..:: OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NJ NETS SEASON THREAD::.. First National Game in 3 Years!!

Internation road trip wraps Saturday vs Rockets again. Game starts at 7:30am EST
grin.gif

TWill, Brook and Devin the load last game.

They have right now a very bad offense.

Brook and Devin were givens. But they can not continue to go through the season of Outlaw scoring 7 points a game and Morrow struggling to hit shots (Finally got a rhythm Saturday but still) Missing Murphy hurts too.

Twill will be allowed to shoot jumpers all day by opposing teams defenses. if he beats them one night so be it but a majority of teams will take their chances against a player who's true game is driving and dishing than shooting the jumper.

D James needs a shot as well. I know he needs to earn the time but he might be better than some of the other players right now.

GO NETS!!!!

Favors looked better

still all over the place.

I am not a fan of Smith starting while Murph is out. I think Hump gives Defense and Offense unlike Smith who will be like Hassell out there with the occasional Jumper here or there.

http://www.travelzoo.com/...ainment/new-york/907640/

I do not think they will ever do $0.75 tickets but the tickets are on a price scale this year (Like looking at my miami heat ticket and seeing $130 knowing I paid $25 boggles my mind)

a 75 dollar ticket (lower level behind the basket) for the same price i pay for my season tickets is not bad at all especially during opening night.

Murphy most likely out until Sunday vs Miami... Joe Smith taking the PF spot until then.

Chemistry is the 1st thing that will be our weak point. Defense looks impressive (for the most part)... Tough to make 100% accurate comments off of just preseason, but that'll all be put to rest come Wednesday.
glasses.gif

I really think Avery will push this squad & get the best results out of them. The biggest question: How quick will Favors develope
nerd.gif

It's that time of year for post counts to sky rocket. 
laugh.gif

I don't think I really have a good grasp of what to expect of this team this year, so I don't want to go ahead and say whether this is necessarily a playoff team or not. If it is, it's an 8th seed at best.

T-Will showed improvement (particularly, cutting down on poor shot attempts) after he dealt with being benched in the second half of the season ; I'm looking forward to seeing his play the most this year. You can tell he really cares about doing well.

My expectations for Devin were incredibly high last year. 
frown.gif
 A lot of people accused others for "falling for the hype" after his / our down year last year, and said VC was the main reason for Devin's success in his first full season with us. VC did help, but Devin is still a solid player. 

I'm optimistic about a win tomorrow. 

Its that time.

That time where you are able to be happy for one day and then the "The hell are you doing Avery" and the "Outlaw never should of been signed" and the "When will it be Proky lady companion night at the Rock???"

Opening Night is here. The Owner is here. He will be in the building.

I see Devin leveling off as PG. he has been awful this pre-season. And I will be honest as always. Farmar out played him. I will not miss Dooling as much now that Farmar is here. I can see Devin averaging 15 ppg with his assist totals up. I think most of us will take that but we need more from him.

Brook will be dominant in the post. I just see it this year especially after the pre-season.

Lets get Outlaw into game shape before we attack him (Although he is wearing Simmons old number.....)

No word yet on who would start at PF. I have a feeling it could be Smith but I have this gut feeling Avery will "Start" Favors and go to the bench early for Hump. I honestly have liked Hump's game this pre-season. He passed on a lot of shots that we all know he would of taken when he had the ball in his hands. I think we will see limited Lee Nailon looks from Hump this year.

As long as Twill limits the jumpshots, he will be an great sixth man for us.

Morrow started to get a rhythm and I think he will look great.

LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!

I think Morrow will be what Lee SHOULD have been.

Glad that guys like Lee and CDR are gone. They didn't even realize that they had such an opportunity here in terms of playing time & making a name for themselves. CDR potentially went to an even worse situation in terms of getting burn. And we see how many minutes Lee played last night.... Oh well. Best of luck to them both.

B-Lo and Morrow will be the new nucleus.

Get rid of Devin!

SHUGES showing his hate/hate relationship with Devin.

Season must be here. lol

Devin named captain and Brook named Co-Captain

Twill is now going by the Nickname "The Mayor"

I am getting excited for this season. Hopefully Proky brings his baby Giraffe. lol.

Morrow...
pimp.gif

Excellent come from behind win for NJ.

989601_o.gif

(will post this after each win)

Back
Top Bottom