Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

I got the Grizz.
Also, I saw on DraftExpress twitter that the Wizards would be very interested in moving their pick if they don't get the #1.

I'm sure they would be interested in Rudy. Singleton + Blatche + pick for Rudy + Cunningham/Pargo + 25th 
nerd.gif

As a Raptor fan I'm pro Barnes anti-Rivers.

The Laker/Celtic/Duke hater in me won't allow it.

I pray for Anthony any team besides the Bobcats.

I see the Nets winning it.

Haven't kept up with this thread but just wonder, who is the player in the league you can see Davis become?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I got the Grizz.
Also, I saw on DraftExpress twitter that the Wizards would be very interested in moving their pick if they don't get the #1.

I'm sure they would be interested in Rudy. Singleton + Blatche + pick for Rudy + Cunningham/Pargo + 25th 
nerd.gif

That would be nice for the Wizards to have a trio of Wall, Gay and Nene, but why would you want your Grizz to take on Blatche? You already have a chucker in Speights that does the same things as Blatche at a more efficient rate. And you have Arthur coming back plus Cunningham and Z-Bo. But yeah, if the Grizz could get MKG or Beal plus Singleton and somebody else from the Wiz then I'd definitely look into it. Gives them a young player with potential that isn't a chucker and is a better defender, plus lets them get back to the low post game that makes them a tough team for anyone to beat. If the Wizards were to build around that trio though, they'd need a bunch of MORE than willing defenders at the center and SG spots because there wouldn't be much more shots to go around.

Nene and Rudy taking up half the team's cap reeks of mediocrity for the next five years.

But given what's gone on in Washington the past three years, mediocrity might be welcomed.

I can't help but think the Nets get the #1 pick and either pick up Davis or trade it for Dwight.  New town, new arena.  Stern is known to have his grimy hands in this stuff.  As a Blazer fan I can only hope in some way they get a pick outside the top 4.  They will probably screw it up anyways and trade their pick for someone like Iggy and sign Batum back for 10+ million a year.  But I can hope they get some good lottery picks to build this team the way it should be 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

I can't help but think the Nets get the #1 pick and either pick up Davis or trade it for Dwight.  New town, new arena.  Stern is known to have his grimy hands in this stuff.  As a Blazer fan I can only hope in some way they get a pick outside the top 4.  They will probably screw it up anyways and trade their pick for someone like Iggy and sign Batum back for 10+ million a year.  But I can hope they get some good lottery picks to build this team the way it should be 
eyes.gif

We should have a GM soon, so hopefully someone will take the reigns before the draft and cut Allen out of the process. At least I hope so.

I'd like to believe that after the #5 to Minnesota debacle a few years ago, Grunfeld is done trading high picks. Wizards have the amnesty clause in their back pocket, so I think that's what's going to be used on Blatche.

I like Rudy Gay, but his contract is AWFUL.

If the nets get that #1 pick they better not do anything dumb and trade davis...he's gonna be the east coast durant. Dwight got no post moves to be a #1 player

Originally Posted by PMatic

Nene and Rudy taking up half the team's cap reeks of mediocrity for the next five years.

But given what's gone on in Washington the past three years, mediocrity might be welcomed.

Yeah, but you're also pairing those two with John Wall so it's not like they'd be building around just Gay and Nene. That trio should atleast make the playoffs in the East and they need that to start convincing Wall to stay. Dudes gonna bolt in two years if they don't start winning some games now.

Originally Posted by and1play5

If the nets get that #1 pick they better not do anything dumb and trade davis...he's gonna be the east coast durant. Dwight got no post moves to be a #1 player

If the Nets get the #1 pick, they might have to trade it in order to keep DWill... He doesn't want to wait around for Davis to develope.

