Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Draw Thread

wait the Host Country always automatically qualifies to play
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

England aint winning !##$. Let the media hype them up as usual.

Who's their 2nd striker? Jermaine Defoe? Emile Heskey? Peter Crouch?
sick.gif

They wont be able to score goals when it matters.
How many goals has Defoe scored for England under Capello? Scores just about every time he comes on I reckon. They use him as a sub and hewreaks havoc on the defence. He's a great option to partner Rooney. They also have the likes of Carlton Cole and Bent who should get a look if theykeep up their blazing form. And to add to that, they have wingers for days (SWP, Milner, Lennon, Young, Walcott, Becks). All of these players can create chances. These are all the weapons at Capello's disposal, but being the Italian tactician he is, he will rely on his solid defence.

^ Crouch's scoring record for England is not bad either (18 in 35) and hes not completely uncoordinated like people sometimes make him out to be...if hegets the right service, there's not much a defender can really do about it except hope to put enough pressure on him to force a miss because nobody isgoing to be able to jump with him...hes not going to play 90 minutes but he can change a game coming on as a sub

id like to see Carlton Cole get a chance to start, this guy is a beast...with Heskey in the lineup Rooney has to do too much work and then theres even morepressure on him to score because thats never been Emile's forte

Pots are really likely to be

Pot 1 - Seeds
Pot 2 - UEFA
Pot 3 - CAF/CONMEBOL
Pot 4 - AFC/NZ/CONCACAF

POT 1:

1. South Africa
2. Brazil
3. Germany
4. Italy
5. Spain
6. England
7. France
8. Argentina

POT 2 :

1. Netherlands
2. Portugal
3. Switzerland
4. Greece
5. Serbia
6. Denmark
7. Slovakia
8. Slovenia

POT 3:

1. Cote d'Ivoire
2. Nigeria
3. Paraguay
4. Chile
5. Ghana
6. Cameroon
7. Uruguay
8. Algeria

POT 4:

Pot 4:
1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Australia
4. Honduras
5. S. Korea
6. Japan
7. N. Korea
8. New Zealand

I have a feeling the US or Mexico are going to get stuck in a very tough group.

Originally Posted by socluis90

im thinking usa is going to be the head of a group, and mexico will end up in a really tough group, or even the death group
ohwell.gif
, all of this because mexico did not head the concacaf qualification
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

im thinking usa is going to be the head of a group, and mexico will end up in a really tough group, or even the death group
ohwell.gif
mad.gif
Huh?

The US are going to be placed in a group with 1 of the 8 teams in "Pot 1".

Best case scenario for any team in Pot's 2, 3, 4 is to be placed in a group with South Africa.

I love when NTers hype the U.S. national team as if they are god's gift to mankind. You're still a 2nd/3rd tier team in the world.

The U.S. team is strong mentally and physically. I've never seen them give up in a match or come out flat after a tough defeat. Their conditioning is greatcompared to other countries. They have a great keeper in Tim Howard. Other than that, the U.S. lack enough talent to make the semis. You cant simply willyourself to victory in the World Cup.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The U.S. team is strong mentally and physically. I've never seen them give up in a match or come out flat after a tough defeat. Their conditioning is great compared to other countries. They have a great keeper in Tim Howard. Other than that, the U.S. lack enough talent to make the semis. You cant simply will yourself to victory in the World Cup.
I think making it out of the group would be par for the course (depending upon the group), quarters would be as far as this team could go in myopinion.

One can only hope that we get lucky and surprise somebody. I still don't know what to make of the Spain victory and Brazil game from the Confed. Cup.

Dream scenario for US.

Group A: South Africa, Slovenia, Algeria, US

Worst case: Brazil, Netherlands, Cote d'ivore, US

I hope we get a good draw, but don't know what Blatter is planning.

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

ohwell.gif
mad.gif
Na man no way US gets a seed unless FIFA radically changes the formula.

Amarus something tells me we might get a group very similar to the worst case scenario you posted. We've gotten tough draws lately, we don't deserveanother one.

Me personally, I want Italy. I !!#$$!# hate that team for some reason and I know we can beat them.

The pots are official:

POT 1- Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, England, Italy, Germany, South Africa

POT 2- USA, Mexico, Honduras, South Korea, North Korea, Japan, Australia, New Zealand

POT 3- Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria

POT 4- France, Portugal, Denmark, Slovenia, Greece, Slovakia, Serbia, Switzerland

Worst case scenario:

USA, Ivory Coast, Portugal, Brazil

Best:

South Africa, Algeria, Serbia, USA <===NOT GONNA HAPPEN lol.

What are your predictions Luis?

I really think South Africa will get North Korea, Uruguay, Slovakia.

USA prediction: Argentina, USA, Algeria, France

Can't wait for Friday.

Worst case scenario:

Best:

i agree for the most part but i would not want to face Serbia..they are stacked defensively with Ivanovic, Vidic and Subotic..then through themidfield they have Dejan Stankovic (Inter) and Milos Krasic as well, everytime ive seen him play he runs circles around the opposition..watch for this kid tobe in the EPL soon, he wants out at CSKA

Worst case scenario:

Best:

I don't think Brazil would be the worst from pot 1 to be in a group with. They have some familiarity with them and will carry someconfidence from the Confed Cup encounter. A squad like Germany though would absolutely punish them, IMO. Worst case would be Germany, England, orHolland.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

What are your predictions Luis?

I really think South Africa will get North Korea, Uruguay, Slovakia.

USA prediction: Argentina, USA, Algeria, France

Can't wait for Friday.

I'm almost positive we're going to get at least one of these (something tells me 2) in our group : Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Portugal, or France.

I just want to play the seeded team last assuming they'll be qualified by then.

I haven't got one "easy" group out of this simulator. It'll be a hard group no matter what.
http://www.record.com.mx/juegos/sorteomundial/sortemundial.php

Back
Top Bottom