Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ward is beat the crap out of dawson
Nah...
I got my money on Dawson.

This. Andre Ward has had some nice victories, but his opponents practically stood there. Dawson is bigger, faster, stronger, slicker, and overall more athletic. Only problem is his mental lapses, but it looks like he straightened up.

Going to be down in L.A. this weekend. Was wondering if anyone knows the rules/procedures Wild Card Gym has as to watching Pacquiao train and that sort of stuff? Looking to be there Saturday.

Originally Posted by Don Dela Vega

Going to be down in L.A. this weekend. Was wondering if anyone knows the rules/procedures Wild Card Gym has as to watching Pacquiao train and that sort of stuff? Looking to be there Saturday.

You can go there and watch Manny park his car, and thats about it, lol.  But you can't watch him train. He arrives around 2pm I normally train there Saturday mornings (might see you there!) but they kick us out around 12 to 12:30 to prep up the gym for Manny.  You can however take pics with Freddie if he's not busy training his other boxers.  Freddie is very fan friendly and just chats it up with people.  Its his crew that are kinda punks, lol, but I guess its their job to be.  If you're lucky, you might run into Amir Khan, JCC Jr, Brian Viloria (though i think he's in the PI now) etc..  Anyway, if you just want pics with Freddie, you should be there between 7am to 12 noon.  Oh, you can take pics with his brother Bobby Pac.  he's there earlier and usually either chills at the thai restaurant or the pacquiao t-shirt store next door.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Nah...

gonna be a sad day when a 175 lber gets Bullied all around the ring by a super middleweight.

Ward is going to Eat Dawson alive.

if an unskilled Pascal can batter a heartless Dawson, I dont see any reasn  to think Ward wont do the same.
This Andre Ward shuts fighters down. We've seen it time and time again. Dawson doesn't have the mental makeup to gut out a win vs Ward. 
It's a shame because Dawson is so damn naturally talented, and when he steps on the gas, it's a tough out for any fighter at 168 to 175.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

You can go there and watch Manny park his car, and thats about it, lol.  But you can't watch him train. He arrives around 2pm I normally train there Saturday mornings (might see you there!) but they kick us out around 12 to 12:30 to prep up the gym for Manny.  You can however take pics with Freddie if he's not busy training his other boxers.  Freddie is very fan friendly and just chats it up with people.  Its his crew that are kinda punks, lol, but I guess its their job to be.  If you're lucky, you might run into Amir Khan, JCC Jr, Brian Viloria (though i think he's in the PI now) etc..  Anyway, if you just want pics with Freddie, you should be there between 7am to 12 noon.  Oh, you can take pics with his brother Bobby Pac.  he's there earlier and usually either chills at the thai restaurant or the pacquiao t-shirt store next door.
They have many other guys that they let train there while he's in there other than the big names (Khan, JCC Jr)?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

They have many other guys that they let train there while he's in there other than the big names (Khan, JCC Jr)?
does Pacquiao ever just come downstairs and kick it after training?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

does Pacquiao ever just come downstairs and kick it after training?
I've never seen Pac after his training, because i'm usually gone by the time he's there. 

Japan, the only other guys that they let in during his training hours are the dudes he spars with.  When Manny's not there, anyone is pretty much welcome at the gym to train.  Its really packed, and sometimes there are like 4 of of us hitting one heavy bag, lol.  I normally do mitts with Pacman's cook, who used to be my old boxing coach in the PI.  If he's not there, i just hit the bags..    $5 to train for the day.  $50 for a monthly membership

Nah...

gonna be a sad day when a 175 lber gets Bullied all around the ring by a super middleweight.

if an unskilled Pascal can batter a heartless Dawson, I dont see any reasn  to think Ward wont do the same.
Yeah...
We'll see come fight night..

(If there ever is one).

And what makes you think Ward can bully Dawson around? Dawson ain't no Allan Green, or Mikkel Kessler. 

dawson got bullied by Pascal...

thats what made me come to that.

Pascal is a one punch guy, at least Ward does his dirty boxing game with a bunch of punches.

Im no longer a fan of Chad, I feel like if BHop was 38 years old, he woulda beat Chad's $#$.

Nah...

Yeah...
We'll see come fight night..

(If there ever is one).

And what makes you think Ward can bully Dawson around? Dawson ain't no Allan Green, or Mikkel Kessler. 
This is great. Dawson will probably be the underdog, we'll make a nice chunk of change.
laugh.gif

The only heart and fire that bum ever showed was after that 2nd fight with Hopkins ended. He's a dog and you will lose money. I had high hopes after his scrap with Diaconu but he has not delivered since.

Like the old adage goes, styles make fights. In the words of Bernard Hopkins, he hasn't fought a Slick African American Boxer. I am a fan of Ward, but I'm not going to bet with my heart.  Dawson is not that bright, and if it wasn't for boxing he would work at KFC and get fired his first week. That doesn't change the fact that Dawson has just about every physical and athletic advantage over Ward. 

What makes Chad Dawson tougher or a better challenge to bully than Kessler? I haven't seen anything in any of his fights, MAYBE Glen Johnson 1, that would make me say that he'll be harder to bully or push around than Kessler. Or even a Carl Froch.

I guess I should post my thoughts on dawson. Chad has all the physical tools to be great but mentally he doesn't seem to want to be great. What doesn't make sense is that Chad lacks a sense of urgency when he fights to the point where it looks like he is only willing to do the bare minimum to get by. Chad is like the smart kid in school who brings home Cs when he could bring home As but he doesn't because he's content with just skating by.

Kessler and Froch are not as big, athletic, or slick as Dawson. If you look at all the opponents on Ward's record, he fought a bunch of stiffs. It would have been interesting to see him fight Andre Dirrell so that we can gauge how he fights someone athletic.Ward and Dawson are the two boxers with the best defense from 168-175, slight edge goes to Ward but barely. This fight will not be a shut out no matter who wins, it's just surprising to see an overwhelming majority favorite Ward.

Well I mean Ward pretty much dismantled the top 168lbers and Dawson hasn't lived up to any of his hype or tools so far so can you blame people for favoring Ward
laugh.gif

Chad is like the smart kid in school who brings home Cs when he could bring home As but he doesn't because he's content with just skating by.

Couldn't have said it better.  How long do you wait for the A's before finally accepting him for what he is/has been?

Ward has never really faced adversity, things always seem to go his way. How will he react when Dawson gives him trouble? It's not a matter of if, because Dawson WILL give him trouble. But I have a feeling this fight won't happen soon anyway. 
laugh.gif

I might be in the minority, but I'm not really all that interested in Ward vs Bute, Ward wins that one easily. Not even close.

RJJ thinks Khan has the best chance at beating PBF. IMO Floyd stops Khan around 8-10. If they were to fight later this year or early 2013 anyone give khan a chance?

Originally Posted by trimane24

RJJ thinks Khan has the best chance at beating PBF. IMO Floyd stops Khan around 8-10. If they were to fight later this year or early 2013 anyone give khan a chance?
If they fight now, Mayweather wins. After jail, we have to see. IMO, Erislandy Lara is the one to beat Floyd Mayweather. Most probably don't agree though. And fight won't ever happen unless Floyd goes broke and becomes desperate.
laugh.gif

The Cotto V Mayweather made 1.5 million PPV & generated 94 million second highest behind DLH V Mayweather @ 137million.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Ward has never really faced adversity, things always seem to go his way. How will he react when Dawson gives him trouble? It's not a matter of if, because Dawson WILL give him trouble. But I have a feeling this fight won't happen soon anyway. 
laugh.gif

I might be in the minority, but I'm not really all that interested in Ward vs Bute, Ward wins that one easily. Not even close.

so none of the super 6 fights counts? i mean ward has been in with some good $!# boxers and fought his style and has always won. dawson has all the talent in the world but heart pumps kool-aid this why most of us are picking ward to win. in a tough fight where ward is going to be pushing dude all around the ring and roughing him up you see chad winning? i sure as hell dont.

Back
Top Bottom