**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

How are you figuring 18.5 and 19.5 for Melo the next two years? That means he will be paid 27 million dollars in 2013-2014. I don't think the NBA allows "backloading" of that manner.
edit: Found it. 8% is the maximum allowed yearly increase according to current CBA, which is the rules this extension will adhere to. I'll run the numbers real quick. brb. 

edit2: A quick calculation of Melo's extension:

Y1: around 20mm

Y2: around 21.60mm

Y3:  around 23.33 mm

happy.gif

I'm not a big fan of Isiah, but we know that he's not gonna get rid of Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire for sure...

Originally Posted by HankMoody

How are you figuring 18.5 and 19.5 for Melo the next two years? That means he will be paid 27 million dollars in 2013-2014. I don't think the NBA allows "backloading" of that manner.
edit: Found it. 8% is the maximum allowed yearly increase according to current CBA, which is the rules this extension will adhere to. I'll run the numbers real quick. brb. 

Amare's salary was listed and Melo's was plotted out in all those articles about his extension.
Where'd you get 27 from?? He didn't get an $80 mil extension, he got a $65.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Amare's salary was listed and Melo's was plotted out in all those articles about his extension.
Where'd you get 27 from?? He didn't get an $80 mil extension, he got a $65.

18.5 + 19.5 = 38
65-38= 27

You have to pay him 65mm in 3 years. Look at my 2nd edit. I'm very confident the contract will be structured that way. 

Originally Posted by d3simet

I'm not a big fan of Isiah, but we know that he's not gonna get rid of Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire for sure...
Originally Posted by DubA169

man the more and more i think about this, i think donnie is really gone.

this just doesn't seem like a deal he would do. every single report has dolan emasculating him. i don't just think it's fake horror stories. too many reports from too many different people that have no bias saying that dolan took over for it to be fake. sucks

Seriously...my biggest issue is that I don't want history to be rewritten, as if it was Starbury, Steve Francis and Eddy Curry's faults that the Isiah Era went the way it did.
This is all Walsh's work and he deserves to see it through and be the GM with the perennially contender.  He's part of the reason I've watched every single Knicks game this season for the first time in years.

That being said...and now that I look at it...I think this is pretty close to an un-f---upable situation.

We were the team we were, because no star wants to go to a bad team with a GM who bets on bad players. But we already have 2 stars, with at least 2 more franchise players asking to come here. No digging for scraps and getting Howard Eisley or Jerome James. I think our team is bigger and getting even bigger than the things Isiah can do to it.

Don't get me wrong though...He might be the difference between us getting to a title, and being the Mavs.

Isiah never would've traded Jamal or Z-Bo and set this whole thing in motion...but that's already done.

If Donnie does leave, how would Allan Houston figure into the equation? Isnt he the assistant GM?

Dont sleep on Donnie. I think he knows the worth of Melo and what it took to get such a caliber of player.

Guys....

Just peeped ESPN and Melo averaged 20 ppg every season, had 13 game winners in the last 10 seconds, and set a franchise record withh 33 points in a Q.

Gallo, Wilson and Mozgov are definitely afterthoughts at this point. Sucks but we're getting a top 5 talent. 

Think about it. At the F position, we've dealth with guys like Vin Baker, Shandon Anderson, Othella Harrington, Clarence Weatherspoon and the like. A BK bred superstar comes home and ya'll think we gave up too much?

Exactly.

Put it this way...

Donnie doesn't put in work these last 2 seasons...Gallo isn't the first draft pick under his control, we don't clear cap space to give Amare the max, we don't also sign Felton and Mozgov, nor do we draft Fields.

So therefore those pieces that we moved...yeah, they aren't here to be traded for one Carmelo Anthony.

Donnie goes into this with the mentality...he goes nowhere. Unless he chooses to leave on his own, which unfortunately I can see happening.

roll.gif
@ CoolDee and the rest of the new Knicks fans in here.

I can't be excited about acquiring Corey Brewer since like AR I do not recall ever seeing homey play
laugh.gif
Lot of dudes happy to get him but who says Pringles even gives him playing time. I would've preferred Telfair and sending away TD.

I hope we can make another move if possible.

Also gonna stop worrying about Donnie until April and look forward to Wed night
pimp.gif

Corey Brewer, a fourth-year wing who was the No. 7 pick in the 2007 NBA draft, was traded to the New York Knicks on Monday as a part of the Carmelo Anthony blockbuster. The Minnesota Timberwolves sent Brewer to New York in exchange for Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry's expiring contract and $3 million cash, according to reports. But Brewer may not last long in New York.

Howard Beck of the New York Times reports that the Knicks could look to deal Brewer before the NBA trade deadline on Thursday. Beck says that there is a market for Brewer, who will be a restricted free agent at the season's end.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Billups Will Have 11-12 Contract Picked Up By Knicks[/h3]
Feb 21, 2011 23:30 PM EST

Billups_Chauncey_den_091214.jpg

Chauncey Billups, who had a non-guaranteed contract for the 11-12 season, but that deal will not be bought out.

Billups is locked into his $14.2 million contract for the 11-12 season, according to a source.

Because Billups' contract will expire for the 2012 offseason, the Knicks retain the flexibility to acquire a potential free agent such as Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

good looks gabe
pimp.gif
word is we might try to flip brewer, buike, and a pick we supposedly got from minny for chris kaman

They interviewed Gallo today at practice son looked like he would burst out crying any moment. Gallo, Will the thrill will be missed.

This deal had to be done I ain't mad. I just hope we can grab Deron or CP3 when their contract is up.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

good looks gabe
pimp.gif
word is we might try to flip brewer, buike, and a pick we supposedly got from minny for chris kaman
Come on.. stop messin wit me like that.......that would be great

Let me spice it up.. Turiaf-Brewer-Buike-pick for Kaman

Kaman
Amare
Melo
Fields
Billups

I would forgot the trade happened

damn chris kaman? that doesn't sound bad at all... azibuke is almost back to full health and he could help over there. But that might be just heresay

If we give up 2 players, that means we would be under the 15 player max.... earl barron can then play backup.

but how much does kaman make per season? i don't think he's all that cheap.

Not a fan of Chris Kaman. Rather M.Gasol or Pryzbilla. Hell just send Buike to Sac for Dalembert and a pick
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Laker fan here...    but I'm happy for y'all 
pimp.gif

my feelings aswell.

and if u guys dont know who corey brewer is just ask derek fisher
laugh.gif

but you guys should go after dalambert and not kaman. kaman is trash

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

good looks gabe
pimp.gif
Come on.. stop messin wit me like that.......that would be great

Let me spice it up.. Turiaf-Brewer-Buike-pick for Kaman

Kaman
Amare
Melo
Fields
Billups

I would forgot the trade happened

eek.gif
If we could get Kaman.
pimp.gif

Losing Mozgod got me sad though b.

I was rooting for my dude.

I'm probably going to end up rooting for the Nuggets for some reason too.
laugh.gif
George Karl could have them looking right. Good thing being my daughters name is Denver.
glasses.gif

That plus seeing the way ESPN is already pumping Carmelo got me feeling like:

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

good looks gabe
pimp.gif
Come on.. stop messin wit me like that..

that would be great
Shiiiit I'll take Kaman at the 5 any day if hes healthy.
Wouldn't mind Dalembert for a lesser package either. I think both of their contracts are hefty though 

My guy Based Gov 
pimp.gif

frown.gif

I kinda wish they woulda traded Shawne Williams too. Dude don't give a *%*#. He'd know it's Isiah's fault and dude would get bodied.

Back
Top Bottom