Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Yuku.
30t6p3b.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]C. Zambrano ChC
6559.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]12-10[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]9-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.08[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]163[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]99[/td] [/tr][tr][td]58[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]57[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.10[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.51[/td][/tr][/table]
Ross cf
Sanchez 2b
Huff 1b
Posey c
Burrell lf
Guillen rf
Sandoval 3b
Uribe ss
Cain p

We've seen this story waaaayyy too many times. Cain throws fantastic but our offense stinks it up and we lose 1-0, 2-0, etc

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]R. Wells ChC
8160.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]11-8[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]7-13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.21[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]188[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]136[/td] [/tr][tr][td]85[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]58[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.23[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.42[/td][/tr][/table]
Ross CF
F Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Posey C
Burrell LF
Guillen RF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
J Sanchez SP

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Torres aims to return this weekend[/h1]Center fielder Andres Torres has a goal that might be folly in the medical world but makes complete sense in baseball: He wants to play in this weekend's series at Colorado, less than two weeks after his appendectomy.
"I'm going to try to do my best," Torres said Tuesday after he swung at some soft-toss in the batting cage at Wrigley Field. He also is running, and shagged flyballs during batting practice, saying he feels good overall, aside from soreness at the incision point when he swings a bat.

"It depends how I feel," he said. "We're working hard, but we have to wait to let this heal. Hopefully by the end of the week, it will feel better."

The Giants would welcome their leadoff hitter's return any time. They have struggled to manufacture runs since his Sept. 13 surgery. Manager Bruce Bochy continues to express hope that Torres can help in Denver.

"As hard as he's working, I wouldn't rule it out," Bochy said. "It depends how the next couple of days go, where he's at. But we have to assume he won't be available."

Just one time: Rookie Darren Ford has heard the name Herb Washington, saying correctly, "He was a pinch-runner who never got an at-bat."

Indeed, Washington was a sprint star whom Charlie Finley signed to be a designated runner for the A's. He appeared in 38 regular-season and postseason games in 1974 and '75 without getting to the plate.

Ford essentially has had the same role for the Giants. He has played two innings in center field but has not had an at-bat.

"I'll get him one," Bochy promised.

Ford came close Sunday. He was on deck when the bottom of the eighth inning ended and said, "I was nervous for a second, but the fans gave me a little cheer. That made me a little more comfortable."

Briefly: Bochy said shortstop Edgar Renteria's sore right elbow is "just OK," leaving his status up in the air. ... According to Elias, Jose Guillen did not have two bases-loaded hits in the same major-league game until Sunday, the 1,638th of his career.

Back
Top Bottom