Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

that rule is ridiculous then. On every level you aren't allowed to just get up with the ball. I don't even see people doing that in a pick up game

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Dallas has to get this win tonight, I think Carlisle will use less of the zone today, he saw how Dallas got beat on the 3's and I think we will see less of it.

He shouldn't expect LeBron/Wade to combine for 7 free throw attempts again in that case.

Dallas has to get this win tonight, I think Carlisle will use less of the zone today, he saw how Dallas got beat on the 3's and I think we will see less of it.

He shouldn't expect LeBron/Wade to combine for 7 free throw attempts again in that case.

question for both the miami and dallas fans. a few people i know looked at me crazy when i told them i had no real plans to watch tonights game or sundays game since i have plans for tonight and im going to a mets game sunday. dudes looked at me like i was crazy talkin about "this is the nba finals, you should be watching it" i told them that since my team isn't in it, i don't have the same interest in it, dudes kept at it though talkin about how their teams weren't in it but they were still hyped up for the finals.

is it really that big of a deal or were they reaching. i mean quite frankly i wouldn't expect a dallas or miami fan to have gone out of their way to watch the finals last year and i wouldn't be suprised or shocked at them either, since their team wasn't in it, so why go out of your way to watch.

hopefully it's a good game tonight and dallas makes things interesting by going back home 1-1

question for both the miami and dallas fans. a few people i know looked at me crazy when i told them i had no real plans to watch tonights game or sundays game since i have plans for tonight and im going to a mets game sunday. dudes looked at me like i was crazy talkin about "this is the nba finals, you should be watching it" i told them that since my team isn't in it, i don't have the same interest in it, dudes kept at it though talkin about how their teams weren't in it but they were still hyped up for the finals.

is it really that big of a deal or were they reaching. i mean quite frankly i wouldn't expect a dallas or miami fan to have gone out of their way to watch the finals last year and i wouldn't be suprised or shocked at them either, since their team wasn't in it, so why go out of your way to watch.

hopefully it's a good game tonight and dallas makes things interesting by going back home 1-1

i would watch the finals if it was the bobcats and twolves.

but i know a good amount of people that don't care of their team isn't playing. I was more hyped for lakers/celtics tho

but i know a good amount of people that don't care of their team isn't playing. I was more hyped for lakers/celtics tho

Out of Bounce.
pimp.gif

If Dallas rebounds better they win Game 1. Nevermind the open shots they missed that they've knocked down all series, nevermind LeBron and Chalmers going bonkers from 3, nevermind Terry on LeBron...

If Dallas keeps Miami from having second and third shots on the offensive end, they win. They've got to rebound better.

And why would Carlisle come out of the zone? If we get beat from the 3 point line, I think you can live with that.

Originally Posted by DubA169

that's how it's been for me ever since jordan retired. i wasn't a bulls fan but i watched those finals with mike in them because i was a fan of him. 

don't get me wrong, i'll check the score tonight from time to time, and if i don't go out until later then i expected, i'll watch parts of the game, but it's not something i'd go out of my way for.   i just thought it was funny because dudes i knew really looked at me like i was crazy when i told them, watching this years finals wasn't a priority of mine.    nothing against dallas or miami,  im just not a fan of those teams.

If Dallas rebounds better they win Game 1. Nevermind the open shots they missed that they've knocked down all series, nevermind LeBron and Chalmers going bonkers from 3, nevermind Terry on LeBron...

If Dallas keeps Miami from having second and third shots on the offensive end, they win. They've got to rebound better.

And why would Carlisle come out of the zone? If we get beat from the 3 point line, I think you can live with that.

Originally Posted by DubA169

that's how it's been for me ever since jordan retired. i wasn't a bulls fan but i watched those finals with mike in them because i was a fan of him. 

don't get me wrong, i'll check the score tonight from time to time, and if i don't go out until later then i expected, i'll watch parts of the game, but it's not something i'd go out of my way for.   i just thought it was funny because dudes i knew really looked at me like i was crazy when i told them, watching this years finals wasn't a priority of mine.    nothing against dallas or miami,  im just not a fan of those teams.

i mean i would look at you crazy too. but that's just me. especially with the lockout coming, i will take as much basketball as possible

i mean i would look at you crazy too. but that's just me. especially with the lockout coming, i will take as much basketball as possible

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

And the 12 FTs from Bosh either.

