Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Do it.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Great win Warriors fans. 3-game streak is looking nice. for the team. It also seems that Lee is getting back to his old form.
This. 

Great win and D Lee definitely looks like his elbow is back to being normal again.  I have to give a special shout to Vlad Rad.  Dude has been playing pretty decent as of late and our X factor D Wright was great last night.  We need Reggie to continue to play as well as he did when Steph was out.  Need that spark plug scorer off the bench.

Oh and i'm glad the Warriors finally decided to assign J Lin to the D League.  Hopefully he can learn more and get more comfortable and then we see from there if he's improved and is NBA ready.

Gonna be a tough one in ATL but let's "Get-Get-Get Ittttttt!"

How do you like the new owner?  I saw him during the Xmas game and all he seemed concerned about was his "investment."

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

mifune. right across from benihana in the shopping center.

Mifune is good stuff.  Anyone know a good ramen house in SF?  Im sure there is probably one in that same shopping center in Jtown.  Anyone?
Genki Ramen ain't bad for something quick. Near USF. Then again, it could be the association with Genki Crepe that hypes it up for me 
pimp.gif

Don't suppose anyone would be interested in my tix vs Cleveland? I'll be in Vegas...c'mon, first home game of the year. You know you want it 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Great win Warriors fans. 3-game streak is looking nice. for the team. It also seems that Lee is getting back to his old form.
This. 

Great win and D Lee definitely looks like his elbow is back to being normal again.  I have to give a special shout to Vlad Rad.  Dude has been playing pretty decent as of late and our X factor D Wright was great last night.  We need Reggie to continue to play as well as he did when Steph was out.  Need that spark plug scorer off the bench.

Oh and i'm glad the Warriors finally decided to assign J Lin to the D League.  Hopefully he can learn more and get more comfortable and then we see from there if he's improved and is NBA ready.

Gonna be a tough one in ATL but let's "Get-Get-Get Ittttttt!"
Don't think anyone should hold their breath on this one. Don't think we'll ever be seeing that guy again.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I saw the T-Wolves this season. I could care less who they play. A warriors game is a warriors game

I went to that game as well. I don't see what's so bad I'm going to see the warriors play, not the other guys. I'll be there on the 7th against the cavs.

I'd almost rather see a bad team play so I can sit closer for cheaper. Seeing those big name players doesn't do much for me as it used to.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

How do you like the new owner?  I saw him during the Xmas game and all he seemed concerned about was his "investment."

If you are talking about co-owner Peter Guber...I really don't care what he has to say.  Joe Lacob is the main co-owner in charge of the organization and Guber is part of the investment.  Lacob will get things done...Hopefully, he makes a deal for Vlad Rad sometime soon and beef up either the front court or the bench.

When I heard that, my reaction was
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
That is exactly why he's co-owner.  To get paid even more.

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
But c'mon...That's all he's worried about? Could've said something along the lines of "I'm hoping for a win".

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
But c'mon...That's all he's worried about? Could've said something along the lines of "I'm hoping for a win".
True...It's pretty much a fact he's going to get his money whether the Warriors win or lose.  

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
True...It's pretty much a fact he's going to get his money whether the Warriors win or lose. 
yeah but it's Guber... you guys know about his track record, right?

Guber is the guy kinda in it for the money, more on the entertainment side of things. Lacob seems like a genuine guy, so far I like what he brings but we'll see what he can do.

I see nothing wrong with them wanting to make money. Obviously they'll make more if this team wins so our interests align.

Originally Posted by What up

What's his track record? And what did the guy say?
Sony lost $3.2 billion by hiring Peter Guber and JonPeters as cochairmen, in theirreign at Columbia Pictures Entertainment, and their equallyshameless colleagues — one former studio insider remembers themall as ''tiny little men in tiny little jeans endlesslyhigh-fiving each other'' — that spiked story on Planet Hollywoodwould probably seem like a wet kiss.

In 1989, after Sony overpaid forColumbia, the company set itself up for what one insider calls''the most public screwing in the history of the business'' bypicking an inexperienced management team. The Sony execs aremade to look like ''the dumbest bastards that ever lived,'' in thewords of one source, by not realizing that Guber and Peters wereunderqualified and would run the studio into the ground withprofligate spending and bombs like Radio Flyer. Though theyappeared to have a great track record as producers, by dint oftheir association with such movies as Batman and Rain Man, thetwo had little hands-on filmmaking experience. ''Their greatestgift was for promotion,'' write Griffin and Masters, ''especiallyself-promotion.''

The good cop/bad cop team of Guberand Peters, who variously schmoozed (Guber) and bullied (Peters)their way to the top. Peters, theonetime hairdresser and Barbra Streisand paramour punched peopleout, jumped on a desk when enraged, and even caused legendarytough chick Dawn Steel to flee in terror when he advanced on herone morning. He was as imperious as he was volatile. When Petersarrived at the studio each day, the seventh-grade dropout hadhis driver call ahead so that a guard would be holding the doorfor him and another staffer would be poised to press theelevator button.
Guber, the smoother and more sedate of the two, was actually, ofcourse, the real killer. The pair frequently attended jointtherapy sessions, sometimes even holding hands. ''I love you,''Peters recalls Guber telling him during one typicallyhypocritical session. ''No, I don't love you — I feel like I'm inlove with you.''
And in the end, Peters' fists were no match for Guber's velvetgloves. When Peters and his antics became too much of aliability for Sony, Guber arranged in 1991 for his partner of 12years to be fired, as if he were dismissing his gardener. Peterslater broke down and wept in front of Guber (who was dumpedhimself in 1994). ''How could you do this?'' he cried.
guber was basically saying that he sacrificed spending christmas in LA so he can oversee his investment, during the in-game interview.

Originally Posted by daprescription

I stop reading when I read "bombs like Radio Flyer". That was one of my favorite movies growing up
mad.gif

Scarface is one of my favorite movies of all time NOW, and it was a box office bomb.  Just sayin....

Do any of you guys have droids? I am curious if there is anyway to edit your music on your phone. Like the names and titles of the songs...

Back
Top Bottom