Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by h3at23

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Eagles cut WR Kevin Curtis.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
at Jamarcus for Slimming  down to 271

roll.gif

stupid **+ Adam schefter
smh.gif
mad.gif

[h1]Mel Kiper's latest 2010 Big Board[/h1]
This Big Board I know plays second fiddle to the latest (dual) mock draft we posted recently, but there are some important developments.

One is the fall of Anthony Davis, the tremendously talented tackle out of Rutgers. Bottom line, some question marks have popped up on Davis, and he'll need to prove his doubters wrong. Elsewhere, there are four new names on the Board this week -- a pair that have been here before, and two that haven't. Check it out and let the debate, well, continue.
Spoiler [+]
board_bar.png

1.jpg

Ndamukong Suh

DT

6-4

158.gif

Analysis: Explosive, relentless and consistent. Last week: No. 1

2.jpg

Gerald McCoy

DT

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead. Last week: No. 2

3.jpg

Eric Berry

DB

5-11

2633.gif

Analysis: Ultimate playmaker in the Ed Reed mold. Last week: No. 3

4.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5003358#Jimmy Clausen

QB

6-3

87.gif

Analysis: Accurate, under-center experience, competitive and tough. Last week: No. 4

5.jpg

Sam Bradford

QB

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Underrated arm, great feel for position, superaccurate. Last week: No. 5

6.jpg

Derrick Morgan

DE

6-4

59.gif

Analysis: Solid pass-rusher and stout versus the run. Very productive. Last week: No. 6

7.jpg

Russell Okung

OT

6-5

197.gif

Analysis: Athletic, strong and fiery blindside pass-protector. Last week: No. 9

8.jpg

Jason Pierre-Paul

DE

6-5

58.gif

Analysis: Explosive, natural pass-rusher; raw but physically gifted. Last week: No. 7

9.jpg

C.J. Spiller

RB

5-11

228.gif

Analysis: Multitalented, versatile, electrifying game-breaker. Last week: No. 8

10.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5003358#Dez Bryant

WR

6-2

197.gif

Analysis: Dynamic receiver and returner. Draft's best downfield threat. Last week: No. 10

11.jpg

Rolando McClain

LB

6-4

333.gif

Analysis: Fiery, vocal team leader with top instincts for position. Last week: No. 11

12.jpg

Trent Williams

OT

6-5

201.gif

Analysis: Long and strong. Can help immediately at RT. Last week: No. 12

13.jpg

Joe Haden

CB

5-11

57.gif

Analysis: Polished cover corner with tackling ability to match. Last week: No. 13

14.jpg

Dan Williams

DT

6-3

2633.gif

Analysis: High motor, consistent, tremendously powerful lower body. Last week: No. 14

15.jpg

Earl Thomas

S

5-10

251.gif

Analysis: Covers a ton of ground, great in big games. Last week: 15

16.jpg

Brandon Graham

DE

6-2

130.gif

Analysis: Awesome athlete, force off the edge, led nation in TFLs. Last week: No. 16

17.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5003358#Maurkice Pouncey

C/G

6-5

57.gif

Analysis: Athletic, versatile interior lineman. Rising quickly. Last week: No. 17

18.jpg

Sergio Kindle

LB

6-4

251.gif

Analysis: Improved all season; prototype 3-4 OLB in NFL. Last week: No. 18

19.jpg

Bryan Bulaga

OT

6-6

2294.gif

Analysis: A fantastic pass-protecting tackle; long arms, solid feet. Last week: NR

20.jpg

Sean Weatherspoon

LB

6-2

142.gif

Analysis: Tackling machine with very underrated speed for the position. Last week: No. NR

21.jpg

Everson Griffen

DE

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Supremely talented pass-rusher; has added consistency. Last week: No. 19

22.jpg

Devin McCourty

CB

5-11

164.gif

Analysis: Top-end speed, solid cover and ball skills. Last week: No. 20

23.jpg

Arrelious Benn

WR

6-2

356.gif

Analysis: Explosive, physical wideout; strong in return game. Last week: No. 25

24.jpg

Kareem Jackson

CB

6-0

333.gif

Analysis: Physical defensive back with improved cover skills. Last week: NR

25.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5003358#Demaryius Thomas

WR

6-3

59.gif

Analysis: Big, physical wideout; constant home run threat in vertical scheme. Last week: NR

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Pacman jones missed his private workout lol
That's a shock.

