch, contributing NEW ideas, rather than reverting back to their old ways.

Jindal is a forced to be reckoned with.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

I can hear Republicans harp on the same tired points of "less government, less spending" forever, but until they actually do it, it's going to be nothing more than talk.

They had control of the hill long enough to push through legislation stemming from their talking points, but failed the American people and their party in doing so.

Now it is time for them to sit back and watch, contributing NEW ideas, rather than reverting back to their old ways.

Jindal is a forced to be reckoned with.

Homie, nothing Obama is doing is "NEW". Gov't spending doesn't work.

I supported Bush on ALOT of things, but if there was something he did I hated it was INCREASED spending and Gov't expansion.

One thing that Obama said that I didnt like was the Education. This dude voted against vouchers to send low-socioeconomic children to better schools.

Back
Top Bottom