Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Aside from being lightskinned there are literally no similarities between Trajan Langdon and AR.

I hate that Cleveland was blessed w/ the god last year
30t6p3b.gif

Rivers has too much raw talent and explosiveness to be a "bust"

He'll be good..... maybe not all star caliber, but he'll be an asset to any team he goes to.

No similarities?!? Both from Duke. Both of these cats lived and died by their jumpshot. Both are projected to go 10-15th overall.

AR lives and dies by his shot. That won't get you far in this league.

No need to hate Cleveland Dre, hate me fam - hate me.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Davis' family heartbroken over lottery[/h1]

NewsCore

Share This Story

Updated May 31, 2012 3:01 PM ET

New Orleans Hornets fans may be pleased to hear reigning National Player of the Year Anthony Davis is almost certainly heading to the Big Easy, but it seems the young basketball star's mom is less than thrilled at the prospect.

[h3]MOCK DRAFT[/h3]Anthony Davis may be a lock for the No. 1 pick. But who's next?

The Hornets edged out the Charlotte Bobcats in Wednesday night's lottery to secure the number one pick in next month's NBA Draft.

But the result apparently dismayed the 19-year-old's mother, who had been hoping her boy — raised in Chicago — would land with Michael Jordan's Bobcats.

"A lot of disappointment inside my family," Davis said on "The Dan Patrick Show" Thursday. "My mom wanted me to go to Charlotte. A lot of guys are disappointed but they have to move on and make the best out of New Orleans."

Davis said he's raring to start his NBA career, regardless of what uniform he ends up wearing.

"If I do get drafted number one and go to New Orleans, I'll have a great time," he said. "I'll try to bring a championship to New Orleans. Hopefully we can do great things."

The former Kentucky star, said Wednesday night it was "karma" that he would end up starting his professional career in New Orleans where he led the Wildcats to a national title in April.

The 6ft 10in forward led Kentucky in virtually every statistical category last season as a freshman, including points, rebounds and blocked shots per game. He also led the team with a 62.3 field goal percentage

laugh.gif

anyone else think the Blazers could instantly vault into a top 6 team in the west with 2 correct picks to build around LaMarcus??

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yo how do teams/the league decide on what picks are top 3 or top 5 or top 10 protected? Is it during the trade negotiations or are these labels already on their possible picks based off their record?
Nobody knows?

It's up to the teams to negotiate a pick protection. At the time of the trade, it's known if it's top 3, top 5, top whatever protected.. so the team's record wouldn't factor in.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

No similarities?!? Both from Duke. Both of these cats lived and died by their jumpshot. Both are projected to go 10-15th overall.

Trajan Langdon was a spot up shooter who couldn't create his own shot and had to operate solely coming off screens. His ability to attack off the dribble was horrible. He had no handle. He couldn't guard anyone. He was slow. He wasn't athletic. He was only a shooter. 40+ % from 3.

If AR had a ratchet like Langdon he woulda been a AA and a top 10 pick guaranteed.

Like I said, aside from being lightskinned, the similarity is absolutely horrible.

laugh.gif

LOL WUT? I think is ability to penetrate > his shot. He's gonna be good, solid 6th man. Think Lou Williams 2.0 

5-14 his last game shooting against Lehigh....are we all drawing blanks now??

BTW, his turnover to assist ratio was
sick.gif
. He averaged more turnovers than he did assists per game.

5-14 his last game shooting against Lehigh....are we all drawing blanks now??

BTW, his turnover to assist ratio was
sick.gif
. He averaged more turnovers than he did assists per game.
Yeah he was a freshman, no one thought he was going to come in and dime like Kyrie did for his short stint...

Austin was there to purely score the ball, a volume scorer at that.

He scored 19 against that Lehigh team though
eyes.gif

How about his game at UNC when he went 9-16 for 29?

Game against LeHigh, majority of his points came from the charity stripe.

Good game against UNC, where it counted. Great.

How about his game against florida state? VT? Wake Forest? Horrible FG %.

Dude is barely 1st round material. I'm done arguing about AR; I've seen enough to convince me.

Definitely don't see Trajan = Austin, whatsoever.
Like it has already been stated, Trajan could NEVER get to the basket the way Austin can. Austin relied on his jumpshot a lot this year(although he shouldn't have) but when he wanted to get to the basket, he could get to the basket.

Never the case with Trajan, who was a MUCH better shooter, but much poorer athlete & driver of the basketball. 

Both leave/left(in Trajan's case) to be desired on the Defensive end. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

AR lives and dies by his shot.

LOL.

or maybe, just maybe he lives by his oh i dunno elite ball handling, scoring instincts, and quick first step? Or how about the array of step backs, hesitations, and cross overs, those kind help him "live" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

AR lives and dies by his shot.

LOL.

or maybe, just maybe he lives by his oh i dunno elite ball handling, scoring instincts, and quick first step? Or how about the array of step backs, hesitations, and cross overs, those kind help him "live" 
laugh.gif

All skills that Trajan Langdon possessed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

AR's issue is that he's a 6'2 imitation of Kobe.

SN: Know who I want to fall to OKC? Royce White. That would be such a filthy match if they were able to snag him.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

LOL.

laugh.gif

All skills that Trajan Langdon possessed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Yeah Trajan had that killer crossover locked down.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom