Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

hold that thought

Todd_Wright

Sounds like the Giants just got the HR leader in MLB (Jose Bautista) right at the deadline from the Jays. Standby..

edit:
Todd_Wright
Source just told me the Giants did NOT get the deal done for Bautista. Too bad.

looks like Bowker was part of the deal along with Martinez

Looked a lot better when only Joe was being reported, but I'm sort of glad Bowker is gone to a team which will let him get a shot.
I still believe he can be a .275, 25 HR kind of player, but thats just me

What pisses me off is that padres GM was able to get ludwick for relatively nothing by involving a 3rd team
mad.gif

Great comeback. 20 wins in the month of July with numerous clutch 2-out hits. Hopefully they can keep this up and the bullpen gets healthy quickly
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

hankschulman

Just heard Corey Hart to Giants might be resurrected at the last minute. J. Bautista/Kelly Johnson/S. Downs also in play
LOL.

Franchise, what are you getting signed at Lefty's?

Probably a road authentic. New avy?
laugh.gif

Losers
sfo.gif
San Francisco Giants. Blockbuster alert! Javier Lopez(notes) goes to San Francisco from Pittsburgh! Same with Ramon Ramirez(notes)! The good one, too! Gavin Newsom to pass proclamation naming July 31 the city’s official Javier Lopez Day! Then comes the renaming of the Embarcadero as the Ramonramirezo! Hip-hip hooray!

(Now, really: This is a Giants team with the sort of starting pitching depth that begged for a deal. Whether it was Jose Bautista or Corey Hart or any other big bat, the Giants needed to wave goodbye to Jonathan Sanchez(notes). The emergence of Madison Bumgarner(notes) has allowed them to make such a trade, and yet here the Giants are, in the same place they’ve been the last few years: lots of pitching, not enough hitting and the weight of their world resting on Tim Lincecum(notes) and his diminished velocity, plus Matt Cain(notes). Another missed opportunity for GM Brian Sabean. )

(Hey. Look on the bright side. At least he got, uh, a couple middle relievers.)

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I disagree with that. I was perfectly fine with the moves Sabean made yesterday.
Same here. I wanted bullpen arms and that's what we got.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

if sanchez was dealt, who would have been the 5th starter?
Todd Wellemeyer, of course.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]C. Kershaw LAD
8180.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]10-5[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.96[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]138[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]106[/td] [/tr][tr][td]56[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]49[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.22[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.15[/td][/tr][/table]

i agree, we didn't need to send any of our starters to go get a bat... sanchez has been getting better each year, if his control keeps improving and bumgarner keeps doing what he's doing we will arguably have the best starting rotation in the league next year... i wanted to try to get scott downs or wil ohman, but this lopez guy should be good enough until affeldt and runzler get healthy. runzler made quick progress and should be back for our next homestand...

sure i would have loved to adam dunn or jose bautista, but our starting rotation is the reason why we're good, and i dont think it would have been worth it to turn us into an average pitching staff by giving up bum or sanchez

Torres RF
Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Posey C
Sandoval 3B
Burrell LF
Rowand CF
Renteria SS
Cain P

Anyone know if there is anything wrong with Uribe?

Joe Morgan is god damn awful. I'd rather listen to Vin Scully ramble on and on about nothing.

I just want to point out the absurdity (maybe it's just me) that surrounds sanchez.
You guys do realize he is a 4/5th starter right? And at that, a HIGHLY inconsistent one.
I'm WAYYYYYYYYYYY over the love fest for the guy. At what point do you accept what he is?
Next year when he's 10-11? when his trade value is completely non-existent?
I'm not even certain than when his contract is up, he will even get resigned.

Hypothetically speaking...say we make it to the playoffs.
Would you rather have sanchez's arm or a HR hitter, like Dunn or Bautista (regardless how fluke of a season he probably is having)?

I like listening to Joe Morgan. When I think of Sunday Night Baseball, I think of Morgan and Miller... but that explanation of the backfoot in the batter's box was absolutely terrible.
laugh.gif

ESPN has these "staples" like Joe Morgan and Chris Berman. Doesn't mean they're pleasant to watch/listen to. Plently of young talent out there that could be more entertaining.

I agree that Sachez is who he is - a #4 starter who has flashes of brilliance and even more flashes of inconsistency. However when teams are asking for the moon, you hang up the $*%*##% phone.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I just want to point out the absurdity (maybe it's just me) that surrounds sanchez.
You guys do realize he is a 4/5th starter right? And at that, a HIGHLY inconsistent one.
I'm WAYYYYYYYYYYY over the love fest for the guy. At what point do you accept what he is?
Next year when he's 10-11? when his trade value is completely non-existent?
I'm not even certain than when his contract is up, he will even get resigned.

Hypothetically speaking...say we make it to the playoffs.
Would you rather have sanchez's arm or a HR hitter, like Dunn or Bautista (regardless how fluke of a season he probably is having)?
We have to make the playoffs first. I'm just saying.

Back
Top Bottom