**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Ian_OConnor Ian O'Connor
Understand this: if the Knicks didn't get Melo now, they were never getting him. He told the Knicks he had to get that 65 mil from someone

reason we got raped. dolan isn't the main reason we got screwed. he just helped

i also read something about us getting a twolves pick, doubt it's true. did anybody hear that

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

No more double teams for STAT.
pimp.gif

This is what I am most excited about.
GYI0059195128_crop_450x500.jpg
sk20101219a1a.jpg

Man I laugh at anyone that was against this deal. gallo has the iq of a gnat and mosgov is atleast 2 years away from being decent.

Oh god I can only imagine the bandwagoners soon enough.

how many more will you guys expect to come back to the game threads and others come outta no where?

Most of all I wish raymond the most luck man, I still feel like even he felt he was about to turn a corner in his career and BOOM its a wrap.

I wish every one of our former team members nothing but better from here on out.

yeah that's what i'm extremely nervous about. teams know that if it comes down to it, walsh can be undermined. they don't have to negotiate directly with him

that is if he even stays

donnie got us in this position, he should be extended. i need to see the press confrence and gauge his reaction. i would be okay if wark took over in a few years

The Nets are a garbage offensive team. If they get Gallo he won't be scoring like he did on the Knicks bc he won't just be standing around waiting for the ball. And with a team that doesn't have many offensive weapons, he'll get more attention from the opposing defense. Same goes for Chandler. Mozgov might fit into their system because he's a half court guy. Felton may also work bc he was in a slow system under Larry Brown. So my assumption is the Nets go after Felton/Mozgov

^

Like the protest to get rid of Scott Layden
laugh.gif

Candace Parker at MSG for games tho
Only if she finally clips that wack %*@ baby hair.

Well, the downslide to all this...

It's gonna be damn near impossible to get a good ticket for a game.
sick.gif
It's already tough, just imagine the prices at the box-office and stubhub.

I feel bad for Gallinari and Chandler. They have to play with Al Harrington again.
30t6p3b.gif

whoever is saying we have 15 players, it doesnt matter. anthony carter is gonna get cut if it means getting barron

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Good for the Knicks man. Good for the city too. Should be interesting... See ya'll Sunday.
devil.gif

YES!
pimp.gif

Lets Go Heat!

Once they took out Crawford from the Knicks, My heart NEVER been the same 
mad.gif

So this is what we're looking at right now.
Our 2011 Books

18.5 Melo

18.2 Amar'e

14.2 Chauncey (Team Option)

4.4 Ronny Turiaf

1.7 Renaldo Balkman

1.1 Toney Douglas

900k Bill Walker

800k Fields

800k Rautins

= 60.6 ~ the expected cap

Expiring/Cost to re-sign

~5 Brewer

~4 Azubuike

~ 1.4 Anthony Carter

~1 Shawne Williams

~1 Shelden Williams

~0 Roger Mason

We should have the MLE thanks to Billups. And we're still in the same place we were for those wanting to sign a max player in 2012...

Our 2012 books

20.0 Amar'e

19.5 Melo

2 Toney Douglas

?1 Fields

?1 Shawne Williams

=46.5 ... unless cap rules change, that could be enough for a max '04 player.

That doesn't include filling out the roster, who we sign with the MLE, whatever big man we settle in on or whoever we draft.

The fact that there are so many options and opportunities for what we can do, is what scares me the most about Isiah Thomas coming back.

im hyped about melo but i just hope donnie stays here... he has done a great job and besides being a fan of amare and melo im a fan of donnie first... he turned this franchise around... please dolan do the right thing and extend his contract!

Originally Posted by you go boy

im hyped about melo but i just hope donnie stays here... he has done a great job and besides being a fan of amare and melo im a fan of donnie first... he turned this franchise around... please dolan do the right thing and extend his contract!
+10000000000000 cool points

man the more and more i think about this, i think donnie is really gone.

this just doesn't seem like a deal he would do. every single report has dolan emasculating him. i don't just think it's fake horror stories. too many reports from too many different people that have no bias saying that dolan took over for it to be fake. sucks

Originally Posted by MrONegative

So this is what we're looking at right now.
Our 2011 Books

18.5 Melo

18.2 Amar'e

14.2 Chauncey (Team Option)

4.4 Ronny Turiaf

1.7 Renaldo Balkman

1.1 Toney Douglas

900k Bill Walker

800k Fields

800k Rautins

= 60.6 ~ the expected cap

Expiring/Cost to re-sign

~5 Brewer

~4 Azubuike

~ 1.4 Anthony Carter

~1 Shawne Williams

~1 Shelden Williams

~0 Roger Mason

We should have the MLE thanks to Billups. And we're still in the same place we were for those wanting to sign a max player in 2012...

Our 2012 books

20.0 Amar'e

19.5 Melo

2 Toney Douglas

?1 Fields

?1 Shawne Williams

=46.5 ... unless cap rules change, that could be enough for a max '04 player.

That doesn't include filling out the roster, who we sign with the MLE, whatever big man we settle in on or whoever we draft.

The fact that there are so many options and opportunities for what we can do, is what scares me the most about Isiah Thomas coming back.

According to Alan Hahn,
Balkman is a $1.6M cap hit for 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons. Not a huge impact, but still an impact.

And I agree with the poster who said Donnie will be leaving.  This just doesn't look like a deal he'd pull the trigger on.  Traded too many players than needed.

Well we should look at

Wilson Chandler (weird, yea i know)
Telfair
Delonte
Dalembert
Pryzbilla (If NJ dont get him)

this summer

I think Donnie will get Barron. It's only right. Carter is not a good enough backup for this Knicks squad. Or any squad really.

I do wish we got a bit more firepower. As much as I tolerated Mozgov, there's only so much room for a project at the 5 in the NBA, much less in the East.

Walsh for Exec of the Year. The man continues to return class, professionalism and saavy to the Garden and has shown exceptional poise and patience.

I never liked Brewer, but he can give us length off the bench. Offensively from what I've seen he leaves more to be desired. Walker and Williams can definitely show what they're made of and anchor the subs. I also think Kelenna should get some burn when he returns to form.

Felton brought back a competitive, tough attitude at PG and best wishes to him. I never thought too highly of Gallo as he's basically a standstill shooter with a shot back to me, but he did good by us when he put the ball on the floor. Chandler was extremely solid and best wishes to him.

^ I didn't count Balkman, because right now he doesn't exist if we're trying to sign a max player or picking between him and Fields+Shawne Williams.

Back
Top Bottom