Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

^ Alright thanks.

I went against 1 of my gut feelings and not picking up Richard
laugh.gif
He would of helped out my era and whip alot (as of now at least seeing how its only the 6thinning)

If i can keep my era down and still win Wins and Ks I should be in good position.

My season might be over tomorrow. I'm down 4-6. I'm tied in runs, down in wins by 1, down by 1 in Ks, and not too far away in ERA and WHIP because Ihave 4 pitchers going for me tomorrow. Yovanni Gallardo vs HOU, Ubaldo Jimenez @ ARI, Robinson Tejada @ CHW, and Randy Wolf vs SF. My opponent has 3 pitchersgoing for him so it's going to be tough.

Please team, come through for me.

np5pae.jpg

Anyone know how they break ties in yahoo baseball??

4-4 tie

i'll find out tomorrow for sure....suspense is killing me.

ERA is the tie breaker. If ERA is tied, then I'm lost on that one. There is a way to find out and I read the list a few years back, but I forgot.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

ERA is the tie breaker. If ERA is tied, then I'm lost on that one. There is a way to find out and I read the list a few years back, but I forgot.

Thanks for the info.....yep i lost. Gotta settle for 3rd.

Best of luck to those who made the championship week!

Made it to championship 2nd year in a row...had a huge lead in last years but blew it in the second week so i'm tryin to get my 1st chip...
pimp.gif

And for some reason my pitchers are all blowing up on me...

Haren
Edwin Jackson
Kershaw
Happ is hurt
eyes.gif

Killin me...still in the championship though so there's hope, but my hitters need to come through...

Ohlendorf.
pimp.gif

I hope you didn't pick up Sowers. Told you about the swinging A's.
laugh.gif
Nah I didn't I picked up maholm
roll.gif
lol

I lost though
mad.gif

Was a back and forth mathcup, and my team just didn't show up Sunday. Was such a CLOSE matchup, heres the final numbers. Paid $50, took home a total of$150 ($100 for 1st place reg seaosn, $50 2nd overall) Winner got $450 that should of been mine
mad.gif
Oh well what can you do. Heres the final numbers. If i got 1 more run/sb fromAramais at 8 and wainwright got the win, would of tied. (commish claimed no tiebreakers in final, 5-5 6-6 = $250 each person) His pitching SHOWED up on Sunday.3 pitchers i think 17 innings for 2 earned runs and 3 wins. My batting just didn't come through this week. Each week i was putting 30-15-40 .300 .900easily each week. I think i was #1 in all hitting catagoies and #2 in sb for the entire year

I'm on the left

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Haren
Edwin Jackson
Kershaw
Happ is hurt
eyes.gif

Killin me...still in the championship though so there's hope, but my hitters need to come through...
I'm having the same dilemma with Edwin Jackson. You think I should start him in his next start against Cleveland?
nerd.gif

Haren
Edwin Jackson
Kershaw
Happ is hurt
eyes.gif

I'm having the same dilemma with Edwin Jackson. You think I should start him in his next start against Cleveland?
nerd.gif
I'm starting him...other team already has 7 ER and a 9+ ERA...so even a bad start and i'm still ahead...just need some stats

Haren
Edwin Jackson
Kershaw
Happ is hurt
eyes.gif

nerd.gif
I'm starting him...other team already has 7 ER and a 9+ ERA...so even a bad start and i'm still ahead...just need some stats
Yeah, I ended up starting Edwin Jackson. Got a good performance from him. Nice!
pimp.gif

Haren
Edwin Jackson
Kershaw
Happ is hurt
eyes.gif

nerd.gif
Yeah, I ended up starting Edwin Jackson. Got a good performance from him. Nice!
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
So Clutch

Question: In Yahoo, if you have a transaction limit per week, for the 2nd week of finals, does that reset back to zero?

Like this week, I can make a total of 5 transactions. I already used 2 of 5. Next week, will it return back to 0 of 5? I want to maximize the moves I make.

I can't get Jermaine Dye. I ran out of transactions for this week. I ended up dropping Pedro Martinez for Clayton Kershaw.

Kershaw was dropped because of an injury, then came out of the pen a couple times. I just jumped at the opportunity to snag him. I think he's facing PIT,too, so I'm liking the matchup. I couldn't pass it up.
laugh.gif

I didn't like the Pedro @ MIL matchup. Pedro hasn't thrown off a mound and will be facing a Brewer lineup at Miller Park. I just dropped Pedro rightthen and there. I don't even want to risk it.

But I got this question...

In Yahoo, if you have a transaction limit per week, for the 2nd week of finals, does that reset back to zero?

Like this week, I can make a total of 5 transactions. I already used 2 of 5. Next week, will it return back to 0 of 5? I want to maximize the moves I make.

Anybody else' stats not updated yet on Yahoo? I click on my Matchup and the stats aren't updated yet. Adam Lind hit 2 home runs yesterday and Idon't see it yet. I want to know where I stand.

Originally Posted by Phil Hyphy

Anybody else' stats not updated yet on Yahoo? I click on my Matchup and the stats aren't updated yet. Adam Lind hit 2 home runs yesterday and I don't see it yet. I want to know where I stand.
end of season standings updates are always horrible. it's still not updated.

So I got the answer to my question on the previous page, the transaction limit does not reset in the 2nd week of the championship matchup. Damn, I wasted allmy transactions. I was banking on getting an answer to that question, but I never got it.
smh.gif

I had the best team in my league by far the whole way. Came in first then in the second round I played this guy who had his friend drop all his players so hecan pick them up. Needless to say his all star squad kicked my *+% and the commissioner won't do a damn thing about it. Complete BS.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

I had the best team in my league by far the whole way. Came in first then in the second round I played this guy who had his friend drop all his players so he can pick them up. Needless to say his all star squad kicked my *+% and the commissioner won't do a damn thing about it. Complete BS.
If that league is for money, then
15nahys.gif
that league. Cheaters.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom