..:: OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NJ NETS SEASON THREAD::.. First National Game in 3 Years!!

New arena! New ownership! New coaches! New players!

Let's put last year behind us. Way behind.

Here's�the�team!!!

MIKHAIL PROKHOROV, PRINCIPAL OWNER
mikhail-prokhorov-nets-521jpgjpg-93ca69c6523e4705_large.jpg

A little background on the big Russian:

Mikhail Prokhorov was born in Moscow, Russia in 1965. His mother, Tamara, was a chemical engineer and his father, Dmitry, was head of the international department for the Soviet Sport Committee, which greatly influenced his love of sports from an early age. While still a student, Mikhail earned his first money unloading railway cars, and he then established his first business venture stone-washing blue jeans. He graduated with honors from the Moscow Finance Institute and began his career in the banking sector with the International Bank for Economic Cooperation and the International Finance Company. In 1995, his Uneximbank acquired control of the Norilsk Nickel mining company. Mikhail became Chief Executive Officer of Norilsk Nickel in 2001, where he remained until 2007, when he sold his stake. In that year, Mikhail created Onexim Group, a holding company for his assets, which now include metals companies (Polyus Gold, Rusal) banks (Renaissance Capital, IFC-Bank), media outlets (Snob, Russian Pioneer magazines, FIT television channel, F5 web portal/newspaper), insurance (Soglassye), real estate (Open Investments), electricity production (Quadra) and nanotechnology (Optogan). His latest projects include a plan to produce Russia’s first hybrid car and the planned purchase of Russia’s foremost business news company, RosBusinessConsulting.

Mikhail is passionate about sports and heads the Russian Biathlon Union. He enjoys windsurfing, jet skiing, heli skiing and kickboxing.

He also has a foundation that supports a wide range of causes, from sports to cultural development. The Prokhorov Foundation is run by Mikhail’s sister, Irina. V

Proky's main guys:

BRETT YORMARK

CEO, NETS Basketball; President & CEO, Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment

402006yormark.jpg

CHRISTOPHE CHARLIER, CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, NETS BASKETBALL

chris_charlier_325.jpg

BILLY KING, GENERAL MANAGER

billy-king-new-jersey-nets-714jpgjpg-a9c9572f7b4b7d91_large.jpg

BOBBY MARKS, ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER

Bobby_Marks.JPG

JAY-Z, MINORITY OWNER

jayz_bg725x423.jpg

AVERY JOHNSON,� HEAD COACH

alg_nets_avery_johnson.jpg

Current roster [table][tr][th=""]
New Jersey Nets roster
v•�d•�e
[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]Players[/th][th=""]Coaches[/th][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][th=""]Pos. [/th][th=""]# [/th][th=""]Nat. [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Ht. [/th][th=""]Wt. [/th][th=""]From [/th][/tr][tr][td]1.5 !G[/td][td]2[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Farmar, Jordan[/td][td]74 !6 ft 2 in (1.88�m)[/td][td]180 lb (82�kg)[/td][td]UCLA[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.0 !F[/td][td]14[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Favors, Derrick[/td][td]82 !6 ft 10 in (2.08�m)[/td][td]246 lb (112�kg)[/td][td]Georgia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]1.5 !G[/td][td]12[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Gill, Eddie[/td][td]72 !6 ft 0 in (1.83�m)[/td][td]190 lb (86�kg)[/td][td]Weber State[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.0 !F[/td][td]26[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Graham, Stephen[/td][td]78 !6 ft 6 in (1.98�m)[/td][td]215 lb (98�kg)[/td][td]Oklahoma State[/td][/tr][tr][td]1.5 !G[/td][td]34[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Harris, Devin[/td][td]!6 ft 3 in (1.91�m)[/td][td]190 lb (86�kg)[/td][td]Wisconsin[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.0 !F[/td][td]43[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Humphries, Kris[/td][td]81 !6 ft 9 in (2.06�m)[/td][td]235 lb (107�kg)[/td][td]Minnesota[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.0 !F[/td][td]10[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]James, Damion[/td][td]79 !6 ft 7 in (2.01�m)[/td][td]220 lb (100�kg)[/td][td]Texas[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.0 !C[/td][td]11[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Lopez, Brook[/td][td]84 !7 ft 0 in (2.13�m)[/td][td]265 lb (120�kg)[/td][td]Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]1.5 !G[/td][td]22[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Morrow, Anthony[/td][td]77 !6 ft 5 in (1.96�m)[/td][td]210 lb (95�kg)[/td][td]Georgia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.5 !F/C[/td][td]7[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Murphy, Troy[/td][td]83 !6 ft 11 in (2.11�m)[/td][td]245 lb (111�kg)[/td][td]Notre Dame[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.0 !F[/td][td]21[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Outlaw, Travis[/td][td]81 !6 ft 9 in (2.06�m)[/td][td]207 lb (94�kg)[/td][td]Starkville HS (AR)*[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.0 !C[/td][td]27[/td][td]FRA ! [/td][td]Petro, Johan[/td][td]84 !7 ft 0 in (2.13�m)[/td][td]247 lb (112�kg)[/td][td]France[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.5 !G/F[/td][td]13[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Ross, Quinton[/td][td]78 !6 ft 6 in (1.98�m)[/td][td]193 lb (88�kg)[/td][td]Southern Methodist[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.5 !F/C[/td][td]8[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Smith, Joe[/td][td]82 !6 ft 10 in (2.08�m)[/td][td]225 lb (102�kg)[/td][td]Maryland[/td][/tr][tr][td]1.5 !G[/td][td]18[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Uzoh, Ben[/td][td]75 !6 ft 3 in (1.91�m)[/td][td]205 lb (93�kg)[/td][td]Tulsa[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.5 !G/F[/td][td]1[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Williams, Terrence[/td][td]78 !6 ft 6 in (1.98�m)[/td][td]220 lb (100�kg)[/td][td]Louisville[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.0 !C[/td][td]55[/td][td]USA ! [/td][td]Zoubek, Brian[/td][td]85 !7 ft 1 in (2.16�m)[/td][td]260 lb (118�kg)[/td][td]Duke[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]Head coach Assistant coach(es) Athletic trainer(s)
Legend
  • (C) Team captain
  • (DP) Unsigned draft pick
  • (FA) Free agent
  • (IN) Inactive
  • (S) Suspended
  • Injured
[/td][/tr][/table]The roster as of October 4, 2010.

