Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

afihoahfoiahiofh

You can call Vince weak or injury prone... but you can never say that he isn't clutch.

That was a deflating way to loss, but to me...was the definition of a moral victory. 
We finally looked smooth and organized playing together, rough start but I'm very confident in the Mavs going forward. Especially when our 2nd unit gets it together.

The defense is still awful, especially on the perimeter, and I'm not even talking about them letting KD get open for that shot. OKC shot 58% on the 2nd night of a back-to-back 
30t6p3b.gif

OKC also has the same exact rotation/roster that they had last year. We have how many new guys in our rotation? Like five? Six?

There isn't a single guy in their rotation who we didn't see in May.

With this team we just need to time gel. Do we look terrible? Absolutely. We're out of shape. But our defense should be okay, as long as Haywood stays healthy. When he was in the game, we were a LOT better. Ian in the game, we were basura. Sean needs more run. I don't care if he's raw, I don't care if he's out of shape, in the very limited minutes we saw, he was really good. His -10 is deceiving because of the guys he was playing with. He grabbed just as many boards as Ian Mahinmi did in 1/5 the time. Our backup Center can't be getting 2 rebounds man, that's pathetic. I was never high on Ian, he's a decent athlete, but so is Sean, and he's better. He's better rebounding, and he's a shot-blocker.

Time, it's all we need. Two weeks of training camp wasn't enough. Getting Lamar through like three practices wasn't enough. We can already see Delonte starting to fit in.

Rick won't let our defense slack for too long.

We finally got a W. I'm taking advantage of this free league pass while I can.
pimp.gif

Lamar Odom is a FA after this season, right? I wonder if he'll just leave or we'll use him as trade bait. It doesn't seem like he wants to be here and him not playing much isn't helping.

Odom 
indifferent.gif

Is it just me or does Dirk look like he has lost a step. The shots he is making right now look so much more difficult than they have in the past. I hope it is because he took a break in the off season and is slowly working back into shape and routine. Not really worried right now though, expect him to do whatever it takes to get back to form.

Why even be excited...they seem to be treating the first two months like one long training camp/preseason. This stuff isn't even watchable right now because it's just a bunch of old dudes jogging around the court and they're not getting wins. There is the occasional Mahinmi/Williams highlight but there's really not much else to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom