Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

We got killed on the glass and missed a lot of shots we have made regularly since the playoffs started... We got beat by 8. It wasn't a badly officiated game. It was a pretty poor showing from both teams, actually. The Heat just made that one run down the stretch of the 3rd and into the beginning of the 4th that gave them enough cushion to sustain Dallas' one last run in the middle of the 4th... It happens. It's a game of runs and Miami made the biggest one of the night.

There's not a whole lot you could really take away from that game, I don't think. Neither team played well for most of it. If you came away from that with any sort of firm decision on which way the series is gonna go, I don't think you watched the same game I did.

We got killed on the glass and missed a lot of shots we have made regularly since the playoffs started... We got beat by 8. It wasn't a badly officiated game. It was a pretty poor showing from both teams, actually. The Heat just made that one run down the stretch of the 3rd and into the beginning of the 4th that gave them enough cushion to sustain Dallas' one last run in the middle of the 4th... It happens. It's a game of runs and Miami made the biggest one of the night.

There's not a whole lot you could really take away from that game, I don't think. Neither team played well for most of it. If you came away from that with any sort of firm decision on which way the series is gonna go, I don't think you watched the same game I did.

Originally Posted by dreClark

But there lies the problem, no? You want to play zone, in order to get the Heat shooting outside shots. If the hit then %+*! it, the better team won that day. But at the same time, you aren't going to rebound better and stop them from getting second chance shots by staying in the zone. Playing large streches of man plays in to the Heat's favor and but @ the same time allows Dallas to crash the boards much more. So what do you do?
It's not that hard to rebound out of a zone... More difficult, sure, but most of the rebounds they gave up were Chandler and Dirk not putting a body on Bosh or Anthony when they were standing in the paint the whole possession... It ain't hard to turn and put a body on those dudes...

If the rebounds were coming out long to Bron or Wade over Terry/Barea, sure, that's a schematic issue that you can't do anything about... But getting worked over by Bosh and Anthony when you're standing by them for a whole possession was just lazy... Chandler was especially bad about being in position Tuesday night.

Originally Posted by dreClark

But there lies the problem, no? You want to play zone, in order to get the Heat shooting outside shots. If the hit then %+*! it, the better team won that day. But at the same time, you aren't going to rebound better and stop them from getting second chance shots by staying in the zone. Playing large streches of man plays in to the Heat's favor and but @ the same time allows Dallas to crash the boards much more. So what do you do?
It's not that hard to rebound out of a zone... More difficult, sure, but most of the rebounds they gave up were Chandler and Dirk not putting a body on Bosh or Anthony when they were standing in the paint the whole possession... It ain't hard to turn and put a body on those dudes...

If the rebounds were coming out long to Bron or Wade over Terry/Barea, sure, that's a schematic issue that you can't do anything about... But getting worked over by Bosh and Anthony when you're standing by them for a whole possession was just lazy... Chandler was especially bad about being in position Tuesday night.

To add to that, we were competitive for three quarters, and in that last quarter, they made the plays, and we didn't. Again, tip your hat, and move on.

If tonight we show that we can't compete for four quarters, time to change the gameplan, but the ball didn't roll our way last game. Snobbish fans can boast how we're done and how we have no chance, but just be happy your team came away with the W. They won on their home court, they took care of business.

Now if we split tonight? And go back home with the opportunity to go back to Miami in a week 3-2? You gotta take it.

That starts tonight. We gotta get the W. It's not the end of the world if we lose, but it's damn close to it.

We just gotta play every quarter like it's our last. Be efficient, and swift.

A lot of those rebounds we just got outhustled on. They wanted it more. We could have grabbed the boards, but didn't.

Tyson Chandler is a far better rebounder than grabbing four. I'd go as far to say that it was a fluke. We missed some that we could have grabbed, and there were some that just didn't roll our way.

It's a different game tonight. Start 0-0. We have to get it done.

To add to that, we were competitive for three quarters, and in that last quarter, they made the plays, and we didn't. Again, tip your hat, and move on.

