**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

happy.gif

denver has been amateur hour from the beginning. if donnie gets fired because melo caves and signs that extension i'm taking a nice break from the knicks.

and and SAS should go jump off a cliff

they aren't serious. they have been calling melo's bluff the entire time. They don't want the nets or knicks to say yes. They think melo will cave in and take the money out of fear of the new CBA. even though it's ridiculous, because the league won't allow a player like rudy gay to make more money than melo, deron, and howard.

straight up care tactics and i promise CAA is helping so they can get their cut

if melo signs the extension without a trade clause they can trade him wherever they want if he starts to sulk and pout

Was this posted? I trust Hahn.

Source: 'The Nets Are Out' Of Carmelo Talks

Feb 17, 2011 08:50 AM EST

Reports have surfaced that the Nuggets and Nets are talking again about a trade to send Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey.

But a source with knowledge of the situation tells Alan Hahn of Newsday that the Nets reemergence is not genuine.

"The Nets are out," the source said.

Hahn writes that the Knicks are not confident that Denver actually knows what it wants from a deal for Anthony and offers his opinion that it is "amateur hour" in the Nuggets' front office.

Via Newsday

Denver really is calling Melo's bluff. Hope those idiots get nothing and we just sign him in free agency.

the most important part is that melo understands that the nuggets have been screwing with him and the knicks the entire time. if he thinks the knicks said no to a deal of just randolph and gallanari or something like that, then there is a problem.

no matter how it ends, denver's novice front office alienated alot of other executives around the league. all the leaks are not a good look for them.

LOL how they go from not getting a deal done on the previous deal that they requested.
(3 Starters and AR, pick or whatever it was) then now ask for MORE? Like it doesn't make sense @ all.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Expect trades to go down after the weekend. Don't take any rumors from now until Sunday serious.

With it being all star weekend, the rumor are going to get even more out of hand. If that's even possible.

Alan Hahn-

-Dolan not presuring Walsh. I write for newsday, I'm not just saying that
- can't expect anything dramatic to happen until tuesday

roll.gif
@ what they're "demanding" Somebody needs to slap the greed out of that Nigerian's mouth.

I also think he said walsh will not be in LA. not sure if i heard that correctly.

but at least we have amare to talk to melo all weekend

Melo isn't a dumb guy..He knows his value and he wouldn't believe a rumor that the Nuggets offered the Knicks Melo and Billups for Raymond Felton and a pair of Amar'e Huarache PE's and the Knicks turned down the offer...Carmelo knows the Nuggets are making ridiculous offers and he wants to come to NYC to eventually win a title, not because he thinks NYC is a cool place to live..And this whole money situation never made sense to me..They act like the new CBA is gonna cut his possible contract from 65 mil for 3 years to 10 mil for 3 years..Even though his new contract in free agency could potentially be 10-15 million less, he'll make up for that in endorsements...Carmelo is one of the best players in the league and he has ONE major endorsement (Jordan Brand)..You don't think his endorsements will triple if he comes to the biggest city in the United States?

Originally Posted by DubA169

I also think he said walsh will not be in LA. not sure if i heard that correctly.

but at least we have amare to talk to melo all weekend
Walsh will not be there, but Dolan will be there for the owners meeting. welp

This is ridiculous right now.

It's starting to look like we will have to wait it out til the summer.

Walsh is boss though. He not jumping through loops to make nothing happen. He knows what he's willing to part with and if the Nuggets can't agree to it, then we'll see you in the summer.
laugh.gif

If Melo doesn't get trade though, I feel he will start to play like doo-doo for the rest of the season to make sure the Nuggets don't make the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

This is ridiculous right now.

It's starting to look like we will have to wait it out til the summer.

Walsh is boss though. He not jumping through loops to make nothing happen. He knows what he's willing to part with and if the Nuggets can't agree to it, then we'll see you in the summer.
laugh.gif

If Melo doesn't get trade though, I feel he will start to play like doo-doo for the rest of the season to make sure the Nuggets don't make the playoffs.
laugh.gif

I would love to see a trade before the deadline where we can acquire Carmelo and only lose 1-2 starters, but if we have to wait for the summer then I'm all for it..I feel that before the trade talks got heated and names were being thrown into the mix, this team was very competitive and was getting a lot of attention..If we get Carmelo, we can win a first round, or maybe even if we're lucky, a 2nd round playoff series, but this team is definitely not prepared to make a finals run, with or without Carmelo...So if we don't get him this season, we're essentially not losing much because we're still a few pieces away from a Finals appearance..Walsh is a smart dude..He knows what he's doing

Back
Top Bottom