Official 2012 Grammy Awards Thread February 12 2012

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by vandal044

man i feel better about missing this now..how's LL doing hosting?
terrible. they need to stick with comedians. Chris Rock should just do the damn hosting for everything nwo

LL did a great job. Very "corporate", but he was very smooth and on point.

So this @%@+### Wayne actually got arrested backstage? 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

straight sweep for adele.

really doesn't mean anything though.
does anyone remember this lady?

NorahJOnesFiveawardsbig.jpg
Norah Jones deserved every single award. She smashed it that year. Her voice
pimp.gif

Singers like her and Adele is the ones you want to sing to your **** man

i'm not saying she nor adele didn't deserve them.
both are amazing singers and i'm a fan of both.

what i'm trying to say is with all those grammys her first outing, adele could end up obscure from the music scene just like nora jones in 2-3 years.

In L.A. so i just saw CB's "performance". They need to have rules on these sort of shows. If you can't sing LIVE, then you shouldn't be part of the show.

Before the stans come in and defend him...Usher had dance choreography and still managed to sing most of his performance live. Hell...even NSYNC sung LIVE.

How you want to be Michael and not put the work in?

hudson was weak with that performance.
and wth with people complaining about the shortness of the tribute tonight.
chick JUST died two days ago, how much can they really prepare in two days for a show that's been finished for months.

MFr3shM:
23ska909red02:
Oh snap, didn't know Wasting Light was up for album of the year.
smokin.gif
Love that CD.
Foo Fighters won 4 grammy's tonight they did pretty good I also like the cd fav is Bridge Burning.
Didn't know they won 4. Just knew about 2. Didn't they win for the Learning to Walk video, and Rock Album of the Year?

straight sweep for adele.

really doesn't mean anything though.
does anyone remember this lady?

NorahJOnesFiveawardsbig.jpg
Norah Jones deserved every single award. She smashed it that year. Her voice
pimp.gif

Singers like her and Adele is the ones you want to sing to your **** man

i'm not saying she nor adele didn't deserve them.
both are amazing singers and i'm a fan of both.

what i'm trying to say is with all those grammys her first outing, adele could end up obscure from the music scene just like nora jones in 2-3 years.

not Adele's first outing though, she won Best New Artist and another one in 09
then came back and hit even harder with her second album after 3 yrs.

hudson was weak with that performance.
and wth with people complaining about the shortness of the tribute tonight.
chick JUST died two days ago, how much can they really prepare in two days for a show that's been finished for months.

Not even she just died yesterday
They prepared for months for these performances people need to understand that, maybe next year the tribute will be better.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

In L.A. so i just saw CB's "performance". They need to have rules on these sort of shows. If you can't sing LIVE, then you shouldn't be part of the show.
Before the stans come in and defend him...Usher had dance choreography and still managed to sing most of his performance live. Hell...even NSYNC sung LIVE.
I cringe at performances like that, especially when it's unexpected. Ciara is like the biggest perpetrator of that. You may as well be watching
a twerkteam video if you're gonna do something like that (not that I'm complaining about twerkteam)

Im in cali also cant wait to see nicki minaj after reading what you guys are saying should be laughs

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Do any channels show it live there?? I would hate if the grammes was football and I couldn't watch the jets primetime live

best performance for me was golden slumbers actually lol

the etta james tribute and that dude with the guitar and chick who sang were good too.

bruno mars could have did a diff song and performed better. adele too.

rest was basura. carrie underwood is beautiful.

For yall dudes who aren't fans (what kind of guy is a fan of Nicki Minaj?) yall shouldn't have even watched or have comments for w/e she did. I changed the channel after I saw the prelude or w/e that thing was where she was on the wall talking to a priest. I don't keep track of the broad at all.
That's what I did and normally do when she appears on my screen, but after reading the comments in here, I kind of want to see what she did to degrade herself. 
laugh.gif

am i the only one who thinks adele is over rated? no hate but i just think her songs just got popular but she doesnt do it for me

Damn Chipotle sponsoring this?

If people get Chipotle in their gift baskets I'd be jelly.

Originally Posted by dalilboy

am i the only one who thinks adele is over rated? no hate but i just think her songs just got popular but she doesnt do it for me

I think the reason so many people like her besides her amazing voice is because she is so genuine and down to earth. If you ever seen her candid you'd know what I mean. In today's music world especially pop, hip-hop music you have so much gimmick and nonsense (lady gaga and Nicki Minaj are 2 great examples) you hardly ever get to see raw talent like hers on a mainstream level. She doesn't need the lights, fireworks, dancers and other props. Just give her a mic and a piano and she will blow away the audience. That is rare nowadays.

Also glad Bon Iver won tonight.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by dalilboy

I think the reason so many people like her besides her amazing voice is because she is so genuine and down to earth. If you ever seen her candid you'd know what I mean. In today's music world especially pop, hip-hop music you have so much gimmick and nonsense (lady gaga and Nicki Minaj are 2 great examples) you hardly ever get to see raw talent like hers on a mainstream level. She doesn't need the lights, fireworks, dancers and other props. Just give her a mic and a piano and she will blow away the audience. That is rare nowadays.

Also glad Bon Iver won tonight.
pimp.gif

Exactly.  Not to mention that he songs actually have emotion in them that everyone could relate to somehow during some point in their lives.  And I respect that she actually writes her own music as well.  Most of these artists are just performers with zero skills in terms of writing.

Nicki performance was dope to me, but the song was strange as hell
laugh.gif

"Roman Holiday" music video gon' be on some "The Rite" motion picture steez.

Back
Top Bottom