OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Torres should be recovered by the start of the WC (just like Fabregas) but the question is if they will be fit, in form and ready by then. I think that Spain will cruise through the group stage but they need Torres to be relatively in form when the KO-stage roles around. Spain can survive without Fabregas (if Iniesta is healthy) but it's obviously difficult to replace arguably the best striker in the world.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

You are correct, T=that is what matters. But if you think Spurs were the better team you are confused. For the rest of the first half after they scored I thought we were playing a relegation challenger.  Then when RVP came in he was a class above everyone on that field, except Gomes.

Funny thing is today Scum did really play a relegation challenger and lost... 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Definitely not, Almunia with his injury would have not let us down like Fabianski just did. Worst display I've seen from them in a very long time

Agreed. I missed the game because Comcast Cable sucks balls, but I was in shock when I found out Arsenal gave up 3 goals in 10 minutes. Almunia isn't good at all, but I can only imagine he would have made at least one stop.

I love it how gooner fans cant accept defeat. it's okay to lose sometimes... even to relegation threatened sides.

You wonderful football fans are talking about accomplishments that REALLY don't matter. You will NEVER meet a sports team that plays to "finish(ed) in the top 4 domestically over the last 5 years, made it to 1 UCL final, 2 UCL semis, made it to 4 UCL QFs over the last 5 years."

That just means you're satisfying with making the UCL final and losing. You're satisfied w/ regularly finishing 3rd to Chelsea and Man U. You're satisfied with losing in the QF 4 out of the 5 years. Thinking about what you're saying.

Like I said last time. Any team can make excuses about having injuries. About bad GKing...about fielding a "teenage" squad...whatever the case may be, you can only beat the 11 guys in front of you. If fielding a teenage side in the carling cup to save your main guys for more meaningful games, why didn't the gooners w/ those "more meaningful" games?

The whole ARSENAL is better than this and that team is ******ed. They don't win trophies. Nobody wants to watch 70% possession with NO results. Nobody wants to watch a 2nd (or 3rd) rate wannabe Barcelona squad. Spurs beating gooners was clearly because they were the better side. Listen to $%*#'s commentary after the game. You can hear it from your own manager if you want to try to justify the ******ed comments on here. And to say it was a fluke? Spurs beat a full chelsea side too. How come nobody wanted to address that?

At the end of the day, there is MORE to be angry about as a gooner fan than to be happy about. They are consistently the 1st or 2nd loser. Who wants to be the Sacramento Kings of the Prem League?  
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DC1323

I love it how gooner fans cant accept defeat. it's okay to lose sometimes... even to relegation threatened sides.

You wonderful football fans are talking about accomplishments that REALLY don't matter. You will NEVER meet a sports team that plays to "finish(ed) in the top 4 domestically over the last 5 years, made it to 1 UCL final, 2 UCL semis, made it to 4 UCL QFs over the last 5 years."

That just means you're satisfying with making the UCL final and losing. You're satisfied w/ regularly finishing 3rd to Chelsea and Man U. You're satisfied with losing in the QF 4 out of the 5 years. Thinking about what you're saying.

Like I said last time. Any team can make excuses about having injuries. About bad GKing...about fielding a "teenage" squad...whatever the case may be, you can only beat the 11 guys in front of you. If fielding a teenage side in the carling cup to save your main guys for more meaningful games, why didn't the gooners w/ those "more meaningful" games?

The whole ARSENAL is better than this and that team is ******ed. They don't win trophies. Nobody wants to watch 70% possession with NO results. Nobody wants to watch a 2nd (or 3rd) rate wannabe Barcelona squad. Spurs beating gooners was clearly because they were the better side. Listen to $%*#'s commentary after the game. You can hear it from your own manager if you want to try to justify the ******ed comments on here. And to say it was a fluke? Spurs beat a full chelsea side too. How come nobody wanted to address that?

