Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

I had the best team in my league by far the whole way. Came in first then in the second round I played this guy who had his friend drop all his players so he can pick them up. Needless to say his all star squad kicked my *+% and the commissioner won't do a damn thing about it. Complete BS.
If that league is for money, then
15nahys.gif
that league. Cheaters.
smh.gif
It is. 10 dollar buy in. Thing is I don't see any of those pricks any more because they're all at college now.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I had the best team in my league by far the whole way. Came in first then in the second round I played this guy who had his friend drop all his players so he can pick them up. Needless to say his all star squad kicked my *+% and the commissioner won't do a damn thing about it. Complete BS.
If that league is for money, then
15nahys.gif
that league. Cheaters.
smh.gif
It is. 10 dollar buy in. Thing is I don't see any of those pricks any more because they're all at college now.
They did you dirty.
smh.gif

Sooooo... you guys win in your leagues?

I had only 3 leagues this year. In 2 of the leagues, I got 1st place. In my 3rd league, I didn't even make the playoffs. I hated that league anyway.Screwed me over when they vetoed my Soriano for B.J. Upton trade. Was it going to be the difference maker in me making the playoffs? No, but I'm stillbitter over it.
smh.gif

franchise and I battled until the bitter end.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][th=""]
Rank
[/th] [th=""]
Team
[/th] [th=""]
R
[/th] [th=""]
HR
[/th] [th=""]
RBI
[/th] [th=""]
SB
[/th] [th=""]
AVG
[/th] [th=""]
W
[/th] [th=""]
SV
[/th] [th=""]
K
[/th] [th=""]
ERA
[/th] [th=""]
WHIP
[/th] [th=""]
Total
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]GM of the Year[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]114.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]franchise3[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]114[/td] [/tr][/table]

Won my only league this year (10 team). I had a pretty stacked team. My final team included:
C: Kurt Suzuki
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Dustin Pedroia
SS: Derek Jeter
3B: Evan Longoria
1B/3B: Pablo Sandoval
2B/SS: Ben Zobrist
OF: Carl Crawford
OF: Raul Ibanez
OF: Justin Upton
UTIL: Derrek Lee
BEN: Asdrubal Cabrera
BEN: Carlos Quentin
BEN: Yunel Escobar

PITCHERS: Adam Wainright, Chris Carpenter, Felix Hernandez, Randy Wolf, Joel Pineiro, Max Scherzer, Clay Buchholz, Rich Harden, Kevin Millwood, Leo Nunez,Jonathon Papelbon, Brian Fuentes, Fernando Rodney, J.P. Howell, Frank Francisco

This is definitely the best team I've ever had and it paid off!

My first year playing fantasy baseball and I took home first place in my league
pimp.gif

I won the chip in 2/3 of my leagues. The 3rd I placed 3rd. I did finish 1st in that one by like 12 games in the regular season though.

Anyone still checking this thread? Hope so because I have a question about my keeper league.......

My last keeper spot is between Andre Ethier, Manny Ramirez, Jimmy Rollins and Jayson Werth.....thoughts?

Yeah, I still check this thread.
laugh.gif

I'd keep Rollins. Reason being is that he's a shortstop. It's harder to find a quality shortstop that gets home runs and SBs. They're hard tocome by. Jimmy picked it up in the 2nd half of the season, too.

Manny Ramirez, Andre Either, and Jayson Werth are outfielders so they're easier to replace (in theory) since they're are a lot of quality outfieldersout there.

Those are just my thoughts. I'd welcome hearing other people's perspectives, too.

Originally Posted by dland24

Thanks Paul. Anyone else have an opinion?

It's between Either and Rollins. I had Rollins in all my leagues this year. Hard to find a SS that produces like him. I think he'll be back tobatting 280 next year. So I'd keep him. There are plenty of OF that produces 100+ RBIs.

Definite VETO. But you might get more opinions if you ask in the fantasy BASKETball thread.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom