Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Can someone rank my team. This is the first time I'm playing so i'm not sure if i did pretty well. Thanks.
316m3ci.jpg

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
Hes weak Hes unsure of himself Hes a coward.
Clark Kent is Supermans critique on the whole human race.
SARTORIALIST

I saw someone pick up Wade in the 2nd round?? He's going to be out for a few weeks. I don't think he's worth a 2nd round for him to be out for that long.
All of my posts are of emoticons.

*Paging (Newly Appointed) Moderator Fanatic15* please sticky this
In Search of MID WEST Regional XIXsize 11

RX45, I see you probably had a first pick, but I'm not sure man, your team looks relatlively weak, Your great players are KG and Wallace, good players are Big Z, AK47, Charlie, and KD, then you have some role players, but man, this is either a really big league, or you just need some help with fantasy NBA, could you post the order you drafted? It's a lot easier to determine how well you did.

Apoc, you have a nice core with Emeka, Nash, Gordon, and Iggy, good guys in Big Z, Charlie, Tyrus, D-fish, but I'm not sure about Josh Childress, he wont' be starting this year, Peja, we have to wait and see, and then Kelenna is good, but how will his PT be wwith Marco Belinelli out there? We'll see, I think you did well, what pick did oyu have?
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs​
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

akanayte:
I saw someone pick up Wade in the 2nd round?? He's going to be out for a few weeks. I don't think he's worth a 2nd round for him to be out for that long.

In 2 live drafts so far... I've managed to stay away from drafting Wade. I just don't like the idea that he's injured to begin the season and I'd rather have someone else than Wade in the 2nd round.

In the 2 live drafts I've been in though... Wade has gone 16th overall and 7th overall. I'm thinking whoever got him with the 7th pick is overvaluing Wade's fantasy value. Give me Garnett, Marion, Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, Kidd, Nash, Gilbert, Duncan, Stoudemire over Wade. As you can see I've listed more than 7 players so why Wade went 7th overall is baffling to me.

But to answer your question, yeah, Wade is 2nd round worthy... even if he's injured.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Somehow, I ended up with Wade on two of my live drafts (which I missed, and had it autopick for me :x
sick.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

Please rate :

10 team league
Not in order drafted

Rajon Rondo
Kevin Martin
Stephen Jackson
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler
LaMarcus Aldridge
David Lee
Andris Biedrins
Luis Scola
Charlie Villueneva
Marco Belinelli
Keep the Sonics in Seattle​

Marco, Scola, and Rondo are all question marks to me. Team seems solid, nothing too spectacular to stand out. Good core with Bosh, Melo, James, not sure how you pulled that one out. 8/10.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs​

thanks for the input, as far as how i pulled out lebron,bosh,carmelo..it was an autodraft if that helps
Keep the Sonics in Seattle​

^ Maybe that autodraft helped. Sometimes in autodrafts, some teams are stacked with a certain position... Looks like you need a PG. Try to find a team with a surplus of PGs and offer a trade proposal.

Yeah, Belinelli isn't expected to start here in Golden State. He's not expected to be the 1st option off the bench to play the 2 either. He's more of the 3rd string guy. Drop him and pick up a player that might have been forgotten about because it was an autopick league.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Charlie Villanueva. Last season he pissed me off constantly because I knew what he was capable of but he was always on the IL. Plus they have Yi there this year. I'm not sure about how that situation will sort itself out... but I advise you to check.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Yeah, Villanueva would've been a mid/late round worthy pick for me if Yi wasn't there.
TEAMSSB
Kirby​

4L8O15S16T23!42​

Can someone rate my team. and tell me what position i should be looking for.
I think I messed up on my draft.
I had 2nd pick in a 10 man league.
I didn't pick them in this order.

Kevin Garnett
Josh Smith
Emeka Okafor
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
Raymond Felton
Al Thornton
Shaq
Nick Collison
Marvin Williams
Andris Biedrins
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Quote:
RX45, I see you probably had a first pick, but I'm not sure man, your team looks relatlively weak, Your great players are KG and Wallace, good players are Big Z, AK47, Charlie, and KD, then you have some role players, but man, this is either a really big league, or you just need some help with fantasy NBA, could you post the order you drafted? It's a lot easier to determine how well you did.

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

It's hard to say who to pick up, I dont' know who's otu there for your league, but some guys I'd like to have other than Finley or Buike are Jason Williams, Ruben Patterson, yeah Kenyon, Damien Wilkins, Ridnour.

It's really hard to say once again who to pick up, not knowing who's out there, Feel me? if you screen capture your FA page, I could take a look at it, but without it, before the season starts, it's not like I can tell who's going to do well other than who did well last year, but rosters change all the time.

NBAftaso, who are you excpecting to get assists from homie? Raymond Felton by himself ain't goin to get it done. You have a team of big men.. :lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS

Just wanted to put this out there... and get some feedback. I'm feeling real good about this team. This is a 12 team league. I had the 8th pick overall and somehow Dirk was still available when it came to me. The lack of steals and assists will probably be my downfall... but I think I'm pretty well-balanced. Tell me what you think.

Yeah my friend in this league added "OREB" as a category so I'm probably screwed in that category as well.

JapanAir21... how's Kyle Lowry looking? Reason I ask you is because I've read somewhere that you were impressed that Lowry got a triple double in preseason. Should I consider picking him up and who should I drop? The homer in me is telling me to hold on Azubuike lol so I'm considering dropping Charlie Bell. The box scores of Milwaukee that I've checked has Mo Williams starting at the 1, Redd obviously starting at the 2, and BOBBY SIMMONS?????? starting at the 3.

Let's assume that I might entertain the idea of dropping Kelenna, who should I pick up? Other notable PGs on the FA:

Jamaal Tinsley
Earl Watson
Chucky Atkins
Jarrett Jack
Brevin Knight
Mike James
Jason Williams
Steve Blake

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
It's hard to say who to pick up, I dont' know who's otu there for your league, but some guys I'd like to have other than Finley or Buike are Jason Williams, Ruben Patterson, yeah Kenyon, Damien Wilkins, Ridnour.

It's really hard to say once again who to pick up, not knowing who's out there, Feel me? if you screen capture your FA page, I could take a look at it, but without it, before the season starts, it's not like I can tell who's going to do well other than who did well last year, but rosters change all the time.
3091zz8.jpg

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
SARTORIALIST

Dirk AND Pau? That's just not fair! :lol:
laugh.gif

God, I thought my team was good with Chandler/Lee/Dalembert/Pau, but Dalembert, Biedrins, Gasol, AND Dirk? :lol:
laugh.gif

In an 11-man league, I'd reconsider Kelenna and Charlie, but that's just me. You think Parker and Marbury will be enough for assists? Your roster man, I think you've listened to me long enough to know what to do now, :lol:
laugh.gif
I'd try to trade Marbury for someone like Andre Miller, but that's just me, or drop Bell or Kelenna for Brevin Knight, expecting big things from him this season.

Mother @#%$, I accidently pressed back and gotta retype all of this.. :lol:
laugh.gif

RX, Kenyon, Harpring, Calderon, Rasual Butler, all look intruiging, but it all depends on what you need most man. You're in dire need of three point shooting, Harping would give you that, but it'd require you to drop someone else (either Charlie or Buike or Ridnour), and I don't know if your willing to give any of them up. Kenyon would be nice for FG% and rebounding, but oyu don't really need that. Calderon would be logical if you want a little bit of both 3PT and assists, but his PT COULD be sparse because of TJ Ford, all depends on how much PT he gets.

Yeah, I had to re-edit everything because I accidently erased everything and had to retype all of this.. >:
mad.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
ing PG for the Heat, he's shown improvement in the offseason, he's one of the higher ranked PG's I'd consider picking up, not only because he can pass the ball, but he can steal and shoot the three.

Narrowing it down to three, Brevin, Jamaal, or Jason Williams. Throw Kyle Lowry into the mix too though, it's really up to you. If you want pure assists, go for Brevin, if you want a little bit of scoring (which might lower your FG%), go for Jamaal, if you want a three point shooter, Jamaal and Jason both shoot the three, if you want a little bit of everything, go for Jason Williams or Kyle Lowry. Kyle Lowry is in an tough spot though, there's so much talent in the 1-3 spot that it's hard to dictate how much PT he will get. I mean you have Damon Stoudamire ( :smh:
smh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS

^ JapanAir21 :D
happy.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Is AK-47 a good pick at number 66 in a 10 ten team league? He had a disappointing year last but supposedly he cleared the air with Jerry Sloan so I am expecting him to be his usual self this year.
TEAM EAGLES
Andrews - Baskett - Brown - Brown - Bunkley - Cole - Considine - Curtis - Dawkins - Gaither - Gocong - Herremans​
Howard - Jackson - Kearse - McNabb - Patterson - Runyan - Sheppard - Spikes - Tapeh - Thomas - Westbrook​

Paul I re-edited my post before your last one, check it out, I left out Anthony Parker just because the sole fact that I forgot you mentioned him, so I'll do it now :lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS

I would definitely take AK with the 66th pick, he wouldn't be much worse than someone else drafted in the same area and his upside is huge. But I couldn't say for sure without knowing who else is available.

As far as Kyle Lowry goes, his triple double in preseason means nothing. NBA preseason is worthless, and usually the guys who do more, do less in the regular season. You couldn't pay me to take any Grizzlies PGs unless it's a 14 man league or the last round of the draft. Kinsey, Lowry, Damon and the pressure to play Conley will make that situation a nightmare. Plus JCN is coming into the backcourt as well. Sure, it could work out, but why risk it when you can get someone else who is more of a sure thing.
808. PERIOD.

20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

What do you guys think of my team?? I had the 7th pick in a 12 man draft
TEAM XBOX360
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

can someone rate my team. i had the 4th pick. 10 man league.

PG Joe Johnson
SG Desmond Mason
G Deron Williams
SF David Lee
F Dirk Nowitzki
PF Chris Bosh
C Emeka Okafor
C Eddy Curry
Util Zach Randolph
Util T.J. Ford
BN Hedo Turkoglu
BN Steve Francis