OFFICIAL 2009 NFL PRESEASON & TRAINING CAMP THREAD

ImgDyn.cfm

damn welker is tiny

Look at the dude's shoes in the two pics. Second pic, the guy goin down has all black, Hoover got whites in the top photo.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Look at the dude's shoes in the two pics. Second pic, the guy goin down has all black, Hoover got whites in the top photo.
different color gloves too

dreClark wrote:
Y'all Miami fans really got faith in the 'Wild Pat' ?
I'm leery.

I said all year last year, we screwed around with that damn offense too much. We wasted so much time workin on them trick plays that when it came to 3rd and 1with Ricky and Ronnie we still couldn't get that yard. Our OL couldn't get push.
smh.gif

I think we can run some fun plays, maybe make things a little exciting here and there, but I don't think we can gimmick offense our way into a super bowl. Hopefully this is just a way to make us interesting and keep the players hopes up until we get the personnel in here to compete for it all. I hope that'swhat's goin on.

Yeah and in the first pic Deangelo has a white spat job and in the second one he has a black one.

Different gloves, towel and a different wrist tape job. (That boy matches everything
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
)

So what are you saying?

It's probably just pics from two different sessions

• p_note.gif
    Sun, Aug 9

WR Randy Moss is having his practice reps monitored, most often only practicing just once a day while his teammates have gone through double sessions, but he has still excelled. He rolls out of bed and is easily the most talented player on the field. He's catching everything thrown his way in camp, including passes that weren't supposed to go to him. In one drill in which four QBs throw to four WRs, two passers accidentally threw to Moss. He coolly caught one ball in each hand and turned up field as if nothing strange had happened. If he can stay healthy, something the team appears intent on trying to ensure as best it can, Moss seems poised for another big campaign with Brady back under center.
    (Yahoo! Sports)

Thiiiiis $!%#%...
roll.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

• p_note.gif
    Sun, Aug 9

WR Randy Moss is having his practice reps monitored, most often only practicing just once a day while his teammates have gone through double sessions, but he has still excelled. He rolls out of bed and is easily the most talented player on the field. He's catching everything thrown his way in camp, including passes that weren't supposed to go to him. In one drill in which four QBs throw to four WRs, two passers accidentally threw to Moss. He coolly caught one ball in each hand and turned up field as if nothing strange had happened. If he can stay healthy, something the team appears intent on trying to ensure as best it can, Moss seems poised for another big campaign with Brady back under center.
    (Yahoo! Sports)
Thiiiiis $!%#%...
roll.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

G.O.A.T.
pimp.gif

[h1]Brown takes advantage of working with Peppers[/h1]
GERRY PATE/gerry.pate@shj.com

Buy photo

Carolina Panthers rookie Everette Brown practices at Wofford College on Monday.

By Eric Boynton
eric.boynton@shj.com

Published: Monday, August 10, 2009 at 11:32 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, August 10, 2009 at 11:32 p.m.

From the outset of training camp, rookie Everette Brown decided he wasn't going to let a chance to work closely with one of the NFL's premier performers pass him by.

Practice schedule
Today:
3:10 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:10 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
(Snyder Field)
Thursday: 3:10 p.m.
Friday: 9:10 a.m., 6:40 p.m.

So the Florida State product, drafted 43rd overall in this year's draft, has become a fixture at the side of Panthers star Julius Peppers, sponging off his technique, knowledge and nuances.

"Coaches told us to pair up and I grabbed him and said, 'Let's work,' because I want to get better, want to know what it takes," Brown said. "Some of the drills we do against each other and I feel what he's doing and then I'm able to do it. It's going to help me, but it will be a gradual process."

The Panthers gave away next year's first round draft pick to move up in the second round to snag Brown, who had initially been thought of by many as a first-round selection. His 13.5 sacks ranked third nationally last year and he was the only player to rank among the top four in sacks and tackles for losses.

Brown, runner-up for ACC player of the year, finished with 23 sacks in 25 career starts and his 46½ tackles behind the line of scrimmage ranks fifth at FSU, a school known for churning out elite defenders.

His slender 6-foot-1, 260-pound frame, slight by NFL standards, may have caused his pro stock to drop as Brown is certainly an affable and intelligent sounding guy who would have endeared himself to front office personnel.

"He's got a great attitude," Panthers head coach John Fox said. "He really wants to be good. He's spent a lot of time with Julius and I think he's making good progress."

Brown's lack of size isn't a problem for new Carolina defensive coordinator Ron Meeks, who arrived after seven seasons with Indianapolis where his pass rush featured two undersized yet immensely successful ends in Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis.

"I see a lot of comparison with (Brown and) those guys," Meeks said. "That's why we felt he was a guy worthy of taking him where we did. Hopefully he'll continue to improve and has done a good job so far."

Fox wasn't the least bit concerned with Brown's lack of bulk, saying, "There are some smaller people at all positions. Steve Smith is small for his position. Dwight Freeney is not the world's biggest human being and he's had a lot of success.

"These guys come in all different shapes and sizes. A lot of it is being good football players and we think Everette is a good player."

Fox admitted that everybody would prefer to have a bigger guy, but they are first and foremost interested in talent and believes there's plenty of upside to Brown.

Besides, Brown's forte isn't to power rush opposing linemen, but to use his nimbleness to wreak havoc in the backfield from off the edge.

"It's about the anticipation of the snap count and using my speed," he said. "You don't really have to deal with the offensive linemen because I can use my speed to get on the outside and get by them pretty quickly. That's what's been able to stick with me throughout the process. That's my signature - speed."

pimp.gif
honestly I question that pick by the Panthers but what im hearing, dude is a flat out monster. Now all we need is someone to clog up the middle on aregular basic, and we'll be a complete team.

Back
Top Bottom