Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

I'm going to say its a combination of Dirk putting it all on the line last year and the past off-season for him having it look like he has lost a step.

Hopefully this solid effort tonight is the start of something good for the Mavs 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

finally beat the Thunder.

Where the hell are all the Mavs fans on here?!?!?

That's what I'm saying 
laugh.gif
. I think the Mavs in general (champions or not champions) are one of the most unpopular teams in pro sports. 

Mark Cuban irked by NBA's scheduling

Cuban's New Gripe
Taking A Step Back
Mavs Roll Thunder, 100-87
Wolves Top Mavs For 1st Win
DALLAS -- The NBA didn't do it so Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban took scheduling the traditional championship trip to the White House into his own hands.

The Mavs will visit President Barack Obama next Monday prior to a two-game road trip at Detroit and Boston. Cuban said he was appalled when the NBA released the condensed, 66-game schedule after the lockout and a trip to play the Washington Wizards was not on the schedule.

Cuban said he didn't bother to call the league to complain, but rather asked team CEO Terdema Ussery to call the White House.

I figured I'd do it myself since the league wasn't smart enough to figure it out. How can you be that stupid? All you've got to do is when you're putting in the scheduling software, say Dallas at Washington, yes.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

finally beat the Thunder.

Where the hell are all the Mavs fans on here?!?!?

Mavs fan checking in. i was pissed that we gave up 6 points to mistakes/turnovers last night but we still got the W
pimp.gif

unpopular team? Really?

I mean I guess the Cowboys own Dallas fan base, and having a few Texas based teams doesn't help...but there were like 15-20 Mavs fans here last year

^^DallasBasketball.com and MavsMoneyBall.com

Mahinmi is really improving. He's not a liability like Haywood on offense and he isn't a great shotblocker or rebounder but he could develop into a good team defender. I really don't get the Yi signing...I don't see him breaking into the rotation and helping us. It seems to be:

Kidd
West/Terry
Marion/Carter
Dirk/Odom
Haywood/Mahinmi

Those are the guys that will be playing every game, we're already deep at forward

Delonte is better than JJ and just as crazy as The Goon.

He's my favorite pickup of the offseason.

I still don't like Odom but I see actually see Vince putting in work.

Ian has been really impressive here early on...he coulda been a product of a guy just never getting the chance to come off the bench

Just found this out from the Mavs broadcast...Vince Carter before the game, takes the powder, pours it onto the scorers table, and then writes a word or picture then brushes it away, he's never told anyone what it is

I'm always here.
nerd.gif

Man, I still don't know, if VC is good for us or not. Some of the shots he takes make me cringe.

Odom doesn't even look like he's trying. Not that it really matters, but I don't think he's even tweeted since he got traded.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

^^DallasBasketball.com and MavsMoneyBall.com

Mahinmi is really improving. He's not a liability like Haywood on offense and he isn't a great shotblocker or rebounder but he could develop into a good team defender. I really don't get the Yi signing...I don't see him breaking into the rotation and helping us. It seems to be:

Kidd
West/Terry
Marion/Carter
Dirk/Odom
Haywood/Mahinmi

Those are the guys that will be playing every game, we're already deep at forward
Man, I'm shocked at how good Delonte has been. His facilitation still isn't on-point, but that's hard for a mediocre distributor to gel right away. But as far as him creating his own shot? God he's lightyears ahead of any of our young kids. I hope we can keep him around longer than this year on the cheap. Once he starts to figure out how to get our other guys involved, he's going to be really good for us, he may make us not even miss JJ at all. JJ was really nice with his flopping, but at least Delonte can play legitimate defense on guys, and I'm shocked at how easy he gets to the hoop. He creates the contact, and is very able around the rim. He's the best finisher at the rim we've seen from a guard since probably Steve came into town years ago. Maybe this is just his early success getting to me, but sign me up for more.

Yes, Ian has grown a lot, but he still has a lot more growing to do. He still shows flashes of being very raw at times. If you are ballsy enough, sit in front of him, you'll draw the charge 9 times out of 10. He's much better in the post, and he's been applying him self on crashing the board. He still does enough dumb crap on the floor to piss me off.

Who I'm more impressed with in our front-court is Haywood. He's been playing DAMN good. Not as good as Tyson, but he's not the same kind of Center as Tyson has been. Maybe I'm delusional, but it seems like Haywood has been much more involved on the offensive glass than Tyson was. Tyson had a much skinnier frame, but since Haywood is bigger, it seems much easier for him to get position and grab boards, especially against smaller teams like the Suns. He's working hard on both ends, and that's all we can really ask from him. He's got a hefty !*! contract, but it's not like he's fallen completely off the face of the earth. He was playing well for us when we traded for him, we extended him, THEN we got Tyson. Tyson was obviously the go-to guy, as his lateral quickness and him being the linchpin to the zone was key for us. Haywood will get it done as an individual defender, and if he can just start getting more of those chippies in, he's good to go.

Same with Marion man, he's missed so many chippies it's ridiculous.

I really liked what we saw out of Sean Williams in the very limited time we saw out of him, I hope we do in the case someone goes down, I really like his potential. He tries hard on defense, he battles for rebounds, and he's probably the best option we have for a big-man on offense.

Dirk is terribly out of shape still. I wouldn't be surprised if he's knees are starting to give way on him ala Tim Duncan. I know he's getting up there in age, but the past few years, if the ball isn't above or near his waist and it's passed to him, 90% of the time it's getting picked off. It's like he can't bend down past his knees. I know it's just that he's not as young as he used to be, but he looks a lot different this year. You can tell he's out of shape. He's getting winded, he's jacking up a lot of shots he normally doesn't take, he just doesn't look fresh out there like he did so often last year.

Odom and Vince are still question marks for me. One game Vince will be good, and now tonight Odom was pretty good. What I'm hoping for is that they can be good together. Both have pretty good hands for being front-court players, with the ability to pass the ball. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, because I'm just now realizing how short this season is.
laugh.gif

Kidd's a fossil, I know he won't retire until he can't play anymore.
laugh.gif

good game lastnight
pimp.gif
seening Nash play lastnight reminds me of when he was a with the Mavs

good win last night.

I think we are all waiting for Odom to put together a 20 pt game and show us what he is...this is getting frustrating

i just hope they can get it together and start playing like true champs. i know were missing some players from last year but the ones we have arent playing like they should. is it just me or is Dirk game off since he has return. hope we get the W tonight. lets go MAVS!

Hate the Spurs more than any other team, lets run these fools out the building. No Manu so lets get a big win

Dudes talking grimmey.

Just make the playoffs and its a new season word to the 99 knicks

This lock out went down at the worse time for the mavs.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

l:wow:l so called "champs"...you see the banners up there in the at&t center? SPURS still run texas when it comes to nba ball.

This dude talking like we the favorites to win it and didn't actually it
laugh.gif

There's a banner up @####:

http://
longdogdealwithit.gif

rough loss, just pathetic...Dirk came out and said the quick turn around for games is bothering him

Back
Top Bottom