"(Jones) has been working out with trainer, who said he has recently added seven pounds, dropped his body fat to 4% and can run the 40-yard dash in 4.2 seconds."

Pro Bowl, here he comes.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Pacman jones missed his private workout lol

Now they are saying he didnt. I was about to say if this was true
smh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Dez Bryant: 'I'm not a bad person'[/h1]

By Keven Lerner South Florida Sun-Sentinel
12:16 p.m. EDT, March 19, 2010

sfl-dez-bryant-nfl-draft-031910

1272524.jpg
There has been much debate about whether the Miami Dolphins should select embattled Oklahoma State star wide receiver Dez Bryant if he's available at No. 12 in next month's NFL Draft.

Regarded as the best receiver in the draft, Bryant (6-2 and 225 pounds)has drawn comparisons to Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans with hissize, speed and athleticism, but concerns about his character haveplagued the wideout.

"All of it is just rumors," Bryant said in an interview Thursday withOrlando Alzugaray of WQAM (560-AM). "I don't know why people are sayingthose things. I feel like if you're going to write something aboutsomebody you need to ask that person instead of writing things likethat. I surround myself with positive people. I don't have time to getinto trouble. I'm trying to pursue my dream, which is to play in the NFL. ... I never did anything wrong. I never committed a crime.

"It bothers me a lot," he said. "I just had a talk with my advisor andmy agent [Wednesday], and I told them that I'm not a bad person and I'mnot used to people saying bad things about me. I like to make peoplesmile. I like to bring excitement because that's what I do, and I wantto keep it that way. I don't want a bad image. My bad image in mychildhood, that is long gone. I've surrounded myself with bright peopleand I'm going to continue to stay out of trouble and move forward andplay in the NFL."

Bryant also dismissed reports that he's shown up late for practices and games.

"I've never been late to a game or a practice. My freshman year, I'vebeen late for a meeting. But as my career got going at Oklahoma State I[became more responsible]. I overcame a lot. Everything is positivenow."

Bryant said he believes much of the criticism he's received stems fromhis suspension for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with formerNFL star Deion Sanders.

"I really do feel like that's when it started," he said. "At the sametime, I manned up for what I did wrong and told the truth. I feel likeI didn't get the credit I deserve. I know God is going to take care ofthe rest. That's Ok, though. That's in the past and I've moved forward.I'm just trying to do something better with my life. I just want tojump on an NFL team and make that team feel great about having me. ...Whoever drafts me they're going to get what they want out of me. I'mgoing to give it my all and play my hardest. I have a real strongpassion for the game. I LOVE football. I'm just ready to get on thefield again."

Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2008, andscored twice on punt returns. Last season, he led the team with 17catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns in three games before beingruled ineligible.
Someone in the draft really really wants Dez's stock to drop.
nerd.gif

[h1]Joey Porter picks the Cardinals[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 19, 2010 6:55 PM ET

Well, here's something for Darnell Dockett to celebrate.

Free agent linebacker Joey Porter has agreed to a three-year contract with the Cardinals, according Darren Urban of the team's official website. 

Porter wrapped up a visit with the ******** Friday, but he's achieved his goal of playing closer to the West Coast.  He should get a starting job with a team that needs to improve its pass rush.

It's questionable how much Porter has left in the tank, and the signing could backfire quickly, especially if the Cardinals gave up major money.  

But the move is already popular in the locker room. Dockett said 12 days ago that Porter is all he wanted for Christmas and he's quickly chimed in on the move:

"BIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDGANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahh ohhhh leeeeettttttssss DOOOO IT!," Dockett tweeted.

JP wont be missed but I thankful for him while he was here

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by JPZx

JPZ you're laughing like Campbell and Brennan are any better
laugh.gif
Campbell's WAYYY better. Any team that has the dinosaur starting for them better have Pro Bowlers at every other position.

Nah man Campbell is terrible.  I've defended him in the past but this year kinda sealed the deal.  Not saying Grossman is gonna start or be any better.  They're all on a pretty crummy level of bad.
Campbell can be good, but i'll agree for the most part. Campbell is not way better either JPZ. No way. In fact, this signing I think almost spells doom for Campbell. Unless he gets this team on a great stretch starting off, Grossman will unseat him real quick.
I'm sure Shanahan has no qualms benching a QB that was brought in by a staff long gone. I also think that after hearing an interview with Grossman that he has no expectationss going into the season and will be relax without any kinds of pressure whatsoever. Campbell feels the pressure and I feel like Grossman will play great in practice/preseason. Doesn't mean much to me, but considering Mike might have a quick trigger, it does.

