Official 07-08 La Liga Thread (Barcelona sign Seydou Keita)

Barca overhaul is the word... as I'm sure you already have heard...

Eto and Deco will miss El Clasico too...

ehh.. mediocre half of football to be honest. RM's only shot on target was a Mahamadou Diarra rocket from long range. Heinze playing like a caveman. I hopeSchuster puts in Robinho/Higuain.

Edit: Anddd there is Cannavaro's daily @@# moment. Canna = red card.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

ehh.. mediocre half of football to be honest. RM's only shot on target was a Mahamadou Diarra rocket from long range. Heinze playing like a caveman. I hope Schuster puts in Robinho/Higuain.

Edit: Anddd there is Cannavaro's daily @@# moment. Canna = red card.

smh.gif

after watching the Barca game, this one's making me drowsy...

smh.gif
still tryin to figure out who that C+ commentator is...

penalty (handball) called against Heinze. Way to cap off a terrible night for him.

1-0 Osasuna.

Higuain is the man, from when he was with River Plate I knew he would well be on his way to being a Madrid great

Higauin is awesome.. he just needs to become a consistent clinical finisher which he has shown glimpses of being in the last 2 games.

Real Madrid = 2007-2008 La Liga Champions.. Asi, Asi.. Asi, gana el Madrid.

Now! to Cibeles!

oh and bring the TiVo out for.. THE PASILLO
pimp.gif

^^ it was also Robben's first and only header goal in his career!

The celebration was great.. Its nice to see every single member of the team: from Raul' to Codina (3rd String Goal Keeper) enjoying themselves, andcelebrating the league. There was no mention of unfinished contract negotations, no rumored end-of-the-season exits, no resentment due to lack of playing time,no frustration due to injury, etc.

pimp.gif
Major Props to Sergio Ramos who wore a shirt paying respect to his former teammate, and friend, Antonio Puerta who passed away earlier this season. R.I.P
laugh.gif
@ Drenthe's hat

Congrats to RM. Barca really needs to make some changes. There's no reason why they're not even really in contention with a lineup like they have.

Osasuna vs. Real Madrid Highlight vid. The vid starts in the 2nd half because the first half was mediocre. Thanks to Horsey on�youtube who�makes the bestReal Madrid�vids.

no prob, here are some other video links

Celebration vid (follows players from Osasuna to the Bus at Cibeles, funny stuff happens:

http://www.cuatro.com/videos/index.html?xref=20080505ctoultnot_4.Ves&view=ver

Short highlight vid of the season:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/especiales/2007/08/liga/madrid_campeon/videos/index.html

The 2nd vid has links that lead to other vids if interested.

News/Rumors

Valencia CF's troubles continue as there is rumor that financial trouble may force the club to sell some of its stars including David Villa, David Silva,and Joaquin.

David Villa has snubbed Tottenham Hotspur in hopes of a Real Madrid move.

Real Madrid have contacted Valencia regarding David Villa's availability. First, Real Madrid offered a cash+player deal featuring Julio Baptista + cash.Valencia turned this down due to Baptista's wages. Then, Real Madrid made a second offer of 20-30 Million + Ruben De La Red or possibly Esteban Granero.Both players are currently at Getafe CF but Real Madrid are planning to bring them back via buy back clause.

According to Sport, Barcelona have entered the David Villa contest.

In addition, they rival Real Madrid for Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Ajax)

Thierry Henry has revealed that he has no plans of leaving Barcelona at the end of the season and insists that he will continue at the Camp Nou.

During Real Madrid's late night celebration.. All the players of the team chanted "Diarra stays, Diarra is not for sale"

Pep Gaurdiola will be the next Coach at FC Barcelona upon Frank Rijkaard's departure.

"Raul told Roman Calderon in the middle of all the madness of this week's celebrations was 'don't change things, don't destroy thisteam.'"

Real Madrid are said to have offered 25 Million Euro + Roberto Soldado for FC Porto's Ricardo Quaresma. Oporto value Quaresma at 40 Million Euro.

Atletico Madrid, and FC Barcelona are currently eyeing a possible Lucho Gonzales (FC Porto) swoop. Personally, I like Lucho, he'd make any team better.Barca consider him a possibe replacement for Deco.

Gabriel Milito (Barcelona) will be out for 6 months due to knee injury.

Christian Poulsen (Sevilla) insists that there has been no talks with Barcelona.

FC Barcelona are rumored to be interested in Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg SV.) The Dutchman was courted by Valencia, and Real Madrid last summer but Hamburgrefused to listen to any offer despite the player's protest and desire to leave for either club. The rejection prompted Real Madrid to sign Wesley Sneijderinstead. Now, Chelsea are also looking at van der Vaart in order to add creativity to the midfield.

Everton, and AS Roma are interested in Valencia's Joaquin.

El Clasico!

Gabby Heinze is eligible to play. Fabio Cannavaro is not due to red card (2 yellow cards) received vs. Osasuna.

Iniesta, and Milito will miss due to injury

Deco, and Eto'o will miss due to card accumulation.

with the title race over, I hope Madrid show up to play... at the same time, no Madrid player wants to lose to Barca... at the same time, Barca's fightingfor the second Champion's League spot, right?

yeah. The title race is over but there is much pride at stake. Especially with Barca expected (its not mandatory but it is tradition) to perform the gaurd ofhonor at the beginning of the match.

My fear is that the players have overcelebrated the championship. Late nights, alcohol, etc. You never want to lose to your main rival, especially at home. Awin here would be like the cherry on top. Also, v.Nistelrooy is back and I believe he will make his debut since injury.

Surely, Barca want the automatic Champions League bid. Villareal would like it as well. So, 2nd place does count. I think with everything you and I pointedout, a draw might be the outcome.

This game better be good.
I think for Real Madrid beating Barcelona after a Pasillo (the second one in history) is the cherry on top of the sundae.

Overall this season was amazing, I could have never imagined the seasons that Espanyol, Valencia, Almeria had. And the way the Copa del Rey tournament went. ..

yes, the guard of honor.. I forgot about that... that'll surely make Barca's blood boil...

tremendous seeing Ruud back...

Back
Top Bottom