Official 2012 Grammy Awards Thread February 12 2012

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Show was wack, only watched because I had nothing else to watch last night

Nicki Minaj is embarrassing, everything about her is just ridiculous now. I'd still hit but she needs to be choke slammed asap
Rihanna did not look good, I don't know what people see in her
Adele earned her awards, album is diamond AND DESERVES TO BE DIAMOND. Amazing voice
I understand they only had a day to prepare the Whitney tribute but it was weak. Hudson can sing but she was the wrong person
Disappointed in Bruno Mars' set and song choice. He performed the worst song on his album, good job.
Drake sounded very emotional introducing Nicki Minaj
Then you don't understand. The people you probably want to sing a Whitney song are probably too effected to give a solid vocal performance. Putting a performance together in 20 hours? When it usually takes 2 months for people to put on a 3 minute performance. It was solid. 

thought Adele was painfully mediocre (as per usual)
laugh.gif

421228_10150566674967449_500802448_9095265_2145886411_n.jpg

AlgnHoOCAAAiuEZ.jpg

LMAO Queens is one embarrassment away from being voted out of the 5 boroughs. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

The Negro Community frowns upon Nicki's shenanigans 
30t6p3b.gif

Speak for yourself. I'm glad she trolled the HELL (pun intended) out of the catholic church.
They deserve it.
At what expense? Embarrassing the hell out of black culture and making an absolute fool of herself? But I wouldn't expect you to understand, you've never been good at seeing things from any perspective other than your own.

minaj, the mets and the dude with the pink durag in no way represent queens.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

thought Adele was painfully mediocre (as per usual)
laugh.gif

I should clarify: as a performer. Voice is fine, but she is BORING to watch. We're all just talking ourselves into her being more than she is. Great voice, very little stage presence. I always come away a bit disappointed. Jennifer Hudson, considering the circumstances, was better, and it wasn't even a "great" performance.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Show was wack, only watched because I had nothing else to watch last night

Nicki Minaj is embarrassing, everything about her is just ridiculous now. I'd still hit but she needs to be choke slammed asap
Rihanna did not look good, I don't know what people see in her
Adele earned her awards, album is diamond AND DESERVES TO BE DIAMOND. Amazing voice
I understand they only had a day to prepare the Whitney tribute but it was weak. Hudson can sing but she was the wrong person
Disappointed in Bruno Mars' set and song choice. He performed the worst song on his album, good job.
Drake sounded very emotional introducing Nicki Minaj
Then you don't understand. The people you probably want to sing a Whitney song are probably too effected to give a solid vocal performance. Putting a performance together in 20 hours? When it usually takes 2 months for people to put on a 3 minute performance. It was solid. 
I understand that, I'd rather have a legend out there crying and breaking down than Jennifer Hudson OR dedicate 5-10 minutes with footage and pics. I thought Jennifer Hudson sounded like %$* compared to how Whitney sang it. One of my favorite songs and she butchered it. I felt like there was no emotion, it looked like it was a rehearsal. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Originally Posted by cguy610

MJ didn't always sing live.� The Motown "moonwalk" performance didn't have live singing.� His performance wasn't that good for other reasons, which didn't have to do with singing.�
I came in here to ask if I was teh only person who thought CB performance was disappointing
30t6p3b.gif
I think the main reason it was disappointing was because when he's not doing a practiced routine, his dance leaves a lot to be desired.� Really, the bottom line is that he's just not that good of a dancer.� He goes from move to move to move without a groove or flow.� Like most of these singers/dancers.

For example, these people on Soul Train are dancing and are grooving to the music, and they are doing moves at the same time.

MJ, had that groove.� Watch 2:37- 2:47, the way he is moving.�
pimp.gif

I was�disappointed, he was just standing, he is a�choreographed�dancer, but his jumps and his backflips have always made him stand out, didnt even get a black flip
eyes.gif

He is not smooth at all, so forced.
frown.gif

Maybe he was sick.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

The Negro Community frowns upon Nicki's shenanigans 
30t6p3b.gif

Speak for yourself. I'm glad she trolled the HELL (pun intended) out of the catholic church.
They deserve it.
At what expense? Embarrassing the hell out of black culture and making an absolute fool of herself? But I wouldn't expect you to understand, you've never been good at seeing things from any perspective other than your own.

Nicki Minaj does not represent me when I step out because I damn sure don't even dress to look like I'm into her (moment for life goes hard tho...
laugh.gif

That being said, I refuse to have her ridiculous performance bear weight on MY perception in society. 

There will come a day where we have to stand on our own, no matter how much we are grouped by outsiders.

You can take your guilt elsewhere. 

Remember this, if you think Minaj represents you, then me and my secular views represent you as well. Ponder that.

^

Drake is moist that's why.

Yes I know he's pulled finer and better than me.

Nikki stop biting off Lady GaGa's wardrobe and Madonna's anti-catholic vibe. Just be you. She's reaching...I was begging for an Em appearance when I heard dungeon dragon; and his whack verses were better than that roman holiday silliness.

Back
Top Bottom