[h1]Sources: Getting Anthony Davis won't be enough for the Nets to hold onto Deron Williams[/h1]
01-expert-feat-posts-70x70-png_005116.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski | Yahoo! Sports – 1 hour 34 minutes ago

All-Star point guard Deron Williams has made one decision about his free agency: If the Brooklyn Nets win the No. 1 pick in the NBA's draft lottery on Wednesday night – and the chance to secure Kentucky center Anthony Davis – it won't be enough for Williams to sign a contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

"It's Dwight Howard or bust," said a league source who has spoken to Williams.

philadelphia-76ers-v-jersey-nets-20120410-192027-329.jpg
Deron Williams doesn't want to stay with the Nets unless they become an instant contender. (Getty Images)

Williams doesn't want to stay with the Nets unless they become an instant Eastern Conference contender and wouldn't accept waiting for Davis' development. The Nets have a 7.5 percent chance of winning the lottery, and sources said the organization would be willing to part with Davis for the chance to pair Howard and Williams for the franchise's move into a new Brooklyn arena next season.

For the Nets to beat the odds and get the rights to draft Davis, they believe that they'll be able to hold onto forward Brook Lopez in a potential deal with Orlando. Howard regrets forgoing his early termination option on his 2012-13 contract, sources said, and wants a trade before next season. Nevertheless, the Nets become far less appealing should Williams leave in July as a free agent, so Howard's camp is applying pressure on Orlando to expedite a deal once it hires a new general manager.

[Also: Bobcats trying to relax before learning if NBA lottery will yield Anthony Davis]

Orlando ownership has softened on moving Howard and doesn't want to spend another season pleading with him to sign an extension. The organization's preference is to get the best possible trade package for him and start retooling the franchise. Nevertheless, the Magic will give a new GM some latitude to navigate Howard's future once he's hired. Several of the potential GM candidates in Orlando have already been devising trade scenarios for Howard and plan to propose those ideas to Orlando president Alex Martins in the interview process.

Unless the Nets get one of the top three picks in the lottery, the Portland Trail Blazers will own Brooklyn's 2012 choice. The Nets made a trade deadline deal for forward Gerald Wallace, whom they hoped would help convince Williams to stay as a free agent. Nevertheless, Williams has been largely unmoved by the potential free agent and trade scenarios that don't include Howard joining him in Brooklyn.

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...bh0KGvCzTXOe7t.9u5M5nYcB

Being saying Dwight was an idiot for that. I would have called management's bluff on a deal to LA.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I got the Grizz.

nerd.gif

That would be nice for the Wizards to have a trio of Wall, Gay and Nene, but why would you want your Grizz to take on Blatche? You already have a chucker in Speights that does the same things as Blatche at a more efficient rate. And you have Arthur coming back plus Cunningham and Z-Bo. But yeah, if the Grizz could get MKG or Beal plus Singleton and somebody else from the Wiz then I'd definitely look into it. Gives them a young player with potential that isn't a chucker and is a better defender, plus lets them get back to the low post game that makes them a tough team for anyone to beat. If the Wizards were to build around that trio though, they'd need a bunch of MORE than willing defenders at the center and SG spots because there wouldn't be much more shots to go around.

That's because Speights is a free agent and I think Memphis will re-sign DA over Speights this off-season (who is better than Speights). Blatche will essentially be replacing Speights and making that trade would actually put us $3-4M under the cap. Currently, we are only $7.5M away from the tax line and still have to re-sign either DA or Mo. If taking on Blatche gives us that type of flexibility, along with a high pick and Singleton, I'm all for it.

And I have no doubt that Hollins, ZBO and Marc can make Blatche better just like they made Speights better. Another reason for the trade is for the reasons you already mentioned. Makes us even better defensively, allows us to add a player that plays more within the offense and we can draft our SG prospect in Beal. We probably wouldn't get MKG if we had SIngleton because we already have TA and QPon as well. We would have to go with straight offense with that pick. Barnes or Beal would probably be likely unless we traded down and selected Lamb.

Gay has an awful deal, but he's still a very good player. I also think he could thrive a little better in a system more fitted to his style than ours. I don't think Washington would turn down a Wall/Gay/Nene trio. That trio can easily make the playoffs in the East and make them a little more marketable.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by PMatic

But given what's gone on in Washington the past three years, mediocrity might be welcomed
Yeah, but you're also pairing those two with John Wall so it's not like they'd be building around just Gay and Nene. That trio should atleast make the playoffs in the East and they need that to start convincing Wall to stay. Dudes gonna bolt in two years if they don't start winning some games now.
Wall is not turning down a hefty extension from the Wizards. At the very worst, Wall will sign a short-term extension like Love did with the T'Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom