OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

562 you have a hatclub membership?
nerd.gif

I was at work getting updates, seeing the replay now on FSN...

Furcal's bomb
eek.gif

Kemp's bomb
eek.gif

Straight crushed those balls. 
smokin.gif

went to the angels game tonight. food is so much better there. halo dog = 
eek.gif
. it would be even better if it had some picante dog in it. 

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

went to the angels game tonight. food is so much better there. halo dog = 
eek.gif
. it would be even better if it had some picante dog in it. 

Told you bout that Halo Dog
smokin.gif

Also the Rubys Garlic parmesan fries are SO MUCH BETTER than any other ball park. Their Camachos nachos !*%% on ours, you actually can identify the ingredients 
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h1]Matt Kemp's benching linked to argument with Dodgers' bench coach[/h1][h2]Teamsources say Kemp objected when Bob Schaefer noted that he hadn't backedup second base on an errant throw. 'It's just between me and Matt, andit's no big deal,' Schaefer says.[/h2][h2]DODGERS FYI[/h2]
July 01, 2010|By Dylan Hernandez

The benching of Matt Kemp this week resulted in part from an argument he had with bench coach Bob Schaefer on Saturday, according to team sources.

In the first inning of the 9-4 victory over the New York Yankees that day, Derek Jeterdrew a leadoff walk and stole second base. Because Kemp wasn't backingup the bag, Jeter was able to advance to third base when catcher Russell Martin made an errant throw.

pixel.gif

Advertisement

pixel.gif

When Schaefer later reminded Kemp of what he should have done on theplay, Kemp responded by saying that he was playing too deep to getthere in time. Schaefer told him said that regardless, his duty was tocharge in as soon as Martin let go of the ball. That prompted Kemp totell Schaefer to leave him alone.

The point Schaefer tried tomake has been made repeatedly by Dodgers coaches, who think Martinwouldn't have seven errors if Kemp followed their instructions.

Manager Joe Torrekept Kemp out of the lineup for three consecutive games, startingSunday. Kemp started on Wednesday, but Torre acknowledged that mightnot have happened had Kemp not approached him to clear the air.

Kemp has denied he had a confrontation with any member of the coachingstaff. Torre refused to comment when asked if Kemp blew up at a coachon Saturday, as was first reported by mlb.com.

Reached onThursday, Schaefer didn't have much to say. "It's just between me andMatt, and it's no big deal," he said. "I was trying to make him betterand he's better now." Jokingly, he added, "With a little bit of rest,he's improved."

Manny update

Manny Ramirezis officially listed as day to day, but it is thought "unlikely" thathe will be put on the disabled list because of a strained righthamstring, said a source with knowledge of the situation who spoke onthe condition of anonymity because no decision has been made. Ramirezunderwent an MRI exam in Phoenix that showed inflammation in hishamstring, as was expected.

Nonetheless, the Dodgers held Xavier Paul out of their triple-A lineup on Thursday in case they decide to sideline Ramirez, who was hurt on the basepaths Saturday.

Short hops

Ramirez has donated a 1994 911 Porsche Turbo 3.6 to the Dodgers' ThinkCure charity, which will auction the car on EBay. Visit http://www.thinkcure.org/manny for details.... Cory Wade, who is recovering from shoulder surgery, was outrighted to triple-A Albuquerque and removed from the 40-man roster.

I'm really itching to start a blog,
laugh.gif

The idea of trading Martin has been floated plenty of times, however it doesn't make sense since we traded away his replacement in 2008 (Carlos Santana). 

You can't just unload a catcher, plus it will be hard to get one back.  AJ Ellis as our catcher...no thanks.

The idea of trading Matt Kemp is foolish, and the notion of trading Kemp to get Crawford...talk about  counting your chickens before they hatch. 
laugh.gif

There's a team in New York with a fat paycheck that will be looking for Crawford to be their center fielder.

Frank McCourt is broke!

It's only a matter of time before Kim Ng and Logan White land a more prominent front office position.  I hope Frank sells the team before the entire front office infrastructure falls apart.  I think they should find a way to bring Josh Byrnes on board as some type of consultant.

The obvious move here would be to fire Ned after the season

But hey, we're the Dodgers, obvious becomes oblivious here

lineup:
Furcal, SS
Kemp, CF
Ethier, RF
Loney, 1B
Blake, 3B
Anderson, LF
Martin, C
DeWitt, 2B
Kuroda, P

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Then again, there is very little direction in the front office.

Ned Colletti was named as one of the toughest GM's to deal with for this reason: "When you're talking to him, it feels like you're dealing with five different people, and you don't know whether it's the owner, the scouting director or the manager who really holds the power"
tired.gif

I really like the thought of Josh Byrnes in the front office, but some other team with deeper pockets will scoop him up. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Then again, there is very little direction in the front office.
And this here is all that needs to be said about this franchise.

We're the FOX Franchise all over again, in a new decade...

As Chris Young hits the %$%% out of the ball deom our own walking tattoo expo
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom