OFFICIAL 2009 NFL DRAFT (APRIL 25-26) VOL. NFL SALVATION

god damn reading this article on BPA theres still a whole lot of wuality names available.

Tier 6
Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina
Louis Murphy, WR, Florida
Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss
Duke Robinson, OT, Oklahoma
Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

Tier 7
Kevin Barnes, CB, Maryland
James Casey, TE, Rice
Rashad Johnson, S, Alabama
Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati

Tier Eight
Gerald Cadogan, OL, Penn State
Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma
Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, LSU
Alex Magee, DL, Purdue
Stephen McGee, QB, Texas A&M
Kraig Urbik, OT, Wisconsin
Chip Vaughn, S, Wake Forest
Donald Washington, CB, Ohio State

Tier 9
Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin
Andre Brown, RB, N.C. State
Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State
Marcus Freeman, LB, Ohio State
Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson
Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond
Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech
John Parker Wilson, QB, Alabama

Tier Ten
Darry Beckwith, LB, LSU
Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State
Jasper Brinkley, LB, South Carolina
Antoine Caldwell, G, Alabama
Anthony Hill, TE, N.C. State
Keenan Lewis, DB, Oregon State
Chris Owens, CB, San Jose State
DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80ffd844&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

i dont even know what to think about what we just did
laugh.gif

oh well, in bill we trust...

Team sources confirmed that the Seattle Seahawks removed the franchise tag designated to linebacker Leroy Hill in an effort to create some financial flexibility for the team.

The move came just hours after Seattle selected Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry with the team's No. 4 overall pick in the first day of the draft on Saturday.

Curry will likely sign a lucrative, multi-year deal with the team to join a talented, linebackers' unit that includes Hill and Lofa Tatupu.

Im guessin they want Hill to test the market? Now that the draft has started he wont get as much/more than Seattle offered?

Ruskell waste no time, coulda at least let me be
smile.gif
for 24 hours.

I'm ok with the Davis pick and Im guessing Sean Smith will be playing Safety.

My only question is Pat White gonna be an every down receiver or just situational. We still need receiver help IMO.

And hopefully this means, We are bringing back Jason Taylor.

Detroit has to take a tackle to open Day Two.
My only question is Pat White gonna be an every down receiver or just situational.
Absolutely not.

How is Johnson not on that list? Moore? Gilbert? Meredith?

Edit: You forgot to post a few.
laugh.gif

Tier 3: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

Tier 4: Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina

Tier 5: Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State; Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida; .J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

Couldn't be any happier with the Eagles yesterday.

Westbrook + McCoy + Jackson + Maclin + Curtis

pimp.gif
We are too fast.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

pimp.gif
We are too fast.
Yeah man...I'm loving (but hating as a skins fan) that Maclin pick....your special teams (return game both KR and PR) better be #1 thisyear....

anyways....all you Harvin/Minnesota fans, take this any way you want...

In the wake of University of Florida wideout Percy Harvin reportedly testing positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine, there are now legitimate questions and rampant speculation about whether Harvin also tested positive for drugs at Florida.
Let's face it, if Harvin is stupid enough to potentially cost himself millions of dollars by smoking dope before this weekend's NFL Draft, isn't he also dumb enough to smoke pot before the LSU game?

The message board doubters are wondering now whether Urban Meyer and UF's coaching staff covered for Harvin at UF, when he mysteriously missed two games during his sophomore year, ostensibly because he suffered from migraines. I don't know about you, but I can still remember the first thought that popped into my head back then was this: What football player misses a big game because of a headache?

Let let me say this right up front: I am only responding to the speculation swirling on the Internet and on talk radio. I have no proof whatsoever that Harvin missed those games at UF for anything other than migraines. But his positive drug test at the Combine certainly gives the legions of conspiracy theorists every reason to be cynical.

That said, even if Harvin did miss games at Florida for a failed drug test, I don't think Urban Meyer has a responsibility to make that public. In fact, it would be against the law for a football coach or any other university employee to reveal such private information about a student at a university.

When Meyer was asked recently if Harvin had ever failed a drug test at Florida, he gave the only answer he could have and should have given: "I'm not going to talk about guys' stuff like that.''

But I would hope beyond hope that a football coach of Meyer's stature wouldn't blatantly and publicly lie to cover up for a player's "stuff." Why in the world would he? If a player is suspended for failing a drug test, it's very easy and proper for a coach to simply say the player has been suspended "for breaking team rules." It happens all the time.