If tonight we show that we can't compete for four quarters, time to change the gameplan, but the ball didn't roll our way last game. Snobbish fans can boast how we're done and how we have no chance, but just be happy your team came away with the W. They won on their home court, they took care of business.

Now if we split tonight? And go back home with the opportunity to go back to Miami in a week 3-2? You gotta take it.

That starts tonight. We gotta get the W. It's not the end of the world if we lose, but it's damn close to it.

We just gotta play every quarter like it's our last. Be efficient, and swift.

A lot of those rebounds we just got outhustled on. They wanted it more. We could have grabbed the boards, but didn't.

Tyson Chandler is a far better rebounder than grabbing four. I'd go as far to say that it was a fluke. We missed some that we could have grabbed, and there were some that just didn't roll our way.

It's a different game tonight. Start 0-0. We have to get it done.

I'd take my chances with the zone again.

If LeBron and Wade combine for seven threes, then so be it. Same with Chalmers and Miller.

I'd take my chances with the zone again.

If LeBron and Wade combine for seven threes, then so be it. Same with Chalmers and Miller.

I'd stay with the zone but just like with team USA the more Miami sees the zone the less effective it will be. Balance is the key, in fact, I would use the zone almost exclusively in late game situations.

I'd stay with the zone but just like with team USA the more Miami sees the zone the less effective it will be. Balance is the key, in fact, I would use the zone almost exclusively in late game situations.

And Bibby missed like for too though. Tonight it will be James Jones, Mike Miller, and LeBron taking those threes, not Mario Chalmers and Mike Bibby.

We just have to come out and compete.

Case and point, Haywood had 7 rebounds in 14 minutes. Tyson had 4 in 33 minutes. Tyson isn't a bad rebounder, it just didn't happen for him Tuesday.

And Bibby missed like for too though. Tonight it will be James Jones, Mike Miller, and LeBron taking those threes, not Mario Chalmers and Mike Bibby.

We just have to come out and compete.

Case and point, Haywood had 7 rebounds in 14 minutes. Tyson had 4 in 33 minutes. Tyson isn't a bad rebounder, it just didn't happen for him Tuesday.

man why the hell CLE gotta support the mavs. as if the mavs aint bad luck enough to begin with

now we gotta absorb the CLE bad feng shui

man why the hell CLE gotta support the mavs. as if the mavs aint bad luck enough to begin with

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Lol yea having any support etc from clevland or ppl from there period kinda seems like bad karma.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Lol yea having any support etc from clevland or ppl from there period kinda seems like bad karma.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Finally watching the replay of the game. You guys blaming the refs are something else.

From that horrible over the back on Dirk to the clean strip Dirk had a lot of those calls kept the Heat in the lead.

Keep in mind that the hand is part of ball and its only a foul if its below the wrist.

Its wasn't 06 level but there were 5 straight fishy calls. I'm going to chalk it up to homecourt advantage and its not nearly the reason we lost. Upon watching the game the second time I blame Jason Terry.

Based off raw emotion I thought we were done but after the second viewing I'm still pretty confident.

What about the exact same call on the other end when Chalmers (I think) slapped the ball when Nowitzki held it? Keep in mind that the hand is part of ball and its only a foul if its below the wrist.

PBecause he hit his arm and touched no ball at all(pause)I'll post a pic when I get out of work.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Finally watching the replay of the game. You guys blaming the refs are something else.

From that horrible over the back on Dirk to the clean strip Dirk had a lot of those calls kept the Heat in the lead.

Keep in mind that the hand is part of ball and its only a foul if its below the wrist.

Its wasn't 06 level but there were 5 straight fishy calls. I'm going to chalk it up to homecourt advantage and its not nearly the reason we lost. Upon watching the game the second time I blame Jason Terry.

Based off raw emotion I thought we were done but after the second viewing I'm still pretty confident.

What about the exact same call on the other end when Chalmers (I think) slapped the ball when Nowitzki held it? Keep in mind that the hand is part of ball and its only a foul if its below the wrist.

PBecause he hit his arm and touched no ball at all(pause)I'll post a pic when I get out of work.

Back
Top Bottom