At the end of the day, there is MORE to be angry about as a gooner fan than to be happy about. They are consistently the 1st or 2nd loser. Who wants to be the Sacramento Kings of the Prem League?  
tired.gif
FunnySportsAccident.jpg

I'm not one to talk crap unless its about UWHusky Football but come on now dude as a Spurs fan you are the LASTperson that should be talking about someone being satisfied withunderwhelming results. First win in league in years...its ok have your shine, you earned it with the last decade of thumpings by us.

Oh and if we're like the Kings of the NBA (which make NO sense whatsoever) than who does that make you?

Yes, making it far in the UCL nearly every single year is a huge accomplishment. The UCL is a tournament where the most ELITE teams in Europe and most elite players in the world play against one another. It's also a tournament in which Tottenham haven't been good enough to qualify for because teams like Arsenal have simply been better than the Spurs.

How exactly are Arsenal like the Kings when Arsenal have a winning history...in fact, Arsenal won the league title just 5 seasons ago. Yeah, Arsenal are on a drought right now but the club won a boatload of trophies just a few seasons ago. People act like its easy to win trophies every single year...other than Man Utd, no English club has consistently won trophies since the Premiership's inception. Arsenal are a well run club that have some excellent players and eventually they'll start winning competitions again. Meanwhile, Tottenham will continue to be a slightly above-average Premiership team that occasionally makes the Europa League and occasionally wins prestigious trophies such as the Carling Cup
laugh.gif

One question to you guys...Who's had the better season between the two teams?

I cant wait for next season when Arsenal run train once again on these fools...Tottenham can only beat Arsenal when we're using teens or have 6-starters injured
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

How exactly are Arsenal like the Kings when Arsenal have a winning history...

I cant wait for next season ...

sounds like a kings fan to me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

How exactly are Arsenal like the Kings when Arsenal have a winning history...

I cant wait for next season ...

sounds like a kings fan to me
laugh.gif

If Arsenal are like the Kings then what does that make the Spurs? The Clippers?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Rafael again :smh
Had he stayed by the post he would have kept that out... 1-1
EDIT ~ NANI with the chip!

I'm hoping that Man City beats Arsenal today just to knock Tottenham out of the UCL.

Arsenal are locked into 3rd so losing today wont be so bad.

I look forward to seeing van Persie possibly start. Dude is one of the most talented players on the planet but is more fragile than Greg Oden.

I'm hoping that Man City beats Arsenal today just to knock Tottenham out of the UCL.

Arsenal are locked into 3rd so losing today wont be so bad.

I look forward to seeing van Persie possibly start. Dude is one of the most talented players on the planet but is more fragile than Greg Oden.
You would make instant friends with one my boys.  Believes Van persie *When Healthy* is top 5 material.
I too would like to see Manchester City win as well, B/C i want to see who they bring in during the transfer window.  Also for the Champions League

Yes, making it far in the UCL nearly every single year is a huge accomplishment. The UCL is a tournament where the most ELITE teams in Europe and most elite players in the world play against one another. It's also a tournament in which Tottenham haven't been good enough to qualify for because teams like Arsenal have simply been better than the Spurs.
Oh hell no. 
laugh.gif
 Chelsea needs to blow up their team despite constantly playing in the semis/final of the UCL, but it's a huge accomplishment for Arsenal? 
grin.gif

some .gif potential in that Man Utd vs Spurs match...
laugh.gif

Evra and Nani and Rafael's reaction from the bench after United's second goal...

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Oh hell no. 
laugh.gif
 Chelsea needs to blow up their team despite constantly playing in the semis/final of the UCL, but it's a huge accomplishment for Arsenal? 
grin.gif
Of course it is.

Chelsea are a huge budget club who've been losing money since Abrahamovic took over. His main objective with Chelsea is to win as many trophies as possible and thats why he's spent hundreds of millions of pounds on player transfers and wages while the club has been in the red the entire time. Why do you think they've had 5 different managers in the last 6-years or so? The guy wants immediate results.

Arsenal are operated more like a corporation. The stakeholders care more about balancing the books (after taking on enormous debt to build the Emirates) and they've been doing this by giving Wenger a modest budget, constraining player wages and by making money off of condo developments and other investments. While Wenger, the players and the fans want to win now, its simply not a priority at the top. Thus, making it deep into the UCL each season with a team with a limited budget is a huge accomplishment. Why do you think Arsenal are such a young team? Because Wenger thinks a 18-year-old can do the same job as a 25-year-old? No, it's because players in the prime of their careers demand significantly higher wages than teenagers who are paid peanuts. Wenger has little power in this respect...the club gives him a limited amount of money each summer and he's forced to buy young and inexpensive players. What are you supposed to do when you're given like 20 million pounds and have 3-4 needs? Arsenal aren't like Chelsea where they can drop as much money as it takes to acquire a player.

I cant find any recent info but a study reported back in 2007 said that Chelsea were paying their players 115 million pounds that season which was by far the highest in the Premiership. You best believe they are top 3 in Europe in terms of wages paid and with that kind of money being spent, the club expects to win the UCL. Arsenal are a rich club but their expectations and spending are modest.

Since we're all big on NBA analogies here...Chelsea are like the Lakers/Cavs/Mavs where they are spending more than everyone else (the Lakers/Cavs/Mavs are paying the luxury tax) because they want to win NOW. Arsenal are like the OKC Thunder. They have a young team with a modest salary that would like to win now but it just isn't their time. Just like the Thunder, Arsenal will eventually spend money to reinforce their teams and hopefully be more competitive in the future. Making the playoffs was a huge accomplishment for this young Thunder squad and making the UCL semis/quarters is huge with the limited squad Arsenal have.

Fair enough, that's a good point.

I stand by my belief that Chelsea is a team that should give it a try or two more before rebuilding, but I see your points.

This Arsenal game is rather dry. Maybe something will happen in the 9 minutes of extra time.

The Arsenal match was a waste of 98 minutes.

The domestic season's been done for us since Almunia cost us the win vs. Birmingham. Time for Wenger to field some 13-year-olds in our final 2 matches.

BTW, word is that Rooney is done for the year due to a groin injury. I think that this is great news for England fans who dont support United...he's been banged up for a couple of months now but Ferguson keeps rushing him back.

Carlos Tevez wrote:

Carlos Tevez wrote:

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Oh hell no. 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
Of course it is.

Chelsea are a huge budget club who've been losing money since Abrahamovic took over. His main objective with Chelsea is to win as many trophies as possible and thats why he's spent hundreds of millions of pounds on player transfers and wages while the club has been in the red the entire time. Why do you think they've had 5 different managers in the last 6-years or so? The guy wants immediate results.

Arsenal are operated more like a corporation. The stakeholders care more about balancing the books (after taking on enormous debt to build the Emirates) and they've been doing this by giving Wenger a modest budget, constraining player wages and by making money off of condo developments and other investments. While Wenger, the players and the fans want to win now, its simply not a priority at the top. Thus, making it deep into the UCL each season with a team with a limited budget is a huge accomplishment. Why do you think Arsenal are such a young team? Because Wenger thinks a 18-year-old can do the same job as a 25-year-old? No, it's because players in the prime of their careers demand significantly higher wages than teenagers who are paid peanuts. Wenger has little power in this respect...the club gives him a limited amount of money each summer and he's forced to buy young and inexpensive players. What are you supposed to do when you're given like 20 million pounds and have 3-4 needs? Arsenal aren't like Chelsea where they can drop as much money as it takes to acquire a player.

WOW you want your team to lose...A supporter that matches his club with no ambition
sick.gif
tired.gif

Thats why theyre scum. Like you said Gooners would rather balance the books for a crap stadium and be competitive (another word for not win anything)

utter trash

Anyone watching Milan get raped by Palermo? They are absolutely clowning the Milan defense right now. 3-1 and it was about to be 4-1 but the volley at the end of a beautiful 1-2 was hit right at Dida.

Back
Top Bottom