That's why I don't believe all of this Internet speculation and innuendo that Meyer would try to cover up a player's transgressions. What would he possibly have to gain by such deception? The player is still going to miss the games -- so who really cares if he missed them for "migraines" or for "breaking team rules"?

It would be disheartening and disturbing if any coach or university actually lied to cover up for a player's drug use. Not only would it kill the coach's credibility and the university's reputation if it became public, but it would further entitle the player into thinking he can get away with anything because the coach will cover for him.

Meyer, like many coaches, has tried to hide injuries from the public to gain a competitive advantage, but I refuse to believe he would lie to cover up for a player who might have failed a drug test.

Such a scenario would be utterly disappointing and only lend credence to the haters and critics, many of whom already refer to him as Urban "Liar."

Link

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

seattle took the tag off Leroy Hill and he is a FA now
what the %!%+?
mad.gif

with the amount of money that aaron curry is about to make in addition to what lofa tatupu is currently making, it makes sense. free up that cap room.

a bit of a surprise, but leroy hill is the one who loses out here. the pool of teams that didn't fill out needs at linebacker is a lot smaller than it wasbefore the draft. he'll find a job some place, but even if it's a one year deal that he has to take he won't make the money he would've madehad he signed that franchise tag tender.

after initially having A LOT of skepticism with the larry english pick, it does make a lot of sense. pass rushers come at a premium in the NFL and you couldnever have too many. english can without a doubt rush the passer and in situations where he, merriman, and phillips are on the field at the same time it shouldhelp the defense out tremendously. thinking about the potential defensive packages for pass rush situations is exciting and a reloaded pass rush should helpthe secondary a lot more.

[and to buggz, english is definitely playing outside linebacker. he would get mauled to death if he played end in a base 3-4 formation.]

i'm just looking at it this way..

- michael oher is a good player and i believe he would've warranted good value at #16, but a decent right tackle could potentially be had in the 3rd and4th rounds. even though the chargers needed a tackle, their problems last year were greater on the defensive side of the ball.
- running back depth will and should be addressed middle rounds of the draft. a.j. smith believes he can draft a good running back in that part of the draftbecause he found both michael turner and darren sproles in that area. i don't think the chargers EVER planned on taking a running back at #16 even ifmoreno was there.
- 3-4 defensive end probably didn't hold great value at #16. the chargers already have two players who can platoon at the position to replace igorolshansky in jacques cesaire and ryon bingham. depth is needed, though, but that could likely be had later on in the draft.
- 3-4 inside linebacker, even though i wanted rey maualuga to be a charger, wouldn't give enough value in the first round. it's hard to really say aposition isn't as important as others, but in regards to the 3-4 the inside linebackers they hold much less value than 3-4 outside linebackers. plus, kevinburnett was signed in the offseason so that is a sign that he will be given every opportunity to win a starting job with the team opposite stephen cooper.
- and in the first round, no safeties warranted consideration.

i don't think the chargers truly reached all things considered. NFL teams rank players by their own boards and it seems as though they got the player theywanted. i'm just looking forward to the second day of the draft because that's where the chargers will find most of their help. they need DEPTH at OL,DL, RB, and DB. this is a team that's reloading, not rebuilding.

there's going to be a good run on running backs in the second day. i'm hoping the chargers pick up someone like james davis, rashad jennings, or andrebrown.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I'm ok with the Davis pick and Im guessing Sean Smith will be playing Safety.

My only question is Pat White gonna be an every down receiver or just situational. We still need receiver help IMO.

And hopefully this means, We are bringing back Jason Taylor.

They're going to put Sean at CB. If it doesn't work out (it will), he moves to SS.

Pat is a FREAK. He's gonna play everywhere

I hope we do bring JT back. I think they already had something worked out and waited til after the draft. There's word that if they signed him before thedraft, They would have to give back the 2nd rd pick (#44) to the skins.

Ps. How many of you went past your 50 post limit yesterday? How many times?

Michael Johnson in garbage, even at this point in the draft.

Would be nice if D.J. Moore slipped down to ATL.

pimp.gif
We are too fast.

You got The NY Giants in your sig bus your happy with Phillies picks?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Cleavland Steamer

pimp.gif
We are too fast.

You got The NY Giants in your sig bus your happy with Phillies picks?
grin.gif
Check it again.

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

Not a bad choice, but I do think Glenn Coffey is better....
Nah...

Jets giving up the whole draft to get their guys.

Gunna probably waking up the neighbors down there, "NOOOOOOOO! NOT HIM!"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom