Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Originally Posted by What up

I don't understand bringing in Wright right now. He's rusty. I don't want to hurt DP's feeling, but he sucks. And you bring him into a game at this juncture?
No feelings hurt.  It's just clear that you weren't watching basketball before he went down. 

Don Nelson hasn't coached a game this season and it's the same old B. Wright.

What does Belinelli have to do with this conversation?

Damnit...Got owned by their bigs tonight.

I just want to go 2-3 on this road trip and i'll be happy.

D Wright tonight though
pimp.gif

Don Nelson coached both. Brandan Wright got hurt and didn't get many minutes while he played for Don Nelson. Marco didn't get minutes with the fat %#*+ and has now actually started getting pt and is playing really well when he left Don Nelson..
Can we see Wright play a little and see if he sucks before making these kind of statements?

I see what you're saying, but he's only getting 12 minutes under Smart. And he never seems to stay healthy. I just don't understand your unwavering faith in the guy. He'll be an average player at best WHEN he finally leaves this team.

And I'm not making excuses for Nelson, but he seemed to be right about Anthony Randolph.  He hasn't won anyone over in New York.  Also Belinelli was playing well here but they couldn't keep Morrow and Marco and for whatever reason (cheaper option?) they decided to keep Morrow. (Can't believe we only got George in return
indifferent.gif
). Shut up, Acid.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

10 point loss isn't bad against a healthy Hawks team.

They played okay tonight but at no point during the game did I see a sense of urgency when they kept trimming the Hawks lead to single digits. The whole team just seemed like they were content to lose because they did not get blown out and were competitive for the most part.

That is not good then if they play like that against playoff contenders. I see Ellis and Curry didn't have a good shooting night. Was the D good or they just shots not falling?

It was a combination of all of that, the Hawks did not allow much dribble penetration towards the end of the 4th. But when the game was still up for grabs they just didn't seem to go all out and make the plays needed to get the win.

Outside of highlights, last night was the first time I got to see what the Warriors have as a team. Even though I'm a Hawks fan I went to the game to see Monta Ellis drop about 35, but the refs weren't having that. Anyways, I think the Warriors are a couple pieces away from contending in the West. They definitely need a veteran defensive minded big man, because without Biedrins last night the Hawks were having a field day inside.I think they also need some legit 4's and 5's, because Lou Amundson and Vlad Rad aren't cutting it. Just my POV as a fan of another team.

Happy New Year!

I don't think Biedrins would have made much of a factor last night anyways. We didn't get killed on the boards, we were -1 in that category, it was just the defensive presence that the Hawks' front line brings that the Warriors never bring. Having Biedrins inside would have not changed the game plan anyways, he would have been not able to produce against Horford, Smith, etc.

Originally Posted by romedadude

Outside of highlights, last night was the first time I got to see what the Warriors have as a team. Even though I'm a Hawks fan I went to the game to see Monta Ellis drop about 35, but the refs weren't having that. Anyways, I think the Warriors are a couple pieces away from contending in the West. They definitely need a veteran defensive minded big man, because without Biedrins last night the Hawks were having a field day inside.I think they also need some legit 4's and 5's, because Lou Amundson and Vlad Rad aren't cutting it. Just my POV as a fan of another team.

Happy New Year!
Sorry Monta couldnt have a typical game out there for you.  He sure is fun to watch when he does.  Good game.  HNY.

Originally Posted by romedadude

Happy New Year!
This.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by acidicality

10 point loss isn't bad against a healthy Hawks team.

You're starting to sound a lot like Bob Fitzgerald.
sick.gif

J/k

I kinda take that as a compliment. 
grin.gif

You shouldnt.
Why not? He has a pretty good resume and seems like an outstanding guy. I guess every play-by-play announcer has their own personality. But that doesn't dictate the teams success or woes. Maybe you can watch the game on mute so you don't have to listen to him. 
[table][tr][td]Bob Fitzgerald
Television Play-by-Play Announcer 

[table][tr][td]
1011_Fitz_200x283.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
RELATED ARTICLES
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
1011_IPFeatured_02.jpg
[/td][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
[*]Jim Barnett's Bio
[*]Tim Roye's Bio
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
1011_IPFeatured_04.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
1011_IPFeatured_05.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]One of the most recognizable sports personalities in the Bay Area, Bob Fitzgerald is currently in his 14th season as television play-by-play announcer for the Warriors. In addition to announcing Warriors games on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Fitzgerald will also continue to maintain an active role on the “Warriors Weekly Radio Show[/td][/tr][/table]

A lot of us don't like him because he's a homer and will always spin things and come up with crazy explanations why the Warriors are losing, especially on his radio show. He's a lot better than a lot of announcers, especially Portland and Boston, and at least he has Barnett who keeps him in check. It's funny when you hear commentary and Barnett tries to keep him in check and Fitz says something like "I know..."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

A lot of us don't like him because he's a homer and will always spin things and come up with crazy explanations why the Warriors are losing, especially on his radio show.
Hence the Biedrins PPG reference.

Dude up there took it literally.

Back
Top Bottom