Brennan will get a shot by the end of the year. Bank on it.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by JPZx

JPZ you're laughing like Campbell and Brennan are any better
laugh.gif
Campbell's WAYYY better. Any team that has the dinosaur starting for them better have Pro Bowlers at every other position.

Nah man Campbell is terrible.  I've defended him in the past but this year kinda sealed the deal.  Not saying Grossman is gonna start or be any better.  They're all on a pretty crummy level of bad.
Campbell can be good, but i'll agree for the most part. Campbell is not way better either JPZ. No way. In fact, this signing I think almost spells doom for Campbell. Unless he gets this team on a great stretch starting off, Grossman will unseat him real quick.
I'm sure Shanahan has no qualms benching a QB that was brought in by a staff long gone. I also think that after hearing an interview with Grossman that he has no expectationss going into the season and will be relax without any kinds of pressure whatsoever. Campbell feels the pressure and I feel like Grossman will play great in practice/preseason. Doesn't mean much to me, but considering Mike might have a quick trigger, it does.

Brennan will get a shot by the end of the year. Bank on it.
laugh.gif

Here is the full list of compensatory picks awarded according to Schefter, with the overall pick next to each:
Round 3

Cincinnati -- 96

Tennessee -- 97

Atlanta -- 98

Round 4

Cincinnati -- 131

Round 5

Pittsburgh -- 164

Atlanta -- 165

Pittsburgh -- 166

Minnesota -- 167

San Diego -- 168

Green Bay -- 169
http://
Round 6

Carolina -- 202

Jacksonville -- 203

Carolina -- 204

New England -- 205

San Francisco -- 206

Tennessee -- 207

Round 7 

Indianapolis -- 240 

Tennessee -- 241 

Pittsburgh -- 242

Philadelphia -- 243

Philadelphia -- 244

Seattle -- 245

Indianapolis -- 246

New England -- 247 

New England -- 248 

Carolina -- 249 

New England -- 250 

Oakland -- 251

Miami -- 252 

Tampa Bay -- 253

St. Louis -- 254
Detroit -- 255

[h1]Holmgren says Cleveland Browns will definitely draft a QB, but probably not in the first couple of rounds[/h1][h4]By Tony Grossi, The Plain Dealer[/h4][h5]March 21, 2010, 11:27PM[/h5]
UPDATED: 8:43 p.m.

holmgrenpsjpg-bd6f617c08ea88b2_large.jpg
Phil Sandlin / Associated PressMikeHolmgren attracted plenty of media attention when he traveled toGainesville, Fla., last week for Florida's pro day workout -- whichfeatured Tim Tebow's reconstructed passing mechanics.ORLANDO,Fla. -- With 12 picks in the April 22-24 NFL draft -- their most since2000 -- the Browns can go in a number of directions in the first yearof the Mike Holmgren-Tom Heckert era.

There is no mystery about one thing. They will draft a quarterback. The president of the team is not shy about saying so.

"It's just something we have to do," Holmgren said as he embarked onhis first NFL owners meetings as president of the Browns. "Why wait?I'm 61. I don't want to wait for anyone. We're going to have to dothis."

tebowgwgmctjpg-b5bf2ae884727646_medium.jpg
Gary W. Green / Orlando SentinelWhilesome national NFL analysts are suggesting the Browns might make a movein the draft to take Florida's Tim Tebow, Mike Holmgren suggestsotherwise. “There are areas of the football team that we really have tohelp — the secondary, offensive line — to get the team better," hesaid. "This year it would be pretty hard to use the second [round] pickto get a quarterback. It would be pretty hard for me."

HOLMGREN'S QB DRAFT RECORD
In17 years as a coach with Green Bay and Seattle, Browns President MikeHolmgren was involved in the drafting of 11 quarterbacks. None wastaken higher than the third round.

At Green Bay: 1992, Ty Detmer, Brigham Young, ninth round; 1993, Mark Brunell, Washington, fifth; 1995, Jay Barker, Alabama, fifth; 1996, Kyle Wachholtz, Southern Cal, seventh; 1997, Ronnie McAda, Army, seventh; 1998, Matt Hasselbeck, Boston College, sixth.