And the Zone was ABSOLUTELY fine. If you think otherwise, you're not paying attention to the game. We got outrebounded in the zone, we would have been outrebounded in just about every way. We just gotta make sure we keep them off the offensive glass.

As Nowitness said... They beat us in the threes. That happens, you tip your hat and say good game. How many open threes did we miss? I don't even want to re-watch and count, but it was a ton. How many of those JJ Barea layups? A ton. Those shots Dirk usually makes? Quite a few.

These weren't well-contested either. A lot of them, we just blew. Jitters, anxiety, call it whatever. They absolutely played great D on us at times, but at other times, we just missed shots.

We just have to keep the floor spaced out. That's the key. Dirk wasn't on, our other shooters weren't on, there was no spacing. They figured out we were missing too many shots, so they didn't have to space so much. Best believe if Barea hits half of those gimmes, and Peja hits his threes, the floor would have been a LOT more open.

And yep, if it were the Rockets and Nets I'd watch. I love basketball, regardless if my team isn't in it. I was going hard last season for the Celtics to win it, almost as much as I am this year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

And the 12 FTs from Bosh either.

And the Zone was ABSOLUTELY fine. If you think otherwise, you're not paying attention to the game. We got outrebounded in the zone, we would have been outrebounded in just about every way. We just gotta make sure we keep them off the offensive glass.

As Nowitness said... They beat us in the threes. That happens, you tip your hat and say good game. How many open threes did we miss? I don't even want to re-watch and count, but it was a ton. How many of those JJ Barea layups? A ton. Those shots Dirk usually makes? Quite a few.

These weren't well-contested either. A lot of them, we just blew. Jitters, anxiety, call it whatever. They absolutely played great D on us at times, but at other times, we just missed shots.

We just have to keep the floor spaced out. That's the key. Dirk wasn't on, our other shooters weren't on, there was no spacing. They figured out we were missing too many shots, so they didn't have to space so much. Best believe if Barea hits half of those gimmes, and Peja hits his threes, the floor would have been a LOT more open.

And yep, if it were the Rockets and Nets I'd watch. I love basketball, regardless if my team isn't in it. I was going hard last season for the Celtics to win it, almost as much as I am this year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

But there lies the problem, no? You want to play zone, in order to get the Heat shooting outside shots. If the hit then %+*! it, the better team won that day. But at the same time, you aren't going to rebound better and stop them from getting second chance shots by staying in the zone. Playing large streches of man plays in to the Heat's favor and but @ the same time allows Dallas to crash the boards much more. So what do you do?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

But there lies the problem, no? You want to play zone, in order to get the Heat shooting outside shots. If the hit then %+*! it, the better team won that day. But at the same time, you aren't going to rebound better and stop them from getting second chance shots by staying in the zone. Playing large streches of man plays in to the Heat's favor and but @ the same time allows Dallas to crash the boards much more. So what do you do?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

I feel you. For the past 10 years outside of players or wanting to see a specific team lose or for "stories" I really liked the finals haven't always mattered much to me. I don't have to watch it live. Just catch the constant highlights ESPN and NBAtv will show and then the playbacks. for the next day.

I didn't catch much of that last Spurs championship finals. The playoffs always seem to be way more entertaining.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

I feel you. For the past 10 years outside of players or wanting to see a specific team lose or for "stories" I really liked the finals haven't always mattered much to me. I don't have to watch it live. Just catch the constant highlights ESPN and NBAtv will show and then the playbacks. for the next day.

I didn't catch much of that last Spurs championship finals. The playoffs always seem to be way more entertaining.

If I only watched the finals when my team was in it I would never watch the NBA finals. Fans of winning franchises have no idea how good they have it.

If I only watched the finals when my team was in it I would never watch the NBA finals. Fans of winning franchises have no idea how good they have it.

Back
Top Bottom