Prudential Center

prudential_center.jpg

��

Nice work
smokin.gif

We're off to a good start this preseason with a big win...

Devin hurt his foot, but its listed as day to day, should be back by next game.

Murphy coming back to the rotation soon as well. Looking forward to seeing this group together once he's in the mix.

Nice job for real on the opening thread.

Rooting for NJ to actually surprise some people this year.

With the talent they had last year, I still can't believe they had a worse record than the Knicks.
sick.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I was going to put the PSA or Roc Boys instrumental up to, but mods may ban me.

I think we're going to surprise a lot this year too.

JB I heard about Devin's injury too. He'll be okay hopefully. Favors was a beast in the first game.

Very nice Job Krazy.

Murphy will be back saturday.

Tomorrow will be interesting to see if Thorn takes questions from the nets beat writers.

laugh.gif

We beat Philly yesterday, which was played in VA.

Lopez and TWill carried the team basically. Devo didnt play.

And Favors fouled out in 13 minutes.
30t6p3b.gif
What the hell? Chalk it up to nerves, I guess. Oh and I think Petro fould out too.

First televised game is on Thursday vs Boston.

It is fine with Favors.

First time vs actual NBA talent. (Summer league never counts to me)

He will have his ups and downs this season.

Brook finally doing what he should of done sunday night where Haifa did not defend the inside at all. At least avery knows to go to Brook when the competition is thin on the inside unlike some of our other coaches last year.

Haven't had a chance to see them play yet, but I think this year will be a big improvement over last year.
And I'm still secretly hoping they can pull that Melo deal sometime during the year.

Eh, still on the fence about that Melo deal.

Boston tonight at the Rock. It'll be a interesting for the team. Going against some top tier talent now. Hopefully Favors will stay longer.

I think Harris is still out.

I was for the Melo deal initially but I think the lineup as currently constructed can do something special. I'm not looking for Eastern Conference finals or anything
laugh.gif
but competing for a playoff spot should not be out of the question. Favors has shown promise but I think we should try to keep Murphy for another year or so after this to give him additional time to develop.

^^ I hear ya Vandal, same here

Oh and this is the first televised game tonight!
pimp.gif

It's on the YES network, I thinkEDIT: Devo will play tonight vs. the C's. And Eddie Gill was cut once again. He'll be back next year.

I was never too fond of the Melo deal to begin with. I'm glad we kept Favors.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the season. 
pimp.gif

They are playing well versus Boston's B squad (Wish we had some they players on their b squad.)
Joe Smith siting 
nerd.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Gave my tickets tonight to a drug rep at the doctor's office i am also at who's friend does not get out much due to his wife having stage three throat cancer.

He took him to the game tonight so I can at least feel good that I did something for someone that is taking care of their wife like that.
frown.gif

Ask the announcers too, NICE!!!!! Ian Eagle with comedy as always.

Troy Murphy will be out the rest of the Pre-season and possibly the start if the regular season with a back injury.

That means Favors might get that shot at the starting 4 if he can stay on the floor long enough. He did not look to bad against KG last night although KG did use veteran moves to get fouls on him early.

Hump and Smith are fine as well. (Smith with 10 points last night)

Sucks to see Murphy won't get any minutes in the preseason. I wanted him to be in the rotation to get that chemistry going...

Tough to lose a game on a turnover such as stepping out.
grin.gif

I'll take the record so far, though.

^ thanks.

Yeah that sucks about Murphy.

Lopez is making the all-star team this year. Book it.
pimp.gif

Playing against KG was good for Favors, even with limited time.

Meanwhile....
scaled.php

The team goes to Russia and China on an international tour. Apparenlty TWill in piloting... 

Just got back from my long sports day.

Went to the Nets game (Chris Quinn and mini Sly what a day) and then went to my first Red Bulls game (The Stadium is AWESOME and my friends seats were upgraded to VIP seating with free food and drinks in the VIP lounge.

I only saw from the end of the first quarter to the middle of the third so we could make it to the soccer stadium for the game there.

Nice to hear that Graham hit the game winner.

Twill flying the plane kinda scares me even as a joke. No Lie.

Nice comeback towards the end of an overall sloppy game.

Good to see Favors with almost a double double in his 1st start.

Back
Top Bottom