At Seattle: 1999, Brock Huard, Washington, third; 2001, Josh Booty, Louisiana State, sixth; 2002, Jeff Kelly, Southern Mississippi, seventh; 2003, Seneca Wallace, Iowa State, fourth; 2005, David Greene, Georgia, third.
Tony GrossiHolmgrenhas stated several times his belief that the NFL is, more than ever, aquarterback-driven league and that the quarterback is the mostimportant player in the organization. He already has overhauled theteam's quarterback roster by bringing in Jake Delhomme and SenecaWallace and parting ways with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson.

But he knows the Browns aren't going anywhere, aren't turning the corner, until they find a young franchise quarterback.

"I think Jake will make us better right away. But we have to find the next guy. That's what we have to do," he said.

Holmgren likes Sam Bradford of Oklahoma, but believes St. Louis willmake him the No. 1 pick of the draft. Although he said he wouldconsider trading up for Bradford, he knows it's not realistic.

As for the second-ranked quarterback in the draft, Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame, Holmgren was characteristically honest.

"I wish I liked him more," he said. "You know how you have a type ofplayer that you like? It's not scientific. People like him a lot. He'llgo high. But it would be hard for me [to take him]."

Holmgren does like Tim Tebow of Florida, despite reservations abouthis throwing mechanics, and has invited him to a future private visit.He intends to do that with "four or five" quarterbacks before thedraft.

"But, here's the dilemma," he said. "There are areas of the footballteam that we really have to help -- the secondary, offensive line -- toget the team better. This year it would be pretty hard to use thesecond [round] pick to get a quarterback. It would be pretty hard forme.

"Next year might be easier. We've got [three picks in the thirdround and four in the fifth round] going for us. But I'd have to haveanother second-round pick [to take a quarterback in the second round]."

So more than likely, Holmgren will scour the passers in the nextrung after Bradford and Clausen and choose one anytime after theBrowns' first two picks. A trade-up into the mid- to low-second roundis possible.

Considering his reputation as a quarterback guru, it might surprisesome to know that in 17 seasons as a head coach in Green Bay andSeattle, Holmgren never drafted a quarterback in the first or secondround.

In Green Bay, Holmgren had the benefit of coaching the sport'sall-time QB iron man, Brett Favre. In seven years, Favre never missed agame and took the Packers to two Super Bowls and a regular-seasonrecord of 84-42. But Holmgren was always on the lookout for youngquarterbacks. He and General Manager Ron Wolf drafted a quarterback sixtimes in Holmgren's seven seasons.

"We were [always] drafting later," Holmgren said. "Usually if it's afranchise quarterback, you're going to have to make that decision inthe first 10 picks, probably, to get the guy you really covet. Onceyou're not drafting up in there, unless you're willing to trade to getup in there, you have to kind of look at it differently.

"What we did was say, 'OK, we're going to draft later. Let's do ourhomework and if we see a guy we like and we think we can develop, takehim.' And it worked pretty well."

Three of the six quarterbacks Wolf and Holmgren drafted went on tobe long-time starters with other teams -- Ty Detmer (ninth round), MarkBrunell (fifth) and Matt Hasselbeck (sixth).

When Holmgren left Green Bay to be Seattle's coach and general manager, he later traded for Hasselbeck.

Holmgren's record choosing quarterbacks in Seattle was not as good.He drafted one in four of his first five seasons in Seattle. Nonebecame a starter and the only one still playing is Wallace, now withthe Browns.

He is a former coach who believes taking a flier on a quarterback inthe sixth round is more prudent than drafting a player destined for acareer on special teams.

"Why not?" Holmgren said. "I haven't talked to Heckert about itspecifically. But I think it's a good idea. Certainly this year. We'vegot 12 picks. Goodness gracious, if we don't pop early, why not? Solet's do our research.

"If we don't get the guy we decide we really want, now we go to PlanB and try to get the next guy we try to develop. If you believe that [aplayer has potential], we take him. If he doesn't get there, we do thesame thing next year. The same thing in two years. But we keep doingit."

Unless something unexpected happens, the Browns probably won't findtheir franchise quarterback in this draft. But it won't be from lack oftrying.

I heard Clayton talkin the other day sayin maybe the Browns got these extra picks to package up and move up to #1 to take Bradford.  Not sure if he just makin that up or if he heard somethin from someone. 

Holmgren sure seems to be doin a lot of talkin in this draft.  Saying he doesn't like Claussen, might take a guy late in the draft etc etc, smoke screens? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom