OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

ortiz19.JPG

summer sliiiiiide...a poem by deadsetace:

i hate baseball in july/august.
i hate that we traded for brian anderson.
i hate that brian anderson is starting games.
i hate that we wont pinch hit for him.
i hate that all we can hit are solo homers.
i hate texas.

- deadsetace

yes im mad. yes i need a hug.

hayden_evan_hug.jpg

much better.

Easy guy. Keep that "This team sucks because they dont win every game" mentality over in the Yankees thread. We still got a little time to get thingstogether. But I will admit things are starting to look slimmer by the day.

yeah i think we're OK.

wakefield and a stronger dice k (allegedly) will be back soon. just gotta get these damn bats on track.

in toronto for three:
Josh Beckett, RHP (14-4, 3.10) @ Ricky Romero, LHP (10-5, 3.70)
Clay Buchholz, RHP (1-3, 4.45 @ Roy Halladay, RHP (13-5, 2.65)
Jon Lester, LHP (9-7, 3.71) @ Brett Cecil, LHP (5-1, 4.35)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Buckholtz has gotten the other teams Ace in each of the last 3 series hes pitched in. Really trying have an excuse to drop him to the minors when Dice and Wakecome back. But honestly I like him as our 5 better than Penny. Penny had one good stretch of 5 or 6 starts but other than that he has been trash. Buckholtz hasheld his own in the last two starts and is looking better (aside from almost costing us a game running the bases, but that can be excused since he is apitcher).

Sorry DS. Seemes like you where alone last weekened. It was busy for me, didnt get a chance to get in the thread. Not that there was much to talk about afterFriday. But we have to step it up starting this week. Otherwise it may be a long crawl back to the playoffs come September.

laugh.gif
no worries...like you said, wasn't much to say about that weekend in texas

and yeah i agree, i think penny is just about done. not sure how much he left now. as far as buchholz, they were saying on the radio that the fact they usedhim as a pinch runner shows they don't really care about keeping him up in the bigs for too long (for this year of course). i didn't see it that way,thought they read way too much into the situation. bottom line was we NEEDED a run, tek is slow as hell, and the bench was thin.

We need to start taking 2 out of 3 right now. Beckett needs to treat this like a playoff game.

I have a feeling when we do make it in the playoff (yea I said it, who wants to fight about it) Pap is going to put me on heart attack watch. Ima have to havethe paddles sittin next to the couch.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I have a feeling when we do make it in the playoff (yea I said it, who wants to fight about it) Pap is going to put me on heart attack watch. Ima have to have the paddles sittin next to the couch.
cosign, dude

Great win today against Halladay. Buckholtz with another good outting and gets the win this time. If this keeps up I think Penny will be in trouble. Thank god.

Im going back to how I was doing things in the beginning of the season and not posting during games.

Halladay has had trouble with the Sox in the past. Nice to see that continue tonight. It's gonna be huge if we can get the sweep tomorrow.

Yessir. And the Twins just finished another comeback on the Rangers . Back leading the Wild card like we should be. Lets keep this up. We gotta get this sweeptomorrow.

Yea I was ready to when it was 4-0. And then I was like lemme just check the final score to see how it went and they where up 5-4 in the 9th. And all I coulddo was laugh

Back
Top Bottom