Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Someone convince me as to why Bradley Beal is worth a top three pick. I don't see it.

And I never noticed it until now, but 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at DoubleJs having punk %+% Officer Walker in his avatar.

I REALLY like MKG. For your sake DJ, I hope y'all are able to get him or Anthony Davis. He needs to fix that little hitch in his shot, though. It's making his release slower.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Someone convince me as to why Bradley Beal is worth a top three pick. I don't see it.

And I never noticed it until now, but 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at DoubleJs having punk %+% Officer Walker in his avatar.

laugh.gif

DCU....

For the sake of the franchise, I hope that we can land Davis.  I have no clue how Stern is gonna do things as far as the lottery.  My gut is that the #1 overall will go to the Hornets.  Outside of Davis, I'd want MKG...anything other than that, I'd explore trade options with Portland to get a 2nd lottery pick (for them to move up). 

Davis
MKG
Beal
T-Rob
Drummond
Barnes

One of those will be available if the Cavs (at worst) get #6.

I'm assuming it's going to be Beal or Drummond.... I want Kidd, tho.

I don't see how Brad Beal is a top 3 pick either.

Him and Rivers have been compared ALOT since HS and while I think Beal is better...the gap ain't THAT big to justify people believing he's a top 3 pick and Rivers not being worth a lottery pick.

I see mocks that have them both going lottery within picks of each other.

I don't have access to NBA Scouts' notes so I don't know what they believe.

I'm speaking moreso about public opinion.

I'm not worried about shot mechanics w. MKG. As long as he can create his own shot and get space, he'll be OK. I'd be more concerned with his accuracy, but he seems like he has the work-ethic to put in the hours to improve. Not to mention, there are PLENTY of dudes in the NBA who have awful shooting forms.

I wish I would've seen Beal play more. I know his upside is a lot more than Rivers, but what do people see his ceiling as?

Originally Posted by MBen32

MKG's form. 
sick.gif
eek.gif

It can be smoothed out. The biggest issue is that hitch where he's like double clutching.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

I wish I would've seen Beal play more. I know his upside is a lot more than Rivers, but what do people see his ceiling as?

MKG's form. 
sick.gif
eek.gif

It can be smoothed out. The biggest issue is that hitch where he's like double clutching.
He actually reminds me of a bigger Eric Gordon.

I need a consensus on Brad Beal's height. I've seen everything from 6-3 to 6-5.

EG is about 6'3 220.

No body likes Zeller's Kevin Willis wingspan... Thats his main issue. To me he is still a late lotto pick where as Marshall is mid to late first because Machiano can do a lot of the same things.
Beal's character makes him stand out more. Unless his dad is gone keep him in check I could see Austin getting fed up with the NBA. When you combine that with the idea that his upside is really the same of his pop's as a player and its easy to see why he isnt a lotto pick imo.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

No body likes Zeller's Kevin Willis wingspan... Thats his main issue.
I don't know much about this draft class so far........ but look how Willis turned out
laugh.gif
just saying
Can yall break down the difference between MKG, Barnes, and Terrence Jones???? I want the Kings to go after them.......... and want them to stay clear away from Beal unless we are using him in a trade.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I don't know much about this draft class so far........ but look how Willis turned out
laugh.gif
just saying
Can yall break down the difference between MKG, Barnes, and Terrence Jones???? I want the Kings to go after them.......... and want them to stay clear away from Beal unless we are using him in a trade.
Look at Kevin's other tools though. Elite athletic ability at the position etc.

Originally Posted by woody2626

Henson has a consistent jumper from 15-18 ft and has a decent hook. Hes offensively better than Wright probably now even. Can expect him to avg a block/ block and a half, a game.
yup, his improvement on offense is kind of dramatic. That face up jumper was coming along nicely this year. He's going to be able to guard 4's really well and is/will be great in pick and roll defense. Best basketball is still ahead of him IMO, don't know if the same stands for Barnes/Zeller/Kendall

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

MKG's form. 
sick.gif
eek.gif

He actually reminds me of a bigger Eric Gordon.
I've been saying Gordon as well.
Not sure how much bigger he is than Gordon, though. Don't think it's much, although I could be wrong. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
just saying
MKG = super high BBiq, really high motor/activity guy, great on defense could probably guard 1-3, great on fast break, not an elite athlete but very good, probably never going to be high scorer but he's relentless at getting to the rim and finds ways to score even though his jumper needs work, one of the few guys that has a very little chance of being a bust
Barnes = jump shooting might be his only strength right now, good at spotting up and shooting off on dribble, doesn't do a good job of creating his own shot, decent athlete, soft, think Deng on offense, doesn't find ways to effect the game if his jumper isn't falling, he has an NBA body and a jumper though

TJ = I think he's more of a stretch 4 like a Jeff Green type, strong enough to cover 4s might be fast enough for 3s, can't really create off the dribble though, good athlete that could hit spot up 3s, disappears sometimes, could definitely be good in the right system though. Might be one of those tweeners that's too fast for 4s and too strong for 3s - he actually could get into the post and take advantage of that. 

I'm not sure about Beal. People seem to be high on him because they think he was misused at Florida and they seem to be falling in love with his good shooting mechanics (ignoring his low percentage in college). I'm not saying they're wrong but I'm not sure if I'd use a top 3 pick on him. 

Eric Gordon really, Eric's a pure shooter, more athletic.

MKG, is more like a Andre Igaudala type player.

Best comparison for MKG is Gerald Wallace, they do alot of the same things well and have the same motor.

Im staying away from T Jones, too much Jekyll/Hyde and he's a tweener.

I've always thought that if Harrison improved his handles and added a little post game he could be a very high level player. The fact that he's almost 6'8 doesnt hurt either(the 6'6 jordan number is bs)

Woody I like your posts usually, but you're wrong on this one IMO

MKG will be better than GWallace ever was... T Jones will be better than most think too.. I'm not slurping this UK team, but damn were they talented

I see some mock drafts are starting to tout Orlando Johnson to be a hopeful draftee. I certainly hope so, he'd be the only dude to come out of my small town to make it in the NBA. Just last year another dude from same year, Mason Foster, was the first in a long time to be drafted into the NFL, I sure hope OJ gets a shot.

He's been thought to maybe be a late-first even, by DraftExpress. Dude is super athletic, he can score, create his own shot, and he has a monster wingspan for a 6'5'' SG. If he makes it, whoever picks him, if they play him, my new favorite team.
laugh.gif

He'll be in the Chicago Bulls pool so we'll see. Apparently he did VERY well in the Nets/Rockets combine, calling him the "Best all-around player."

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Woody I like your posts usually, but you're wrong on this one IMO

MKG will be better than GWallace ever was... T Jones will be better than most think too.. I'm not slurping this UK team, but damn were they talented

I agree about him ptobably ending up being better than crash, i was just using his game as a comparison- high motor, rebounds, blocks, does the dirty work and both arent "great" shooters.Last year i was really high on Jones and i think he shouldve left. Just think that he disappeared in games this year and thats a concern. He wont be able to guard 3's at the next level and he's gonna have to be able to hold his own against taller guys in the post. Just want to see a passionate work ethic from him.TRoss is gonna be a good pickup for someone. Love his game

Back
Top Bottom