Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Last season left us with a bittersweet feeling in our mouths when it came to an end. We had a breakout year from Pablo Sandoval. Another Cy Young for Tim Lincecum. Randy Johnson ends his career with 303 wins. Johnathan Sanchez hurls a no-hitter.

Notable Transactions
Oct. 31, 2009 - Freddy Sanchez re-signs for 2-years/$12 million
Dec. 29, 2009 - Mark DeRosa signs for 2-years/$12 million
Jan. 5, 2010 - Juan Uribe re-signs for 1-year/$3.25 million
Jan. 13, 2010 - Aubrey Huff signs for 1-year/$3 million
Jan. 19, 2010 - Johnathan Sanchez avoids arbitration, signs for 1-year/$2.1 million
Jan. 22, 2010 - Bengie Molina re-signs for 1-year/$4.5 million
Jan. 30, 2010 - Brian Wilson avoids arbitration, signs 1-year/$4.4 million
Feb. 12, 2010 - Tim Lincecum avoids arbitration, signs 2-years/$23 million

Let's get this going and hope for a big year from our San Francisco Giants!
rs5xty.gif
rjk57d.gif

We'll see if the offense truly is improved. Call me a pessimist. Regardless, cant wait for the season to start.
pimp.gif

I'm optimistic about the season, but yet I'm realistic. The Giants were overachieved last year to get 88 wins. I think the win total will be something very close to that number given the minor upgrades.

laugh.gif

Lurking for a minute, but a new Giants thread deserves a cameo.
laugh.gif

Does it make any sense that the Front Office thinks Bumgarner is ready for the fifth spot, but Posey can't catch a break over Bengie??

[h3]Giants get mixed injury news[/h3]Sanchez's shoulder improving; Ishikawa has ailing foot

By Chris Haft / MLB.com
02/17/10 1:41 PM EST

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Injury-related developments dominated the scene atGiants camp Wednesday, and the news was definitely mixed.

Second baseman Freddy Sanchez said that his surgically repaired leftshoulder was healing ahead of schedule. Sanchez noted that he might beable to begin taking ground balls this week. But Sanchez, who had beenexpected to miss the Giants' season opener April 5 at Houston, remainedunsure whether he'd be ready to play by then.

First baseman Travis Ishikawa tore two ligaments in his left foot in amishap at home three weeks ago and probably won't participate inworkouts until early March. Ishikawa, who hurt himself by slippingwhile descending a stairway, described the injury as an extreme case of"turf toe."

Ishikawa said that he'll be re-examined on Feb. 26, adding that surgeryis a possibility if the tears don't heal properly. That would sidelineIshikawa, who's expected to be San Francisco's backup first baseman,for three months. Naturally, he hopes and expects to avoid an operation.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

Originally Posted by dland24

We'll see if the offense truly is improved. Call me a pessimist. Regardless, cant wait for the season to start.
pimp.gif

I like that we actually MADE moves in the offseason this year.....I just dont know if they will work out.  If all the pieces fall together, we could be a good team....I am just not holding my breath. 

Back
Top Bottom